5.0 out of 5 stars excellent pellet trap
Published on January 30, 2012 by Carl L. Weston

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong Product Pricture, and Overpriced!
Misleading, the image is for a different product, the image is the .22 PELLET Trap. So I accidentally purchased the wrong item. I decided to keep it instead of paying the shipping fees AGAIN to return it. Its Overpriced!, $30 more than the amazon prime has it for, plus with free shipping, so it was really $40 overpriced.

Buy from Amazon for the better price, or...
Published on January 20, 2012 by mebeadamb

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent pellet trap, January 30, 2012
This review is from: Champion .22 Bullet Trap (Rimfire Only) (Sports)
I bought this trap in 2000 when I was getting back into competition. Since then Ive fired well over 20,000 rounds of air rifle and air pistol at it. I fired a 22 long rifle at it once just to see how it works... it did, but I would be concerned about lead dust in your house if you shot 22 lr in any volume. You will not be able to ware this trap out in a lifetime with an air gun. Yes, it is metal and makes a clang when you hit it. I put a piece of self adhesive rubber insulation on the back of the trap to keeping it from Pinging. If noise is a big issue for you get a trap that uses clay to catch the pellet. That style of trap requires regular maintenance and refreshing, but it is quiet. With the champion trap you just pour out the used pellets into a bucket and when its full take it to a scrap metal salvage place. The lead used for pellets is very high grade and valuable. With the clip it is easy to use different sized targets, both rifle and pistol without difficulty.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ring, ring, September 12, 2011
UCrazyKid (At my computer) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Champion .22 Bullet Trap (Rimfire Only) (Sports)
A great trap that is very well built. I use it for adult airguns and know it is over kill but I didn't want to get something that would wear out. When a pellet/bullet hit the backstop it tends to ring like a bell/gong. I remedied that by wrapping all the outside surfaces with "Peel and Stick" roof repair material. Essentially it is a 1.5mm tar/rubber material with foil on one side and adhesive on the other. It effectively insulates the trap and adsorbs vibration so that it no longer rings. Now I can stealthily shoot in my backyard with out the noise bothering the neighbors.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stops the round, but with noise and splash-back, October 5, 2012
This review is from: Champion .22 Bullet Trap (Rimfire Only) (Sports)
I wasn't prepared for the noise this makes when the bullet hits it. I wrapped the trap in adhesive roofing material and the noise reduced somewhat, but still rang loudly when hit. I then placed the trap in a cardboard box and filled around it with spray foam. Bingo! Now, with any of my suppressed .22's, I can shoot all day in my basement and not bother anyone in the house at all.

Splash back is another issue. I'm shooting at 50 feet, so it isn't really a safety issue, but it does pepper the target from the rear. The cardboard-behind-the-target approach solves this annoyance totally.

All in all, this trap has provided me an opportunity to shoot safely in my basement without bothering anyone, but not without some tinkering to control noise and splash-back. I'd buy another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outers Bullet Trap, December 16, 2006
This is a fantastic product! I have used it indoors but moved it outside because of lead dust. It has really helped my ability to shoot other weapons better. I just go outside, hand a targetr, and fire for 10-15 minutes without worrying about a round going into the neighbor's house.

5.0 out of 5 stars New version of Gunslick bullet trap., December 18, 2008
Dave (Dublin, OH) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Champion .22 Bullet Trap (Rimfire Only) (Sports)
I have the Gunslick version which preceeded the Outers trap. I have used my trap since about 1975. It has held up extremely well. Mine is painted red gloss paint on the sides. I paid $25 for mine. The trap has survived 33 years of shooting .22 ammo. I highly recommend this trap since it will last a lifetime if taken care of.

5.0 out of 5 stars Champion .22 bullet trap, October 9, 2012
This review is from: Champion .22 Bullet Trap (Rimfire Only) (Sports)
I just received this item and it is a GREAT piece of gear! It has a very thick impact area rear plate (5/32"), is welded very neatly and it's also well painted. Packaging was superior and very appropriate for this heavy steel trap. It shipped quickly too.

Previously I purshased the "do-alloutdoors" model (bolt together) and it was pretty much a poor piece of gear. That model had major gaps at the seams and I was honestly afraid to use it, so I didn't. I sent it back to Amazon for a refund. The refund was very speedy and the return was a no hassle deal.

If you are in the market for a bullet/pellet trap, do yourself a big favor and buy this Champion model. Otherwise you'll remember that $20 you "saved" every time you look at it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solidly built, July 24, 2013
This review is from: Champion .22 Bullet Trap (Rimfire Only) (Sports)
The Champion .22 Bullet Trap is a heavy, welded steel trap that easily handles .22LR rimfire ammo. I set up a 50' indoor range in my basement and it shows no damage after a few boxes of lead target ammo. Although it says "Rimfire Only", I've also been able to use it with RWS Copper-Matrix NTF frangible 9mm pistol ammo, again with no sign of damage. The NTF is a special lead-free 9mm ammo designed for short range tactical training on steel targets. It disintegrates on impact, with no ricochet. I am very pleased with this bullet trap, and expect to use it for many years to come.

The only negatives are that if you don't put a backer (like corrugated cardboard) on your targets, there is lead splashback from the backplate that penetrates the target and messes it up. Others have also noted the noise, but I always wear hearing protection when shooting, so that's not a concern. Finally, the trap is assembled in China, and the welds, though solid, are not perfectly aligned. I had to knock off a star for fit & finish.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong Product Pricture, and Overpriced!, January 20, 2012

Buy from Amazon for the better price, or to see the actual product:

DON'T BUY AT MIDNIGHT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Champion Bullet Trap, April 11, 2011
This review is from: Champion .22 Bullet Trap (Rimfire Only) (Sports)
I purchased this trap for use with my air pistols and have found it to be a perfect addition to my shooting equipment. It works wonderfully and becaue it is .22cal capable, it will never have to be replaced. I fully recommend the purchase of this trap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shootin' Tootin', January 27, 2012
This review is from: Champion .22 Bullet Trap (Rimfire Only) (Sports)
If you shoot any air gun or rim fire up to and including .22 and you want to kill some paper in the winter you need this. It comes assembled, painted and heavy. No gaps or holes. Hang an innocent paper target from the included clip and fire away. Several people complained about the "ringing" when struck by a round. I did not find it loud in the least. It sounds like it got hit and did not ring like a bell. If you find it annoying, run some foam tape across the back. Anyway, this product, Champion .22 Bullet Trap is a remarkable product. Go ahead, spend a little money and don't worry about stray shots.

Champion .22 Bullet Trap (Rimfire Only)
$92.49 $71.39