5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for yoga
Even a downward facing dog position does not make these ride up. Extremely comfortable. Elastic is non-binding at both thigh and waist.
Published 22 months ago by Cathy g

2.0 out of 5 stars Lame - much better options available
Having got these, I'm rather mystified by the other reviews. Yes, they are fairly comfortable, but that's about all I can say for them. Flimsily-constructed shorts that (notwithstanding the product name) would never be able to provide any compression will always seem comfortable, at least until they fall apart.

Don't get me wrong, they work, and even kinda...
Published 19 months ago by rice650

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Lame - much better options available, May 20, 2013
This review is from: Champion Double Dry® Women's Compression Shorts # L538 (Apparel)

Don't get me wrong, they work, and even kinda work for my purpose (a semi-recumbent exercycle), but there are *way* better options. These are single-layer, thin-material, two-panel shorts (with a little gusset in the crotch). By comparison, I've had a number of pairs of the Mizuno Women's Solid Compression Short G3, which are just as comfortable, cheaper, two layer, six panel, with a slightly longer leg and higher rise so I don't end up showing so much butt crack. It looks like the Mizuno shorts may be being phased out now, and are no longer available in my size (medium) but they're still available in other sizes and, were they available in my size, I'd be buying a bunch more. Like the Champion shorts, they also come in a bunch of colours.

If you're interested in something more cycling-shorts-like, at about the same price, there's the Tenn Ladies Cycle Cycling Shorts 8 Panel Long Leg. I've got a pair of these, and they are well-built, and definitely provide compression. I tend not to buy cycling shorts, simply because the padding doesn't do you any good on a recumbent bike, and cycling shorts tend to be a little pricy, but these are an excellent deal, and *way* better than the Champion shorts.

Yes, it's nice to get some colours other than boring black for exercise gear, but these shorts are lame compared to the competition, and the colours are kinda dingey (how about some girlie colours for nominally "women's" exercise gear?). I'm keeping mine simply because at least they're better than nothing and, as noted, the Mizuno ones aren't available in my size any more. Still, I'd never recommend them to anyone, and I'd never buy them again. All in all, these don't deliver on an otherwise reputable brand.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of bugs, May 11, 2014
This package arrived with BUGs inside of it. It was disgusting. I just threw them away but should have asked for a refund. Terrible.

2.0 out of 5 stars No compression shorts, August 12, 2013
To call these compression shorts is a joke. They are nothing more than nylon shorts, no compression whatsoever.
Save your money if you truly want compression shorts

2.0 out of 5 stars The cloth is way too thin, August 5, 2013
They are called compression shorts but the cloth is way too thin to provide any real compression, the can you need for long runs. I bought the small size and it fits well but when I wear them during my runs it feels like I'm running in my underwear. I wear lots of Champion sports cloth and until know I've been always happy with it, but these shorts have really disappointed me. If what you want is compression and support, look for something else, these shorts do not provide any.

1.0 out of 5 stars Runs small, July 16, 2013
Product arrived with sticker over logo which was most difficult to remove without peeling off or destroying logo. Runs very small, looked more like a youth large than a women's large. Extremely disappointed that it did not arrive in size as portrayed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for yoga, February 26, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a lot of support, June 19, 2014
Compared to similar compression shorts from UA, Nike, Reebok and the like, these are less supportive. Still they are more economical than those alternative brands. Good color which is hard to find to match team soccer shorts and better suited for warmer weather rather than cooler climes. Good shorts, not great.

1.0 out of 5 stars way too small, June 1, 2014
When I opened the package I was surprised at how small these shorts were. I thought I ordered a child size pair. instead of returning I donated them. Will not buy similar items on line again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money!, April 2, 2014
I received my product very quickly and the shorts were in good condition. However, they are cheap. That's the only word I can use to describe the material. They are so thin that I can't imagine they will last very long. My thighs are somewhat large which is the reason I was purchasing compression shorts in the first place. These things are so flimsy that they would never stay down over my legs during running or other exercise. I would not call them "compression" shorts at all. I do not recommend purchasing this product. Spend a little more and get some good shorts that will do the job you intended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits BETTER than expected, March 24, 2014
As always Champion quality is amazing. I am a size 12 w/ an apple shape & I usually find most workout or compression shorts are too tight in the waist if they fit well in the legs. Not the case with these. You also don't have issues with the legs riding up like I've experienced with the cotton/spandex shorts. Any time I've purchased the Champion brand it has surpassed my expectations - these are no exception. I definitely purchase these again.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›