Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Champion Double Dry® Women's Compression Shorts # L538
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 20, 2013
Having got these, I'm rather mystified by the other reviews. Yes, they are fairly comfortable, but that's about all I can say for them. Flimsily-constructed shorts that (notwithstanding the product name) would never be able to provide any compression will always seem comfortable, at least until they fall apart.

Don't get me wrong, they work, and even kinda work for my purpose (a semi-recumbent exercycle), but there are *way* better options. These are single-layer, thin-material, two-panel shorts (with a little gusset in the crotch). By comparison, I've had a number of pairs of the Mizuno Women's Solid Compression Short G3, which are just as comfortable, cheaper, two layer, six panel, with a slightly longer leg and higher rise so I don't end up showing so much butt crack. It looks like the Mizuno shorts may be being phased out now, and are no longer available in my size (medium) but they're still available in other sizes and, were they available in my size, I'd be buying a bunch more. Like the Champion shorts, they also come in a bunch of colours.

If you're interested in something more cycling-shorts-like, at about the same price, there's the Tenn Ladies Cycle Cycling Shorts 8 Panel Long Leg. I've got a pair of these, and they are well-built, and definitely provide compression. I tend not to buy cycling shorts, simply because the padding doesn't do you any good on a recumbent bike, and cycling shorts tend to be a little pricy, but these are an excellent deal, and *way* better than the Champion shorts.

Yes, it's nice to get some colours other than boring black for exercise gear, but these shorts are lame compared to the competition, and the colours are kinda dingey (how about some girlie colours for nominally "women's" exercise gear?). I'm keeping mine simply because at least they're better than nothing and, as noted, the Mizuno ones aren't available in my size any more. Still, I'd never recommend them to anyone, and I'd never buy them again. All in all, these don't deliver on an otherwise reputable brand.
on July 16, 2013
Product arrived with sticker over logo which was most difficult to remove without peeling off or destroying logo. Runs very small, looked more like a youth large than a women's large. Extremely disappointed that it did not arrive in size as portrayed.
on August 5, 2013
They are called compression shorts but the cloth is way too thin to provide any real compression, the can you need for long runs. I bought the small size and it fits well but when I wear them during my runs it feels like I'm running in my underwear. I wear lots of Champion sports cloth and until know I've been always happy with it, but these shorts have really disappointed me. If what you want is compression and support, look for something else, these shorts do not provide any.
on July 11, 2013
I would have given this 5 stars except that the leg rides up ever so slightly. I purchased this item in blue and green. The shorts are comfortable and launder beautifully. I don't understand the 'compression' term, but I like them. I purchased them primarily for my exercise classes. Would recommend them.
on August 22, 2013
I had previously bought another pair of shorts that turned out to be much too short for my thicker thighs. These ones are the perfect length for running, and they fit really well. Snug but not too tight.
on July 15, 2013
I have these Champion compression shorts in black and wanted another color. I was very disappointed to find the sizing to be inconsistent as the Small I ordered in white fits larger than my current Small in black. I wanted to exchange the Small for an Extra Small but it appears the Return Policy does not allow for that. Guess I will have to flat out return them
on August 3, 2013
I expected it to be like my other Champion Double Dry shorts. Not so. These are not cottony at all, more like all nonbreathable spandex and lycra. Why would they call them the same thing if it's a different fabric. Disappointing.
on August 12, 2013
To call these compression shorts is a joke. They are nothing more than nylon shorts, no compression whatsoever.
Save your money if you truly want compression shorts
on February 26, 2013
Even a downward facing dog position does not make these ride up. Extremely comfortable. Elastic is non-binding at both thigh and waist.
on June 21, 2013
I was about to purchase these and went to select my size and alas! They do not have BLACK in an XL. What?! I would think black of all colors would be available in all sizes since it is a generic color.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse