Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 23, 2013
I purchased this to go with my Champion gennie. Well-built, stout cord, molded ends. It fit correctly, and it works.

Interesting side-note- The way this is wired, the gennie MUST be on 240 output. The cord takes 120V off of both "legs" of the gennie rotor. The receptacle has 4 outlets, and each "leg" of the gennie output goes to 2 of the outlets.

What this gives you is essentially two 2-receptacle 15-amp circuits, side by side on the outlet end of the cord.

I like that. The wiring scheme makes it easier to balance the load on the gennie. If one has 2 heavier loads, they can be put one each on the different legs of the rotor.The wiring can be easily seen thru the transparent molded female end.

Good idea, and well executed.
on March 6, 2013
I have no issues with this cord, but Amazon seems to be trying to pair it up with the Champion 4000W generator that uses a different plug type. This is a 4 prong plug (L14-30), but the Champion 4000W generator uses a 3 prong plug (L5-30). Just be careful when purchasing a cable for your generator that you get the correct connector type!
on January 9, 2014
Needed a way to make the 240 outlet useful and this was the way. Splits the 240 volt/30amp into 4 120volt/20amp plugs. Was able to power more lamps and even an extra heater when we lost power for a few hours with the generator. Had bought this for another use but came in handy for use with our generator when snow and ice knocked out the power for several hours. it's a big cord, but can see why it's heavy. As long as you do not exceed 30 amps total you can run four extension cords to where you need them. Have purchased other champion power cords before and they have quality products. Happy with the Champion power cords for quality as well as pricing. Champion cords seem to price lower than other brands that sell similar products. I will tell you that when it gets below zero these suckers get stiff, so plan accordingly and set up before the temps drop to far!! The four outlets can accommodate the 20amp style 120volt plug ends too! 20amp cords have different plugs then the 15amp cords do, just fyi. Thanks Amazon for another awesome product!
on March 13, 2012
This wire is all you will ever need to bring the power of your generator indoors! It delivers 4 separate 20 AMP circuits from your 30 AMP generator plug. Highly recommended....!
on June 25, 2013
This thing isn't exactly what I'd call exciting, but it gets the job done, no fuss, no muss, no bother, and no men left on base. We've got a WEN 56352 3500 Watt 212cc 7 HP OHV Gas Powered Portable Generator that just survived a thirty hour wind related ordeal. This gets the power into the house securely without any perceptible loss, and simplifies the distribution therein. Why a full five for something that's more or less an extension cord on steroids? It greatly simplifies the set-up and reduces my exposure to gale force winds. I appreciate that.
on October 29, 2015
When the situation is one where you need to put a cable like this to use it needs to be of very high quality and reliable. This cable fits the bill.
If you're employing a back-up generator to run a whole house you'll need a good 10/4 gauge cable like this one to safely distribute power.
on July 13, 2015
After much consideration, I chose this for my generator instead of a transfer switch. For how infrequently the power goes out in my neighborhood, I won't mind stringing cords around to my essential appliances/electronics. Well constructed, good price, very heavy-duty.
on May 29, 2014
I saved myself quite a bit on extension cords with this bad boy.

It splits 30 amps into two 15-amp legs which allow you to plug in a smaller gauge extension cord or power strip.

Now I highly recommend not going below a 12 gauge cable for anything plugged into a higher powered generator, but a 14 gauge cable shouldn't hurt if it is of higher quality.

If you're looking to save a little bit of money on cables I would highly recommend buying this splitter. VERY high quality material and carries 7500 Watts 25 Feet. Great product at a great price
on April 24, 2014
Requires a generator with an L14-30R 120/240 Volt Twist-Lock female receptacle. The cable arrived with a couple of the pins (there are four) being slightly bent on the L14-30P male connector. This probably happened during shipment since there was no protective cap covering these pins, and they could not be made to fit into a L14-30R female receptacle without being straightened. A pair of needle nosed pliers corrected this problem. The lack of a protective cap for the L14-30P is what led me to give only four stars for this product, which is also a bit puzzling since Champion did see fit to supply protective caps for the four 5-20R 120 volt female receptacles on the other end of the cable.
on December 13, 2015
**Update** I stand by the quality and promise of this cord, unfortunately after having it set up and ready to go with my new generator I found that it has the wrong plug even though this is the one that Amazon recommended for my generator. If you are purchasing the Champion duel fuel 4750 Watt CARB compliant generator #76533 then you want the 120volt only cord with the L5-30 plug (part #48034), not this one. On a good not it is a bit less expensive and looks just as strong as this one. Luckily Amazon is good with returns and I should have the right cord shortly. Because of the quality of this cord and what really appears to be solid manufacturing I am not changing the five star rating over this mix up.

Good thick cord that alleviates plugging right into the generator. All I do is plug this in with its twist lock capability and run it into the house then plug things in right there. Easy.