Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on November 28, 2014
Like so many others here, I'm fed up with these pants. The waistband thread rips out at first washing, and at third washing the fabric has pulled away from the waistband elastic. By the time you get it out of the dryer the threads have encircled the legs and you can't get them apart.

There is a solution, though it will cost more and is not Prime-eligible: Look up Champion Men's Closed-Bottom Jersey Pant (yes, it's exactly the same description as this pant here). The ASIN (Amazon Standard Identification Number) is B003XDTAWU. The model number is p2235. The waistbands are made differently; they are much more durable and have given me much less trouble. They are made in Honduras, whereas the rip-apart pants on this page are made in El Salvador.

Unfortunately, the better ones cost $17.90 plus $6.99 shipping. But for people who rely on these pants as my husband does, they are much more reliable and worth the extra charge.
55 comments69 of 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 3, 2014
Fit and fabric are the same, but unfortunately the waistband is much wider than before and not completely fabric covered, so not as comfortable or attractive. Not sure if this is a permanent change to all Champion jersey closed bottom pants and not sure reason for change. We'll see how the consumer reacts to this. Hope Champion strongly considers returning to the original design.
22 comments37 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 21, 2014
The exposed elastic on the inside of the waistband makes it uncomfortable against the skin. I was also disappointed by the thin material.
0Comment31 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 3, 2015
Have to give one star because the trousers have 2 inches different lengths . A picture is shown below.
I am surprised at such a stupid mistake and very curious of how it happened though do understand everyone makes mistakes .
review image
22 comments25 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 8, 2014
The waist band has changed from soft jersery to rough elastic. Very scratchy on the skin. Would not buy them again.
11 comment17 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 8, 2014
These are serviceable exercise pants with one glaring deficiency: the stitching that holds in the waist cord is woefully inadequate and tore at my first attempt to adjust the cord. I would expect the cord to be inside the seam of the waistband but instead it's stitched to the waistband with a lot of very fine thread. Otherwise the material is a good weight for working out and the ankle cuffs are loose enough to give freedom of movement.

Followup: After the first wash 50% of the cord was detached from the waistband. These are supposed to be hardwearing exercise apparel but the weird and compromised design of the waistband means they're going in the trash.
22 comments19 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 9, 2014
These used to have a traditional waistband - like every other pair of sweats I've ever owned. However Champion has changed the waistband to a very thick, wide band about 2-3" wide. Not sure why? In any case since it's so wide and there is so much more stitching in the waistband than there used to be, the stitching is pulling loose and getting snagged all the time. I've only worn these a month or so and it's clear that they won't last more than 6 months, maybe a year at the most.

If it's not too late already, I'm going to send these back and get a refund.
11 comment17 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 17, 2014
I practically live in sweats during the winters here in the pacific northwest, so every few years I go on the quest for a few new pair of sweat pants mostly. It's not easy. I am six feet tall, 220 lbs, with a 32" inseam. I require extra large in sweat pants, but as all the reviews state, the legs come way to long. It's as if the manufacturers assume that if you order extra large, then you MUST have extremely long legs. It may be an American myth. So, when I started looking, I found these Champion sweat pants that were 90% cotton (it's on the label). I knew that I could wash these pants in very hot water and very hot dryer to insure max shrinkage. I'm glad to report that the legs shrank at least 3" and no longer hang on the floor, and the rest of the pants seem to remain as original. Now, the fit is correct with a little gathering at the ankle. I ordered three more pair and now I'm smiling....I'm good for another few years. The pleasing quality is what you would expect from a major manufacturer, and the waist elastic is comfortable. I would have given a 5 star rating if only I hadn't been compelled to shrink the pants to fit. I highly recommend this product, but just know that the legs come very long.
on April 28, 2014
I thought these would be heavy duty cotton, but these are very thin.
We'll see how they last, normally long pants this thin get holes quite easily.
on May 4, 2015
The other reviewers aren't kidding about the waistband; it's not lined, it's a scratchy material, and the elastic stitching starts breaking the minute you go to put them on so you wind up with pulled threads around the inside of the band. Really a cheap waistband. Other than that, they're pretty well made. The pockets are deep. The material is light weight jersey type with no fleece. The size runs a little bit large. The colors are true to the picture.

I had bought 4 pairs of these. I thought all pairs would be made alike. In fact, only one pair had the waist band issue. The others are different, not scratchy, and they seem reinforced to prevent the elastic threads from breaking. Maybe they changed the method and I just happened to get one of the old style on the one pair. Anyway, if the band issue is fixed I rate these a 5 star.