4.0 out of 5 stars Very Comfortable. Just not durable
Published on May 11, 2011 by Daniel Hajek

3.0 out of 5 stars Itchy stitching on the back
Published on February 27, 2011 by zdb

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Comfortable. Just not durable, May 11, 2011
I purchased 5 of these shirts and i have been using them while working out for several months now. Living in Miami, if you exercise outside(or even just stand outside) you will quickly get drenched in sweat. Cotton shirts will soak up the water and you will feel all wet. I purchased these and they make a huge difference. Even after working out for an hour I am much more comfortable. These shirts are made from synthetic material and even when wet they glide over your skin instead of sticking to it. The shirts have 2 layers of fabric. the outer one looks like standard mesh(with holes) and the inner layer is solid. Both layers are very thin(but not see through) and the shirts themselves are very light. I have only been able to test them in hot weather so I don't know how they perform in the cold. Over all I am happy with them.
These shirts do have drawbacks though. Here is a quote from a running website "After awhile, moisture wicking, technical apparel can start to smell, even right after washing it. The residue from ordinary detergents traps water in the fibers which enables bacteria to grow. The bacteria are what cause your favorite running shirt to stink." I have found this to be the case with these shirts. I only wear them for working out for about 2 hours max. Even before the end, the shirt does have an odor.(Just as a side note, I do not normally have body odor. Just with these shirts I have yet to find a special(Sport) detergent that will take care of this. Edit: Tide Sport does a good job. I will also run it in the dryer longer to completely bake any extra moisture out of them.
One more drawback is that the material is not very tough at all. I wore one of these on a hiking trip and lightly brushed against a tree branch. When I took the shirt off it had a 2 inch run in it. More durable synthetic shirts will not do this.(They will also probably weigh more than these. If you have cats, or any animal with claws, then do not let them touch these shirts. I ruined one of these by letting my cat sit in my lap. Even lightly touching them with claws can damage the shirt. The shirt will still function, it just won't look nice.
Over all I am happy with these shirts so I gave them 4 stars. I use them only for working out in the gym or doing something that won't scratch them. I hope this helps you make up your mind.

3.0 out of 5 stars Itchy stitching on the back, February 27, 2011
I am a moderately avid runner that was looking for cheaper alternative to the Nike Dri-Fit line of shirts that I typically use when running. I was really happy to find these shirts at such a low price and purchased two of them. After using them for a couple of runs, I find myself missing my Nike shirts. The stitching that runs from shoulder blade to shoulder blade is itchy. While it's not an overwhelming annoyance when running, it is a bit distracting. Importantly, though, it does NOT cause a noticeable abrasion on my skin -- just a little bit itchy.

Outside of the stitching, the shirts do as advertised. They wick moisture away and are very light weight. While I'll continue to use them when I run, I can't say that I'm totally happy with the purchase. If you're not bothered by this sort of thing, you'll likely not find a better value.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Exercise Shirt, January 21, 2011
S. Archer (Cary, North Carolina, USA) - See all my reviews
I ordered 3 of these shirts and am mostly satisfied. The shirts are great for exercising and the sizing is pretty accurate.

My only complaint is that I think I'd rather a cotton/polyester blend instead of 100% polyester. While the polyester keeps you dry, the shirt is a little light and slinky and I'd rather some of the weight that cotton would bring. Other that that, these shirts are well made and are as described.

Since they're 100% polyester you're going to have to wash them in cold water. I wash mine by hand after each workout and then spin them in the washing machine before hanging them to dry. They dry very quickly. Doing this ensures that they're available for the next work out and remain in good condition.

UPDATE, 3/2011: Having exercised in these shirts for 3 months I can report that they are excellent. They feel good to workout in, and have worn well. Keep in mind that I have always washed them by hand and spun them in the washing machine. They dry very quickly when hung up. I recently purchased another shirt, which is as good as an endorsement that you can get. Recommended.

UPDATE, 7/2011: These shirts continue to be excellent. They get a lot of use but are still looking great. Again, I always wash them by hand and spin them in the washing machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, great value, February 21, 2010
J. Yu (Tallahassee, FL) - See all my reviews
My husband used to wear performance fabric shirts to keep him cool when he was a bartender at a club with a patio. Recently we joined a gym and he started looking for some new shirts but complained how expensive they were. So I checked Amazon and voila! This double dry training t shirt is just what he wanted--at a great price! I ordered the air force blue in large. It's a little big, but fine for exercising. (My husband is 5'7" and normal weight.) He says he is so much more comfortable and cooler when he works out in this shirt than in a regular cotton shirt. I ordered him a second one in white.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too short compared to other brands:, May 14, 2012
The shirt fits ok and is great for jogging. However, the shirt appears to be 1.5 - 2.5 inches shorter than my underarmour shirts when measuring the length from the collarseam to the bottom of the shirt. After working out and doing some pullups in a class, I was wondering why my shirt was showing my pale stomach compared to the other people in my class. I am 5'8" and average build and wear a size large. When doing pullups, it looks like I am wearing a shirt two sizes too small for me. After measuring the Champion shirts and then the UA brand I realized that Champion shirts cut an inch or two off the length. From the collarseam to the bottom of the shirt on an UA shirt is 25.5 inches for a large. For a Champion I measured 24 and 23" on two different duo-dry styles bought at Target. A Russel Athletic Shirt also measures 25.5 inches for additional comparison. Just something to be aware of.

4.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, December 22, 2009
This review is from: Champion Men's Double Dry Training Tee (Apparel)
Colour images are accurate.
Product finish was good also.
Product fits as expected.
Delivery was prompt.

95% satisfied

3.0 out of 5 stars Shirt runs a little small., September 17, 2011
I have the same medium sized shirt in navy blue that I bought from another department store and it fit perfectly. However this white shirt, at the same size from this seller, ran MUCH smaller. I can still wear it, but it's still a tight fit. Sizing is dependent on where it was manufactured. Most of the shirts from this seller are made in Jordan, the one that fits me well is made in Haiti. I bought another shirt in slate gray from Amazon in large, and that one was too big (also made in Jordan).

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Shirt, good buy, July 16, 2010
This is nice shirt to exercise in. It's comfortable, drys rapidly and launders well (cold water only). One caution on the fabric is that if it is stored damp, it can mildew fairly rapidly (less than 24 hours). The shirt seems to be true to size (2XL) and has stayed that way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Champion Dbl. Dry core T, November 9, 2009
Excellent shirt; true to size; great fabric properties and very comfortable - non-chaffing too. I would highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars not bad, but I've had better, June 28, 2010
I bought this along with a nike dri fit and under armour UA tech shirts, trying to gegt a feel for which one would work best as an undershirt underneath my uniform. If you are looking for a workout shirt, this would probably work quite nicely. As an undershirt, it didnt feel as comfortable as the under armour, due to the way the material is composed, kind of a square weeve. Out of the 3, I went with the under armour for daily wear, which is what I was looking for.

Champion Men's Double Dry Training Tee, Navy,Large
$24.00 $14.00
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
Rate and Discover Movies