4.0 out of 5 stars Good short for working out or play
Published on February 4, 2010 by Arlcay

I love these shorts for running in the hot weather. I wear UnderArmour compression shorts under them. They are very lightweight and breathable. They also have a pocket to carry my key and passcard for when I run at work. For reference, my waist is 34-36 and I ordered the size Medium shorts -- they fit perfect.

Update [Sep 2011]: I wore these in a 200mi...
Published on August 17, 2011 by Dougie Fresh

4.0 out of 5 stars Good short for working out or play, February 4, 2010
This review is from: Champion Men's Double Dry Training Short (Apparel)
These are good shorts if you want a basic pair to work out or just play around. The sizing feels a little big in certain areas. Not necessarily the waist, but the leg openings. I was afraid to exchange for a smaller size because I felt the waist wouldn't be right. I can deal with it, but it's just something to be aware of when buying. One thing I noticed about these shorts that I couldn't really tell on Amazon or Champion's website is the fact that they are somewhat see-through. Might be more noticeable if white or light colored underwear was worn underneath. Something I might do, is get a pair of Underarmour or similar compression type pants to wear underneath while exercising. Seems like I've noticed guys doing that on Fit For Duty. It might look and feel better while doing something like leg presses where the legs are going to be coming up.

5.0 out of 5 stars great gym shorts, June 18, 2010
This review is from: Champion Men's Double Dry Training Short (Apparel)
These shorts are cool and comfortable. Very good deal for the money. They keep you nice and dry during sweaty workouts. Some reviewers mentioned that they are somewhat see through. Well when you hold them up to the light they are. But when you put them against your skin they are absolutely not see through, because you need a good bit of light for that to occur. If you have something glowing in your naughty bits region then they'll probably be see through, and you should get to the ER pronto. I have been wearing these in the gym for over a month and no one has cited me for indecent exposure. I wear nothing underneath but a jockstrap (a white one) and I cannot see it through these shorts at all. So don't base your decision to buy these on their sheerness level which is only a conditional occurence.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good running shorts with pockets, July 29, 2011
I had been using the same running shorts for the past 2 years and they were starting to get loose and not hold up as well. I ordered the Champion shorts and they were a hit from the start. The pockets are great and hold my ipod, keys and anything else I need to have with me for my run. They are light weight shorts and didn't overheat me even in 80+ degree weather with 80%+ humidity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great workout shorts!, May 22, 2013
I am a 40+ year old man, and work out at least 3-5 times per week. My workouts generally consist of kettlebell training and body weight exercises (pull ups/dips). I've tried Under Armour, I've tried Starter and some other brands. None compare to the quality, value and construction of these shorts (I have three pair to go with three of the Champion Men's Double Dry Core Muscle Tee).

I was looking for new workout gear, you can see my review for the matching Champion shirts, and I bought these shorts to go with the shirts. Very happy with them! When I ordered these shorts, I din't see in the product description or the reviews whether or not they have pockets, and they do. I use my smartphone for tunes, and the pockets are roomy enough for it to remain secure.

These shorts are not form fitting, but hang loose enough to feel good without being too baggy (I'm 6' 1" and 245). The construction is good. The material is far superior to cotton to work out in. I do sweat a lot when working out, but I feel much more comfortable in this vs. cotton. I was somewhat worried when I ordered these shorts about their durability, as I work overseas and our laundry is done by local nationals. However, after having these shorts (three of them) and the Champion Double Dry Core Muscle Tee for well over a month now, they are as good as new. No issues there at all.

Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, July 11, 2009
SCRobert1 (Columbia, SC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Champion Men's Double Dry Training Short (Apparel)
These are great buys, got three of them. Great for running or gym. They are roomy, comfortable and dry super-fast. Highly recommend them!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for summertime running but don't last more than a couple of seasons, August 17, 2011
This review is from: Champion Men's Double Dry Training Short (Apparel)

Update [Sep 2011]: I wore these in a 200mi relay this past weekend. They were incredibly comfortable.

Update [Sep 2012]: I wore these in a 2nd 200mi relay two weekends ago. I finally have one with a hole in it. These have seen a LOT of running!

Update [Dec 2013]: Every pair wore through by the end of summer 2013. So, they lasted about two years. I had some cheap WalMart no-name brand and other Champion shorts lasted longer and with more running. I've reduced my rating from 5 to 3 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable but too baggy, March 27, 2010
These are very comfortable and a good length but too loose for my taste. I bought them with the intent to jog in them but they'll be converted to casual shorts instead.

1.0 out of 5 stars sizes for a giant, December 22, 2009
Product: Every other brand I purchase I use an "L" this seems to be an xl at the very least mis-labelled. The shirts I purchased were perfect but the shorts...wayyy off.

Delivery: timely no problems there at all.

Value for money: Had they fit It would have been 100% but the sizing is deceptive.

4.0 out of 5 stars Laid back shorts but run from fire!, January 10, 2011
J. Ream (CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Champion Men's Double Dry Training Short (Apparel)
I needed some lounge/workout shorts and these were simple and inexpensive. The drawstring provides an adjustable fit, while keeping them lightweight and loose. Pockets are especially helpful in shorts of this style to hold keys/iPods/wallet/etc. The quality is something you can expect from Champion (not great, but not bad either).

The only thing to remember is if you see a campfire - go the other direction. These (and probably most other items of clothing made from this material) melt like no other when a spark/fire fairy/ash decides to land on you. After several camp fires, you will look like you were attacked by moths.

5.0 out of 5 stars Champion Double Dri shorts, September 12, 2009
I love wearing these shorts when I do cardio work because I sweat quite a bit but these things stay dry. In addition they are very comfortable (and stylish) to wear anyway.

Champion Men's Double Dry Training Short