5.0 out of 5 stars Ode to Joy!
I have bought many things in this lifetime and seldom do I even take the time to refer a product to anybody, because I consider it free advertising. However, this product just happens to fit that category.

Published 19 months ago by Meh

3.0 out of 5 stars Weak seams
These are comfortable. I was satisfied with them at first. I bought two pairs. In around a month a seam on one of the pairs has become damaged. I'm careful to wash these gently and away from clothes with zippers, and I let them air dry. Naturally I'm rather questioning the longevity of these boxer briefs. For the cost, they should be higher quality.
Published 22 months ago by ctesibiusulpius

5.0 out of 5 stars Ode to Joy!, May 29, 2013

My fellow "chaffer", "ride-ups", and "sweaty thighs, buttocks, & privates" I have come to inform you that salvation is here. As a man, who is a little on the rotund side, I have to say that the first time I worked out with these, I could only hear Beethoven's "Ninth Symphony, Ode to Joy" playing in my head. The one irritation I had of exercising and walking long distances was gone. For a moment on the treadmill, the sensation was so great that I began to cry. Mind you, I have only cried three times within this life time. Once when I chopped my first onion, and another when Chuck Norris stopped a chainsaw with his bare hands, and now this. Yes, it is that good. If you don't believe me try and you'll cry. In addition, if you know how annoying chaffing or having your underwear ride up your junk is, then you know how I feel.

Brothers, for centuries we were a hunted breed; we hid in the shadows of society developing our own secret art of dealing with these undesirable ailments. But now, my friends, my good brothers, all those whom I know and many not know. Look. No. Further.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eliminates chafing, August 6, 2012
Kat (Southern California United States) - See all my reviews
After hearing my fiance constantly complain about his chafing thighs I went on search and found these. He LOVES them. No chafing, he says they are comfortable, and I think they look really sexy. Done deal, back to get more.
Update: We just returned from a three day trip to Disneyland in mid August heat and humidity- no chafing at all, these are great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, October 24, 2012
Arien Young (Owings Mills, MD United States) - See all my reviews
Yes, these are something like 2-3 times as expensive as Hanes and Fruit of the Loom boxer briefs. But the problem with the cheaper boxer briefs is that they lose their shape VERY quickly. So you start with boxer briefs and end up with boxers before the day is even over! Not these, they keep their shape all-day! And they're long, another thing you can't get from the cheap cotton varieties. Mine come 2/3 down my thigh. I was really worried about the price, so I bought just one pair to test. I loved them and immediately ordered a bunch more so I'd never have to wear cotton underwear again!

There are other kinds of performance boxer briefs by bigger name brands that cost a lot more than these. I haven't tried those brands so I can't say that these are just as good, but I know that I'm perfectly happy with Champion. I feel no more need to experiment.

Note that the material doesn't seem to soak up as much sweat as cotton, so if you're used to that you might feel more wet during exercise. But another upside of the material is that it breathes MUCH more than cotton so even when sweating you'll feel more cool and comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice -, October 1, 2012
I have a 36-38" waist and the XL's fit great. I work outdoors and do quite a bit of walking throughout the day. They are quite comfortable and keep me cool and dry all day. I really like the longer legs (no chafing!). Same thing at the gym, keeps me cool and dry with no chafing.

I prefer these to similar pairs from Nike or Under Armour (and these are much cheaper).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great versatile underwear, December 26, 2012
I own ex officio give'n go as my primary underwear, but wanted something with a little more support for the gym. These are great for that. I have under armor, jockey and these for gym use, and these are superior to the other two brands for the following reasons:

Comfort: These haven't bound up on me, don't ride up much (all underwear do, these only do a little) and the waistband doesn't irritate half-way through the day like the others do.

Versatility: These are great for the gym, the office, and casual lounging. Support is good, but not so much that they become irritating after extended wear. Ex-officio is still my favorite brand for overall casual comfort, but that is because I like a more loose feel normally. If you like being more supported, these should be your first choice.

If you are like me and you want a little more support for activities and working out, grab a pair or two of these. They are great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tried a bunch, Liked these, Reordered more., February 12, 2014
I walk a lot and wanted something to keep my legs from chafing from the crotch seam in my jeans. I've tried about 10 different brands of longer undies. These were the best. After trying all these different brands of shorts these things were important:

1. STAY DOWN. Most of the brands rolled up or bunched up, and became "briefs with heavy piping", which is worse than worthless. The cotton ones would ride up *WHILE WALKING*. The Champions however, stay down all day long.

2. DON'T WEAR OUT from my jeans' crotch seam. One brand that did not roll/bunch up and did stay down to protect my legs, wore out after about 5 wearings. That brand looks the same as these Champions, but apparently is made of different stuff. The Champions are wearing like iron, and have no signs of wear at all yet, after 10 or 15 wears.

3. HAVE A PEE HATCH. That other brand that wore out fast didn't have a pee hatch. I came to realize that with these tight shorts a port for peeing is definitely a good thing. These Champions have the port, so it's fine to wear these all day, every day.

4. LONG ENOUGH. About five of the brands I tried were simply not long enough. These are long enough.

5. WAIST BAND. Some of the brands had a tiny (who designed them?!) waist band that dug in and rolled down during the day. ... ridiculous. The Champions are fine, with a nice wide waistband that stays up and doesn't dig in.

6. AFFORDABLE. Okay, 10 bucks may seem a little high compared to $4 brands, but it's a lot less than Under Armour label. You get what you pay for.

7. SWEAT OR ODOR. I expected problems with clammy-ness, sweat, and/or odor from synthetic undies, that's why I tried several cotton brands first. But the cotton ones failed miserably at staying down. Then I tried the synthetics. I never found any problems at all with sweat or odor from the synthetics, like I expected. Yeah, they felt a little different, not absorbent, but no problems at all with any of them, with moisture or odor ... a pleasant surprise.

1. STAY DOWN. Yeah, I mentioned this, but this is super-important. These Champions *do* stay down.

These Champion shorts are highly recommended. They are a great product. It just now occurs to me that I tried 5 brands of socks and ended up liking the Champion socks the most, too. I threw out the other 4 pairs and bought 20 pairs of the Champion socks. So, hmmm... Champion is doing something right. I'm going to go see what else they sell. Under Armour seems to be for the rich guy that wants to impress people (two of these guys at work), and Champion seems to provide good stuff to the boxer on a budget.

4.0 out of 5 stars Champs, May 20, 2013
Great quality, but they run a little small in the leg and butt area. I have a 32 inch waist, but will probably have to order a large next time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Weak seams, February 3, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Too Restrictive & Sizing Good, April 11, 2013
My history before trying these Champion Men's Tech Long Boxer Briefs were such: I bought some Under Amrmour Boxerjock boxers and thought they were pretty snug fitting (too snug I think now), but good for reducing chaffing when I ran. Then I bought a pair of similar stretchy type called Dri-Star Compression Shorts made by Starter, at Walmart, and they've since ran out of them (4/13). The nicer thing I appreciated about this second product was that there was not near the amount of compression as the Boxerjock which left me feeling so much better and more comfortable, mainly because the material was thinner and more stretchy- nice! Well, so I was looking for something that could give me the same feeling and perhaps I would need to also get the sizing right. Well, I'm about a 33-34" waist and ordered a large in these and I can tell you I'm a happy camper. These are a cross between my former two products. First, this Champion brand seemed to provide a larger pocket and area for comfort than the former two. So, while the material is a little thicker than the real thin ones I really liked, they are still of a thinner, more stretchy type as what I really wanted. They are not as thick as the Under Armour Boxerjock ones, in my opinion. They still feel thin enough to flex better when needed while providing a little compression- perfect! Also, the length of these long boxer briefs have not seemed too long under my shorts. They do not show too awfully much either when siting or bending over as I was kind of worried a tad about that. The quality seems to be pretty dang good for the price. When they are designed to give you some room where room is important I think they solved the puzzle of having something durable enough to last, while providing comfort and compression for exercise as hard as I want.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well, I don't love it... He does. :-), February 15, 2013
I got a couple pairs for my husband for his long training runs. Considering I find them in the wash all the time, he seems to like them. He likes how they fit. He has a smaller waist and muscular legs and the small still fits fine (generally, smalls fit his waist well, but mediums fit his thighs better). He said they were a little tight in his upper thighs at first, but once he gets into his workout, they are good to go...