Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Size: 6 x 6-Feet|Change

on May 28, 2008
I play college level lacrosse and as I'm in college, I have no money. I bought this seeing a great deal and a good opportunity to practice. The product description was lacking, but i figured that from the picture it looked sturdy enough. They neglect to show (in the picture) that the net is connected to the frame with velcro bands that are, indeed, not sturdy at all. The first shot I took on it (around 75 mph) three of the bands snapped in two. I have since reconnected the net with twine instead of the velcro and it works well, but the initial product should specify that the quality is made for small children (not even high-school level) whose shot speed is not quite so high. 75 mph isn't even that fast...
on August 17, 2010
Okay... reading the other reviews, I have to put in my two cents.

Let me get out of the way that if you are a college student like the first reviewer, no matter how fast your shot is... this is not the goal for you.

If you are a Varsity or JV player... this is not the goal for you unless you are practicing finesse instead of power.

- The box arrived well before the date Amazon said... about two weeks before to be precise... a very welcome sight because it made it the day before my son's birthday party. It is plainly labeled on the box "RECREATIONAL LACROSSE GOAL", saying to me "don't expect game day quality".

- The pipes are thinner than I would like, considerably thinner than a normal pipe for the goal. They should hold up to beginner shots to a normal shot on goal, maybe not so for a hot dog power shot.

- Easy to assemble... quick snap together. I had the frame set in less than 10 minutes.

- Net... kinda thin.. I would say 2 mil, but again...it's RECREATIONAL. I got the same kind of net on his soccer goals, both of them cheap nets. When replacement time comes, I have the option to buy thicker net here on Amazon. The weather hasn't been great so we really haven't tested the net, but at his party a couple of the kids were shooting a kickball and a soccer ball on it. (followed by me reprimanding them and the adults telling them to shoot on that goal) It held up, but really don't want to continue to test it like that.

- Net installation... they improved on the velcro straps and went to ball bungee ties. Anyone can do a ball bungee. My suggestion would be to take the ball and make it so it is on the REAR of the goal away from where the ball may hit. Simple enough, took me 10 minutes to get it all on and secure. Easier than his soccer net with velcro straps which took me 30 minutes to get all set up and adjusted properly.

- Convenient... the snaps (if I am calling them by the right name) and ball bungees make taking this down for winter a breeze. Won't take up much space in the shed or garage at all.

If you have a youngster or new player who is wanting something to take shots on or play pick up games with friends and you don't have much cash to spare, this is the way to go. For my son's needs, it serves the purpose. Something to get the stick in his hand and building some skills.

If you are a Modified, Jv, Varsity, College student with a power shot and a half, unfortunately you will need to save your money a little longer and spring for something on here in the $140-$200+ range (like the few made by Brine), but if you are going to spend that kind of money,let me say don't buy a goal... your skills would benefit more by buying an actual lacrosse wall/rebounder which will improve hand eye coordination, stick skills (passing and catching), reaction time and speed.
on June 22, 2012
For the cost, you get a really good value in this product. It's easy to assemble, light weight (making it easy to move around, and the netting is reasonably good in quality and performance for what you pay. You can definitely find better quality LAX goals, but they cost significantly more. If you're a beginner or if budget is an issue for you, this would be a smart purchase.
on May 8, 2012
As has been pointed out in other reviews of Champion goals, the velcro ties that come with the product will break easily if hit with any force. The solution is obtain a box of ball bungies for about $5/box at your home improvement store and substitute at the critical points where the ball could hit. With this mod, the goal is good.
on August 30, 2012
Easy to assemble and decent frame, however the net is terrible; completely unusable due to very thin nylon netting and almost useless velcro fasteners (that are paper thin). I returned this because to buy a decent net for this is as expensive as the goal itself. I went to a local sporting goods store and purchased a 6x6 goal that was incredibly sturdy with a great net for about $90.
on March 17, 2013
I have a high school LAX player and this net was affordable and works well. We followed some advice of other users and used zip ties to secure the net. We have had to replace a few because the ball hits the net at pretty fast speed and force but overall for a backyard practice net it is one we would recommend.
on October 2, 2013
These goals are great for my 8 and 5 year old. Easy to assemble and take apart, and stores away easily. The frame of the goal is solid, though the velcro straps used to attach the net leave something to be desired for older kids with harder shots. I took one shot that was about as hard as a firm pass and a couple of the velcro straps broke. That was disappointing, though on the positive, my daughter thought I was the mightiest lacrosse player ever to walk the face of the earth after she saw the straps explode off the goal posts. If big boys and girls are planning to use this, I recommend finding a better method to affix the net. This is a kids goal, so I still rate it highly despite the flimsy velcro straps.
on July 24, 2015
Good concept, but the net keeps tearing away from the frame. I constantly have to zip tie or find additional Velcro straps to keep it on the frame. I would like to see at this price point a frame that has a throwback or trampoline like surface that would throw the ball back.
on October 7, 2012
I bought this goal for my 5 year old who just started playing (and for me to re-live my high school days, lol!) and it is great for him and will be for many, many years. The other reviews are correct that it is not the most duty goal, but it is an amazing value and it can work for your high school or college player if you want it to. The net comes with velcro fasteners. One recommendation would be to use zip ties if you are going to be taking high speed shots on goal. This would most definitely work just fine then for you. Also, it's not the most heavy weight goal, so it could possibly tip over with faster shots as well...again, easy solution. Stick a couple bricks on the back v part and it will be totally fine. Goal was super easy to put together, took me about 3 minutes, and the net was also easy to put on, took me about 5 minutes. I am so incredibly impressed with this goal, I can't speak highly enough about it. I still feel like I go the best deal ever on it.
on August 3, 2013
Thought I was getting a good deal buying it on Amazon. Then I seen one at Dick's cheaper and better quality.