5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, Good Quality & Excellent Price
Published on August 10, 2010 by Jessica Winn

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very tough for a 'playground' ball.
Published on May 16, 2012 by Stefanie Kline

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, Good Quality & Excellent Price, August 10, 2010
This review is from: Champion Sports 8.5 Inch Playground Ball (Set of 6) (Sports)
I purchased the "Champion Sports 8.5 Inch Playground Ball Set" for dodgeball games to be used by adults of varying age and athletic ability. This set is perfect; durable, good quality and excellent price. The set was shipped quickly and was well packaged. Once received, I unfolded the balls and inflated them. Due to folding during shipping the balls did have some bumps during inflation, but after a few minutes they evened out into a smooth round shape. No issues with oval shapes or bumps.

This set is just the right set for dodgeball--the ribbed texture assists with catching and size allows for healthy throws. How hard or soft the balls are can be controlled by how much the balls are inflated. This set's color variation ended up being extremely helpful, as we can quickly able identify "lost" balls because we know which color is missing and then search for it. Additionally, the picture does not do the balls justice. The colors are very bright and vibrant, making them easy to spot. I highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase for the price, February 17, 2010
L.C. (Seattle, WA United States) - See all my reviews
You can buy similar balls at any sports center or major department store chain, but not at this price! These balls are super tough and keep their air. Note to buyers: these balls come deflated, you'll need a ball pump with a ball needle attachment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal, nice balls!, September 9, 2008
L. Brown (San Francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Wow, what a great price! Got these as party favors for my son's b-day party. At just over $2 each they're a fantastic deal, and something that every kid can use. We've only had ours for a couple of weeks but so far it seems sturdy and well-made.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very tough for a 'playground' ball., May 16, 2012
I was so excited to get a set of these balls for my in-home daycare. I was not crazy about having to inflate them myself but I do realize how hard it would be to ship them. The first set I ordered, the blue ball had a crack. I figured I could send just that one back and get a replacement but no, I had to send the entire set back. They sent me a replacement set super fast and all the balls were fine.... until today. Maybe a month has gone by and the green one developed a crack. These are titled 'playground' balls so I wrongly assumed these would last a bit longer. I just hope the other balls last longer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing for outdoor use, did not hold up., January 27, 2013
I was encouraged to purchase these balls by the high number of positive reviews. Unfortunately, our experience was in the one-star category. They simply did not hold up to outdoor use for us. They quickly developed cracks, the colors faded, and they became unusable. We were careful to put them in a ball-bin after use, and so it wasn't like they were left outside for weeks in the sun. We live in a dry, moderately high-altitude climate, and it seems like they have about zero UV resistance. Maybe okay for indoor use, or use in a humid, shaded environment ... but we won't be buying them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Set of Kickballs, August 18, 2010
Just like the ones that you played with in school. Exactly what I was looking for. Loved the colors! Great for the kids to play with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect 4 square ball, December 26, 2009
K. Prolo (San Jose, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
My boys, and their teachers, needed some new 4 (3 and 2 square) balls for school. I researched a lot of different ones and finally settled on these. They have worked perfectly. I have not had to re-inflate them and they are still undamaged after some tough use. The price is great too. I'll probably buy another set for Teacher's Appreciation Day and donate them to other teachers.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality...41 balls lasted 3 weeks., September 26, 2013
Purchased 8 sets (48) balls for preschool. Pumped them to correct specs and stored them throughout 4 playgrounds in ball carts. Children range in age from toddler to school age. Within a week most of the balls started deflating. Weeks 2 and three, the balls were splitting and we started discarding. This is week five and we have 7 balls remaining that are split but holding air. 41 balls have been discarded.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome price for hours of Fantastic fun, January 20, 2011
The entire family is thrilled with these playground balls. Easy to inflate and hours of fun. Very sturdy, stands up very well to our very active, bull in a china closet 6 year old. At this price we are thinking of buying some for each of our three children's classrooms.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I wanted, December 17, 2009
Fast, clean, hassle-free service. Set of balls was exactly as presented in print. Very pleased.

Champion Sports 8.5 Inch Playground Ball (Set of 6)
$39.40 $31.81