5.0 out of 5 stars Rhino Skins..... The best dodgeball known to youth ministry
Published on April 15, 2011 by Joshua

3.0 out of 5 stars Every 6 months
Good dodgeballs and the kids really like them at church but need to be replaced every six months. They are only used 1 night a week for 2 hours and then need to be replaced. There is no way you can get these to last a year so if you plan on doing a dodgeball ministry plan on spending $10 a month.
Published on February 13, 2011 by Tasha Boardman

5.0 out of 5 stars Rhino Skins..... The best dodgeball known to youth ministry, April 15, 2011
Joshua (South Dakota) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Champion Sports Rhino Skin Dodgeball Set (Sports)
I knew when I ordered these rhino skins I would be in for a treat. I have used them in the past and they are awesome. These balls are durable, they are softer than most, and you can still throw em like laser beams. You can take on to the face and it doesn't hurt near as bad as the big old school rubber ball would. You can take one to other sensitive areas and..... Let's face it... That still hurts. Still, not as much as rubber would. I bought 2 sets of these rhino skins for my youth ministry to play dodgeball in our sanctuary/multi purpose room in our Church facility. They are great. Don't mess up the walls and don't mess up your kids either. I recommend anyone in youth ministry buy at least a set of rhino skins. You will not regret it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Dodgeballs, December 10, 2010
This review is from: Champion Sports Rhino Skin Dodgeball Set (Sports)
For those wondering, these are 6 inch balls. I prefer a 7 or 8.5 inch ball for adult use, but these are still great. You can really throw these, with just a little sting on impact. During our first practice with these I was hit by our strongest guy "below the waist" and wasn't really affected. Can't say that about the old rubber balls we used. Only 4 stars because they don't list the size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dodgeball Review, September 15, 2008
This review is from: Champion Sports Rhino Skin Dodgeball Set (Sports)
Fantastic product, exactly what I was hoping for. Excellent quality at a very competitive price. Seller shipped the product incredibly fast - great customer service!

4.0 out of 5 stars Ball-er, March 10, 2011
This review is from: Champion Sports Rhino Skin Dodgeball Set (Sports)
The product came in the shape that was described and are only slightly bigger then expected (old balls are usually closer to 5", even though they are listed as 6" on Rhino Skin website. These were actually 6" and are easier to grasp.) Would definitely recommend using these for Dodgeball, the soft inside and tough outer skin is perfect for the game versus the rubber balls used in Middle School/Junior High classes. Only odd thing is the skin of the balls that have different textures (Orange has shiny texture while red has a rough dry texture to it. Red is easier to hold on to with sweaty hands and the rest vary in between those two). Different ball textures must be to create different levels of technique required to throw balls and to make it easier for those who aren't experienced players to stay in longer. Definitely a fun product!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for, September 25, 2009
This review is from: Champion Sports Rhino Skin Dodgeball Set (Sports)
Ordered this set of dodgeballs for use on Elementary School playground. They are perfect for that purpose. Lots of fun, low risk of injury. Very durable, great quality...a big hit with the kids. VERY FAST delivery. I got my money's worth with this purchase!

4.0 out of 5 stars Dodge balls of Glory., October 31, 2013
This review is from: Champion Sports Rhino Skin Dodgeball Set (Sports)
Do you like throwing Balls at people? I know I do and these are the best balls you can throw at someone. First of all they are made in Sweden and they make really good pancakes, just ask that chef puppet from the muppets. The best thing about these suckers is that you can hit someone in the face. Sure it doesn't feel great but it doesn't sting that bad, especially compared to your "classic dodgeball". I throw these dodge balls at middle schoolers all the time and they hardly ever cry unless I happen to hit them point blank in the face with all my might (on accident of course.) You really can't go wrong with these guys unless you chew on them with your teeth, if you do that they won't last very long. The only reason I give them 4 instead of 5 stars is because they are stinking expensive but keep in mind they weren't made in a sweat shop so you can at least have the peace of mind that someone got paid a decent wage to make these balls of fury.

3.0 out of 5 stars Every 6 months, February 13, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars dodgeball set, October 30, 2009
This review is from: Champion Sports Rhino Skin Dodgeball Set (Sports)
The balls are perfect for the 4th and 5th grade students to have some fun without the sting of the old fashioned rubber balls.

5.0 out of 5 stars Youth Minister's Stamp of Approval, November 4, 2013
R. Marley (Charleston, SC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Champion Sports Rhino Skin Dodgeball Set (Sports)
Don't spend extra for Gator Skins... These are PERFECT! I had 70+ students in our gym playing dodgeball with 12 of these.

Sizing:
The 6" radius made it a lot more difficult to catch which in turn actually helped speed the games up. As a Youth Minister, there's no reason to spend an extra $100 to get an 8" radius ball.

Flying Distance:
Standing at the 3 point line, I could hit students on the back line of the opposite court.

Sting Factor:
On a scale of 1-5, 1 being the lightest & 5 leaving welts on your body... Rhino Skins would receive a 1. I never felt pain while getting nailed by students all night... I take that back. I should have worn a cup... I had to excuse myself from a game as I curled up in a ball and practiced my breathing techniques on the sideline... I can't imagine the pain I would of felt if it were the original rubber dodgeballs... Needless to say, I thank God I bought these squishy balls instead!

Extra:
Be sure to buy a Gym Bag as well so that you don't loose these... I bought this one and was pleased: B0042SSYFY

2.0 out of 5 stars easy tear, January 11, 2012
This review is from: Champion Sports Rhino Skin Dodgeball Set (Sports)
These balls are better suited for 8 y.o. and younger. For older players the outer skin has no durability and the product should come with a patch kit. First game resulted in multiple tears to the outer skin. The older players would also like dodgeballs made of a denser material for faster throws. Consensus, these dodgeballs need improvements.

Champion Sports Rhino Skin Dodgeball Set