Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on August 27, 2013
I read other reviews for these and other parents said these shin guards were great for their 4, 5, and 6 year olds. My son is 6 and I also have an 8 year old and I would NEVER put these on my kids during a game, not to mention my league wouldn't allow it (double checked since I'm also a coach). The socks are nice and would help with kids who sweat a lot. However, the actual guard is very flimsy and soft. I can bend it easily and it's not that thick. At practice I require my team to wear shin guards so they know how it'll feel during the game to wear them and I think these are perfect for practice - ONLY. When kids are in full focus mode during the games they tend to kick harder and these shin guards would not quite cut it, as opposed to a good pair of shin guards with separate socks over. May I recommend purchasing a pair or two of these for practice and maybe to keep in the bag in case your kiddo forgets his/her regular shin guards. But as for regular game day shin guards, spend the extra money and get a good pair (from Adidas, Umbro or Nike) with some quality socks (Adidas makes really good sweat wicking socks in a variety of colors). I would also recommend (for the younger kids new to soccer) to get the shin guards with the ankle protection. You'll appreciate the money spent when your son/daughter gets kicked in the ankle or shin with cleats and the damage isn't as bad or he/she isn't crying as much. These shin guards just aren't going to provide that kind of protection.
11 comment| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 17, 2013
My girls just started playing soccer at 6 yrs old and they need to put on their soccer gear on their own since practice is after school. Initially, I purchased full shin guards and socks separately, following the advise of a seasoned soccer dad who said they provide more protection. But I quickly realized that it was too complicated for the kids and they spent more time putting the gear on than playing. The separate shin guard is better for Game Day. The guard is thicker, longer and has a built in ankle guard as well. But for Practice Days... THIS IS PERFECT. The kids can easily put them on in one motion. We practiced at home a few times so they knew not to slide their foot into the shin guard pocket and they are now pros. After use, slide the guard out, wash the socks, and reinsert guards for the next use. We also purchased "Lock Laces" for their soccer shoes which I also highly recommend for little ones that cant tie their shoes yet. These shin guards have made soccer practice easy and fun. More play time, less prep time! by the way, my kids wear size 13 and size 1 shoe, the 4-6 size is perfect.
on March 19, 2012
I ordered a pair of these for my 4 yr son for soccer. I had read a review that said the foot was a little big, and thought it would be OK since he would have shin guards on. I was wrong. The foot is very big at least for my son which mad the sock bunch in his shoe and caused it to feel funny. I returned these without any problems.

PRO:
The item itself is made good.
No problem returning it

CON:
Foot is way to big and would not fit my 4yr sons size 9 foot.
on October 18, 2015
I got these for my four year old and I'm very pleased with them. He's four and a half and they fit perfectly, but he wears a size 12, which might be a bit big for the average 4 year old.

I love that they are basically socks with a pocket for the shin guards to slid in and out of. They are easy for him to put on, easy to wash and I like the black color with white stripes.

Some reviewers have noted that the pads are not strong enough for serious play, but they are perfect for our needs. It's true that they're not the most heavy duty of shin guards and if a full grown man kicked him while wearing cleats, I imagine he'd feel it the next day. However, we're talking about indoor soccer for 4-6 year olds here and in a season and a half, they have protected him well with no complaints.
on March 15, 2012
These fit well, were easy to clean, and looked great with the soccer uniform. All over a super win! I bought 2 pairs to trade off, but since they were so easy to wash and our games were just once a week one pair washed every week would have been fine for my 4yo. I would definitely recommend these for pee wee soccer!
on June 8, 2013
My daughter is 6 and is petite and this fits well. My son has the same ones in white for an extra season (he's an average size 6 year old).

They have lasted through 2 seasons of soccer, so washings 2X a week for 12 weeks. The shin guards stay in place well.

The only thing I don't like about them is that it's very hard for the kids to put the shin guards in themselves, so it definitely requires parental help in getting ready.
on August 5, 2015
I got 2 pairs of these thin guards in black a couple of years ago for my then 6 old son. They were OK except the sewing were not the best. Since he only went to soccer camp in summer, these shin guards worked for the couple of weeks. This June I reordered a larger pair in white for change. He did not use them until the end of July. I had to sewed extensively cause the threads were really hanging/sticking out every where. The inner pockets that hold the shin guards were almost off after 3rd wash. I had to sew them manually that cost me a hour. This week is the second week my son at soccer camp, both foam cushion inside the plastic guards are peeling off or broken. What a junk sold by Amazon.
on February 15, 2016
These Champion Sports Youth Sock Style Soccer Shin Guards worked great for my 6 year old son. They stayed in place and fit just right. The quality seems great and my son really liked them and thought they were comfortable. They are durable and held up well through 2 soccer seasons. I think they're a great product at a reasonable price. I was happy with the purchase and would buy again.
on February 9, 2016
When I opened the bag I thought I had the wrong size. I did not realise how much stretch these socks had in them. They fit perfectly and he loves them. And most importantly, the stretch did not compromise the thickness or comfort of the socks.
on January 5, 2015
Bought these for my 4-year-old son. He refused to wear the separate shin guards and soccer socks I bought previously but he loves these. He wears shoe size 12/13 and they fit him well with some room for growth. They are not easy to put on but no tall socks are easy to put on a kid. The pads remove for washing and are relatively easy to put back in. After one washing they are a little pilled so I doubt they'll last forever but they should work perfectly for his soccer league.