Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Champion Men's Powertrain Performance T-Shirt
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on July 5, 2013
I got the "Team Blue Heather" one, this one certainly does its job in drying quickly while running, I'll give it that. I've bought several other Champion shirts in the past that had "Double Dry" printed on the back label (and those were pretty good, four/five star), this one says "Powertrain" and is a bit thinner and weaker around the neck (while it has a back grey neckline protector like the other shirts, it doesn't seem as strong and so I suspect the neckline might get worn out faster than the others.) But I'm confused though, I ordered another shirt labelled "Powertrain" (orange color) and it looks just as good/strong as the other "Double Dry" ones I have.

The large-size shirt I ordered seems larger than average, so if you're unsure if you need a medium or a large I would go with the former. (I'm 5 ft. 8 inches, medium build, roughly 170 lbs.) If I had to order again, I would choose a medium myself.
on July 13, 2014
A standard sports shirt at a cheap price. Wicks moisture and dries well, like night and day versus a cotton shirt. On hot and muggy days during the Minnesota summer I prefer these to cotton shirts even if I'm not doing anything active. It's much lighter, more comfortable, and stays dry.

The shirt appears and feels well made. It's just right in thickness for warmer temperaturs. When bike riding on cooler nights I usually supplement more layers as this material gives up heat more readily than cotton. On hotter days however it's a must! Wouldn't recommend throwing these in the drier, but they dry so quickly that hang drying doesn't take much longer anyway.

Pros:
- Lightweight
- Wicks moisture well
- Dries quickly
- Very comfortable

Cons:
- May be too thin for cooler temperatures
on June 15, 2013
I have found these to be one of the best shirts for workouts. fit and durability are excellent. i have been using for a number of years and have yet to have a shirt need to be tossed out. pretty good color selection. good value for the price.
on May 30, 2014
I started with two in military green (dark olive) , Black heather is dark, near black charcoal (not really a heather), I now have several in various colors (Got the Purple heather to wear under throwback Diamond Backs Jersey - pretty close match) These have become my go-to shirt, very comfortable, super light & extremely breathable, lighter than name brand "Clima-cool" fabric but not quite "see through", true to size for me, (I'm 6'1 200Lb, XL is just right with a little room - not baggy & long) Just wish there were more color selections in my size. Had for 6 weeks, several washes now, looks like it will hold up for a while.
on November 15, 2014
id say probably the best thing about these so far is that they dont retain the musty smell that most other workout shirts do. we will see later as ive only worn these a couple times per week--one wash or a handwash even usually does the trick. fits nicely when buying a size up from my normal XL--nice n loose bu not too HUGE
on October 20, 2014
I got the black Heathered in size small. I am 5'7"/ 122 lbs. It fits very well and I like the style with the ridges on the shoulders and sleeves. Sort of like veins popping out. My shirt came with some permanent wrinkles on a sleeve and overall the shirt does not have a smooth finish like the equivalent gym shirt by Under Armour or Nike.

Unlike the bright and bold logos on Under Armour clothing, this Champion gym shirt has subdued logos that don't make you a walking billboard for product advertising.
on February 13, 2016
I bought a handful of these Powertrain Performance shirts a couple of weeks ago, and I really wanted to like them. I am a fan of champion moisture wicking socks and underwear, and I fully endorse their performance stretch boxer briefs. Champion Men's 2-Pack Performance Stretch Boxer Brief, Black/Deep Ocean, X-Large.

However, these shirts are not durable at all. On the first day of wear with the first shirt, I developed two full-on snags and three runs that will become snags. I have attached a couple of pictures for reference.

Champion Powertrain is not a fabric that is ready for primetime. Spend a bit more for Nike Dri-Fit or Under Armor.
review image review image
on July 12, 2014
I was in the process of replacing my Champion brand shirts in a similar style and I'm a bit picky. I like a loose, relaxed fit for work and everyday wear. These fit the bill perfectly. I'm a XL to XXL and I ordered the XL based on other reviews. These fit nice and loose. They work perfect for keeping the sweat off the body.
on February 16, 2016
My husband rides long distances on an indoor recumbent bike. He was disappointed that this shirt did not have as much wicking power as some other shirts he owns. For running or biking outdoors, they're probably fine, as air movement will probably help with wicking. But for indoor exercise, where you're staying stationary, not so much. Or, at least, not if you tend to sweat copiously. For milder perspirers, it might be perfectly fine.
on March 1, 2015
Got this shirt for my husband for his Birthday...he loves these shirts as easy to care for and comfortable. We live in the desert so it is usually hot here and he has a business where he is always on the go. These wash well, and come out looking fantastic, and have had no problems with staining, and wearing out quickly. I am impressed and will keep ordering more for him, will order some of the different colors, as he has most of the basics. Thanks for a great product that stands up to the stress my husband puts these through!