4.0 out of 5 stars Low to Medium Impact Sports Bra

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Construction Sports Bra
Published on January 4, 2012 by T. Gitt

4.0 out of 5 stars Low to Medium Impact Sports Bra, October 26, 2011
Nae24 (Grand Forks, ND) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Champion Women's Sport Comfort Full Support Sports Bra (Apparel)
I used to hate exercise, but now I do it on a routine basis just to keep my sanity in this chaotic world. Along with free-weights lifting, I incorporate running, spinning, and step aerobics classes into my workout regimen. However, having a 38D chest makes all of the above a bit of a challenge with regard to comfort. Additionally, Im not a huge fan of giving people an eyeful when hitting the treadmill, if you know what I mean. Therefore, I have to make sure I have the right sports bra in my clothing arsenal.

I was a big fan of the Victoria's Secret VSX Bra, until they were discontinued and my world came crashing down. Ever since, I've been on the quest for a replacement sports bra. I recently purchased the Champion Women's Sport Comfort Full Support Bra from Amazon; here are my thoughts:

Pros-
Great, vibrant colors.
Full coverage; I dont need "sexy" cleavage at the gym, just sayin!
Wide padded straps; no digging into shoulders.
Easy to put on and adjust; just like putting on a regular bra.

Cons-
Doesnt wick moisture to its full potential; gets just a tish wet around the waistband.
Was really hoping for zero bounce; living in a dream world I suppose.

Overall, I'm pleased with this sports bra and probably pick up another as it's trumped everything else I've found on the market to this point. Think it will be good for weight lifting, spinning, and elliptical work. Will have to see how it holds up in step class and on the treadmill though.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Construction Sports Bra, January 4, 2012
I have bought several Champion sports bras in the past and was excited to try this one out. I bought it in black and pink. But I am so disappointed with the product and plan to send Champion an email as well. The stitching that makes the "v" in the middle is extremely coarse and causes irritation on the chest. Champion should know better than to put seams in such sensitive areas. I tried washing them in the hopes that the irritation would disappear, but it didn't. And to make matters worse, the pink version, bled onto my tank top during my last workout (after 2 washes). I never write bad reviews, but if I had read about these issues (particularly about the stitching) I would have thought twice before buying them. I also don't know if they're the most supportive bras I've purchased from Champion, but at this point I don't really care.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, July 29, 2011
As advertised this bra is all about comfort. The straps are nice and padded, so far nothing chafed or irritated while exercising. Support was good enough for a wire-free style. What I didn't expect was how short the adjustment you get for the bra straps. I like being able to adjust the straps, say tighter when needed. So wish there was a longer strap for adjustment. And one more thing that stopped me giving it 5 stars, maybe it's the fabric, but when I sweat buckets, I really feel the bra's soaked through and it tends to get cold. Maybe the wicking's just not that ideal. I love Champion bras, it's pretty much the only brand I use, but this one falls just that bit short for me. It's still a good bra though. It's comfy and I would definitely be using it when I work out, and I'm a gym rat. But this could still be improved upon.

1.0 out of 5 stars awful bra., July 28, 2011
I have other Champion bras in a size 38DD, but the band size on this bra is WAY too small, and it takes 5 minutes to fasten it. It also smashes your breasts together, creating additional sweat, and is less supportive and causes more bouncing than any of my regular bras. I'm definitely returning it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Itchy itchy itchy itchy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, May 29, 2012
I hate, hate, HATE this bra.
I washed it as soon as I got it. So that it would feel nice and soft and not itchy.
The first time I wore it, I itched terribly.
So I washed it. Twice. With fabric softener.
The second time I wore it, I itched terribly.
So I washed it. With every single load of laundry I did for about 2 weeks.
The third time I wore it, I itched terribly.
So I threw it out.

It fit nicely, the color was adorable, but it made my knockers (yes, I did just refer to my breasts as my knockers) itch so badly that I wanted to cry. I'm sure everyone else at the gym thought I was insane.

Please, do yourself a favor and don't buy this bra. If you feel that you must buy this bra, you can try a cheap trial run. Take a sports bra that you own that fits you well and has excellent support. Line the inside of it with fine grade sandpaper. Put it on. Find a mound of fire ants. Catch as many of them as you can. Put them in your bra.
If you enjoy how that feels, than this is the bra for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ready for my half marathon, September 13, 2011
Mrs Hig "seabeewife" (wherever we get stationed) - See all my reviews
Bought this recently to train for and run my half maraton this weekend. I also have a MC Fiona that has been fabulous. I think this provides equal or perhaps slightly better protection than the Fiona. As a DD cup, it is nearly impossible to have zero bounce unles perhaps one uses duct tape, but this bra does a really good job ensuring that things stay relatively stable and there is no disccomfort before, during or after a run. This is truly a high impact product.

Pros
No front adjustment/velcro strap/chafe potential like Fiona
Band doesn't seem to roll at the bottom like Fiona
Cons
As a nursing mom, I like the front opening when I go to the gym and nurse baby to sleep just before working out, so she sleeps through
Color says sport blue, but it is purple, not blue. Since I don't plan on wearing it uncovered, color isn't a big deal, but it is purple, not blue.

Overall, I prefer this to the Fiona, and I think it might just be the perfect running bra for ME!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, January 4, 2013
I have purchased MANY Champion sports bras in the past, but this one was really a disappointment!!! Actually ordered a size larger than normal, and it fit like 6 sizes too small!!! I don't know who's doing the sizing, but this one actually measured 34" not 42"!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good support, but not terribly stylish, June 27, 2012
This bra definitely supports "the girls" - 34D - while running. It's comfortable and has washed up nicely thus far. My only real complaint is that the out line of the soft cups are very defined so they can be seen through thin exercise tops. It's more of a stylistic issue, nothing more. Overall it's a decent choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, July 31, 2011
Just had a baby and I find myself in a 38DDD this is the bra that got me back out running. Getting more to convert into nursing bras as there are no nursing bras in my size that fit and support.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a bigger cup size, January 7, 2014
I run a lot and I'm top heavy. It's always a trial to find sports bras at regular stores when you're in the D - DD category and running likes to toss those melons like salad...really heavy salad. But, I tried on this bra at Kohls and was surprised when the 36D fit extremely comfortably. Ordinarily I'd need a 36DD (although I might've lost some weight so I wouldn't get a size smaller until you've tried one on), but they only had the one left and I really liked the look of it so I tried it on.

My favorite thing about this bra is that the band actually stays firmly against my ribs and doesn't end up tucked underneath, which is something I struggle with all the time when running or engaging in any kind of physical activity. It has excellent support without merely crushing you and it looks nice on too (as told by my boyfriend). Also, the straps flare out, which reduces the strain on my shoulders and neck area and anyone with larger breasts can probably appreciate relief from that.

So, if you're a woman with a larger bust size I'd highly recommend at least trying one of these. Everyone is different, even when size is relatively the same, so there's no guarantee that it will work as well for you as it has for me, but I was so impressed with mine that I ordered two more in different colors.

As to negative revews for this product, I haven't had any problem with comfort. It's the most comfortable bra I've ever run in so if it's sized right it shouldn't cause discomfort or chafing. If a 4 mile run doesn't bring out the defects, I don't know what will. As for colors bleeding onto my clothes, I haven't owned it long enough to test this, but my running clothes are usually quite dark so I wouldn't see it anyway. However, I wouldn't stop using it even if I knew for certain the colors would bleed because it's just too good not to use for someone who has struggled to find the right fit in a sports bra.

Champion Women's Sport Comfort Full Support Sports Bra