4.0 out of 5 stars Low to Medium Impact Sports Bra
I used to hate exercise, but now I do it on a routine basis just to keep my sanity in this chaotic world. Along with free-weights lifting, I incorporate running, spinning, and step aerobics classes into my workout regimen. However, having a 38D chest makes all of the above a bit of a challenge with regard to comfort. Additionally, Im not a huge fan of giving people an...
Published on October 26, 2011 by Nae24

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Construction Sports Bra
I have bought several Champion sports bras in the past and was excited to try this one out. I bought it in black and pink. But I am so disappointed with the product and plan to send Champion an email as well. The stitching that makes the "v" in the middle is extremely coarse and causes irritation on the chest. Champion should know better than to put seams in such...
Published on January 4, 2012 by T. Gitt

‹ Previous | 15 6 753 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I own two of these - love 'em!, August 23, 2013
This review is from: Champion Women's Spot Comfort Full Support Sports Bra (Apparel)
If horses sweat, men perspire and women only glow... I'm a pig - that's how badly I sweat when I run! I've tried sports bras which you have to pull over your head and have come close to taking a pair of scissors to them to get them off, so the ONLY sports bras I'll even consider are fronts with zippers or backs with hooks. I go for compression and support because, even though I'm not well-endowed (I'm average), I can't stand bouncing around. Being in my 50s and having nursed a baby, the girls aren't as firm and perky as they once were. I'm an in-between size, too, wearing either a 36C or a 38B in daily wear bras, depending on the manufacturer.

I found a solution to each of my concerns in the Spot Comfort bra.

PROS:
+I can get it on and, more importantly after getting drenched with sweat, off without problems.
+The compression keeps me from bouncing.
+The shoulder straps are wide enough that they don't dig in.
+I found a size which is snug enough without giving me "fat back" (which isn't comfortable to me).

An additional plus are the wonderful color choices in this particular style. I started running wearing only black - bras and shorts. "Black makes you look slimmer" women have heard for years. No doubt it does; it's also the color worn to funerals. When I turned 50 I decided I'm neither dead nor dying, and in fact more alive than ever when I run, so from now on it's only colors - the wilder, the better. I've got one in black (the first one I bought before I went color crazy), and one in Fiji/Mai Tai pink.

CONS:
-A little bit of the nipple headlight look if you choose not to wear a shirt over your bra. (I don't in the summer because even tech shirts wrap around me like a squid when they get sweat drenched). I'm a bit self-conscious about it when I see race photos, but only a little. Nobody looks like a homecoming queen or king while running.
-I've noticed in the heat of summer or in high humidity when I sweat more that I get a bit of chafing on my left ribcage - it's smaller than a raisin though, and nothing a waterproof Band-Aid, Body Glide or moleskin can't solve. I don't notice it in winter.
-When sweat-drenched, the color runs as the fabric drip-dries after I remove the bra. I've not noticed color on me while I'm wearing it, though, so the wicking does its job.

Some have cited the stitching joining the panel to the cups as a source of irritation. Initially I had a bit of chafing in the middle where everything joined, but it was only on my first bra, and washing/wearing has softened it so that it's no longer an issue for me. I used a waterproof Band-Aid to deal with it while it lasted.

Final note: I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you visit a local sportswear store to try on various sports bras to determine if the fit, support and comfort suit you. Because of my sizing issues and downright pickiness, I would not purchase online without having tried one on in person. I ended up with a 36C in this sports bra, having tried on various sizes at a store, and purchasing on site; the second one I ordered online.

4.0 out of 5 stars very supportive, July 23, 2013
The item fit very snug which is what I wanted but this was a little too snug. But over all It is very supportive for high impact excersize! Happy with the item.

3.0 out of 5 stars Plastic Clips :(, June 13, 2013
I LOVED this bra and got at least a month wear out of it. But one hot sweaty day, I was pulling it on, and the plastic clip that connects the strap to the bra snapped! I was so disappointed. I had finally found a bra that I could jump rope in with my 40G sized boobs, and they put plastic clips on it. I still bought a replacement, but I think that is a huge design flaw. Plastic belongs no where NEAR boobs this heavy!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Sports bra I have ever purchased, May 21, 2013
This is seriously the best sports bra made for busty ladies! I have been through so many sports bras and never was able to find one that would comfortably support my 38 D size enough for running. I bought some up in the $75 range and they didn't workout half as good as this one. Comfortable, no chafing, controls bounce, and breaths. Seriously love this bra. Only piece of constructive criticism is that the pink color is more of a pepto bismal color than I was expecting from the pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, does seem to run a bit snug, April 26, 2013
Great bra for the price. Even given that sports bras should be snug, I think this one does seem to run a bit small. If you are on the fence, I would recco going up a bit on band or cup size.

5.0 out of 5 stars This bra was a savior!, April 17, 2013
I ordered this bra because I needed a good secure bra to excercise in. I ordered mines in 38 DDD because I cannot find a sports bra large enough in the stores. It is amazing if you are doing high impact cardio like jogging or Insanity. I will recommend this to any women that needs more support.

4.0 out of 5 stars Runs small, April 16, 2013
I gave this an average rating for now, because I had to send it back, however I had this bra a few years ago and liked it, which is why I ordered a new one. I ordered a 34DD, and the band didn't even come close to connecting up. I sent it back and ordered a 36DD, and my fingers are crossed that it won't also be too snug. I did notice that it looks like Champion is still stingy with strap length. Not sure why the manufacturer thinks our breasts are better off shoved up into out collar bones?

If the replacement fits, and the straps are long enough, I will probably improve my rating.

I updated the rating to 4 stars, after receiving the next size up. It is still snug, so I will wear it a few more weeks before deciding whether I need to go up one more band size. The straps are still short, but better.

1.0 out of 5 stars most uncomfortable sports bra ever!, April 8, 2013
This sports bra is not flattering and is very uncomfortable. The back strap hooks dig into your skin and make workouts miserable. The bra runs very small. There's no way I would be able to unhook the clasps and wear. I should have returned it when I had the chance!

5.0 out of 5 stars Maximum support, March 23, 2013
I am well endowed and normally have issues finding sports bras that either cover everything without overflowing or provide maximum support for high intensity workouts. I love this product. I can sprint, do my hardcore P90X workouts all without having to worry about my boobs. Best of all, I love the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars full coverage support at a great price, March 6, 2013
This sport bra is now my new favorite. I bought one at a sporting goods store the week prior to buying online and loved it. Complete coverage and good "bounce control" in a 40DD. I have not found one better. Washes perfectly. The material could be a little softer, but still the best so far. It does not have any padding, so there is a bit of show through. Again, still the best I have found so far.

‹ Previous | 15 6 753 | Next ›