Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Champion Women's Open Bottom Eco Fleece Sweatpant, Black, Medium
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: Medium|Color: Black|Change

on November 14, 2011
The other reviewers must not know what "fleece" fabric is. The term is used for sweatpant & sweatshirt material. These aren't pajamas. Fleece, when applied to clothing (non-pajama) items refers to a knitted exterior & a soft, brushed interior. These have the feel of well-made sweatpants, as you'd expect from Champion. As for length, I'm 5'7" and weigh about 118 and they are below the ankle but not under the heel--perfect length. I bought the small because I don't like baggy sweats. These fit snugly around the waist/stomach/butt/upper thigh area--not tightly; just right. I'd buy them even if they did feel a bit tight, because sweats stretch out over time.

They are "mid-rise", which means they don't reach your natural waist, but they're not so low you're spilling out over the top or feeling like you have to constantly pull them up. The waistband is not elasticized (which I like) but has a drawstring closure.

The one thing I never do with sweats (or t-shirts or knit dresses) is put them in the dryer after washing. I know from experience they will shrink. If you feel they're slightly large and long, then go ahead and put them in the dryer. I always wash them in warm water/cold rinse (like everything), then hang them up to dry. (Use fabric softener in the wash as they'll get static-y if you don't.)

Bottom line: they're well-made, nice-fitting, warm & comfortable. What else could you ask from a sweatpant?
1212 comments| 325 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 21, 2012
I'm 5'7 and typically run into problems w/ length of garments being too short. Reviews mentioned how long these are and I had to agree they were plenty long and I was all psyched to order at least one more pair. Then I washed and dried them. They shrunk several inches in length. They still "fit" but my ankles were exposed. Gave them to my 5'4" daughter. BTW, personally,this kind of comfy leisure clothing shouldn't need special washing care. I noticed that it is acceptable to some shoppers to air dry to prevent shrinkage. But again, that's my personal choice not to treat sweats with TLC.
55 comments| 188 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2012
I love these pants. The color is very pretty, they are long enough I'm 5'8" 140# and got a large. They have held up great through repeated washings.

The only con is I wish they had pockets but it's not a big deal
on July 26, 2012
I'm 5'6 and a half inches and weigh 130 pounds. My hips are 36, waist size is 28. I ordered size small. The fit is perfect, a bit snug not baggy. Just the right amount of fleece lining, not too thick but enough to feel soft and comfortable. The length was just right with shoes. Mine didn't shrink after washing. The shade of gray is nice (Oxford gray), not too dark just like the photo. The pant holds its shape after wear and washing. I like that it's higher waisted and not low cut. I re-order new ones after a year of wear.
on March 7, 2013
These light grey cotton/poly blend fleece sweats are marketed as an ecological choice due to supersoft fabric made of recycled fibers. In my opinion, the fabric isn't all that soft, but it is comfortable. I'm not certain what recycled fiber means.

I usually wash clothing in cold water and dry on a low setting. I'm 5'7", so after reading the reviews about shrinkage, the first time I took them out of the dryer, I really stretched out the legs. As it turns out, I didn't need to pull that hard. They were longer than when they were new. The second time, I just gave each leg a tug, which is all it needed to restore the length. As long as I don't over dry them, I can restore the length by pulling on the legs.

The mid rise is very comfortable for me. When I first put them on, these sweats fit flat and snug but not tight across tummy and hips. They don't stretch out a whole lot, and they don't bag much at all. They don't pill much. These aren't my most comfortable sweats, but they're my favorite for travelling because I can wear them more than once. I don't have many curves, so while this style is flattering for me, I don't know if a curvier woman would like them as much.

The granite heather is another matter. The fit was a little looser and initially the fabric had a soft, smooth feel to it. It has a significantly higher polyester content. Immediately it started to PILL. By the end of the first day, the front down to my knees was so densely pilled that the fabric looked absolutely awful and even felt unpleasant to touch. I never saw anything like it. I got rid of them.

Update 4/21/2016: The Oxford grey still look good. If I over dry them, the legs still shrink, but I can still tug them long enough to be seen in public. As mentioned above, the granite heather went in the rag bag after the first wearing.
VINE VOICEon October 22, 2013
I read the reviews that said these pants would shrink, so I did not put them in the dryer. They were perfect length when I got them, but shrunk at least an inch or two just from being washed in warm/cold water. I dried them over the shower rod. Now they are too short. But they are still comfortable and warm. I hope they don't keep shrinking.

Edit: They kept shrinking. Now down to one star. Not for tall people, unless you like cold ankles. They're too warm for summer, so I'm not sure if I will keep them.

Edit: I sent them back.
VINE VOICEon November 3, 2011
I was expecting these to be all soft and fleecy all over for running in the colder months - really these are just nice sweatpants. They have the look and feel of sweats, but are thicker and lined inside with a warmer fleece. I'm hoping they're shrink a little in the wash as they're a little long and I'm afraid I might trip. Still, they're a great price right now, and are a good, warm alternative to walking around in cute (but thin) little yoga pants - you can have the warmth of sweats w/o looking like a bum.
33 comments| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 13, 2013
I purchased two pairs both size small and both black. Tried them on before washing in cold and liked the fit. I dried 5 mins then hung to dry rest of the way. One pair really shrunk in length (a good 1 1/2"), the other pair about 1/2". The waist on both shrunk alot as well. One pair still looks dark black the other is off black almost dark gray. We'll see if they can be returned---very disappointing!
on March 20, 2014
I absolutely LOVE these pants! They are soft, heavyweight, and fit perfect (I am about 5'-4" and weigh somewhere in the neighborhood of 160 pounds, with a "densely packed" type of build, and I ordered a "large"). When I first got them, they were, as other reviewers stated, very long on me, and I was worried that I would not be able to wear them. However, after throwing them in the wash and the dryer, they shrunk in length to where the bottoms of them just hit the ground when I had my running shoes on. I have washed them a couple of times since, and they didn't continue to shrink, which I was a little concerned about. The waistband is wide and thick enough to have it's own stability (no rolling or other issues), and it hits just a smidge under my belly button, which is really comfortable. I have another pair of pants similar in style to these by another manufacturer, and they have a tendency to stretch over the course of a day, so I find myself having to constantly pull them up. That is not a problem with these pants - they have just enough "give" to be comfortable, but not so much that they stretch. I can wear them all day and then go for a run in them in the evening, and I never once have to pull them up, even when pounding the pavement. I like them so much that I ordered four more pairs, lol.
on November 4, 2013
These are nice heavy weight fabric that will be very cozy for winter. I was concerned about size because I am a pant size 10 and sometimes Large is more of a 12 but these fit me perfectly. So for some people these might run a little small especially if you like your sweats more loose than fitted.