Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Size: Large|Color: Granite Heather|Change

on December 10, 2011
(Update: Fabric pills very quickly, and after only two washes (and dryer) the pants look worn and like they've been used much longer then they have. Also, the little metal rivets that go around the hole where the drawstring comes out have already come out of the pants, so there is now nothing to keep the hole from fraying.)
I like these pants because they are comfortable, not too expensive, and I just really needed a pair of sweatpants, but there are some definite negatives about these pants.
Pros:
Moderately thick, soft material. waistband lays flat not bunchy and thick like some men's pants. Not tight or cut small like a lot of women's pants are. comfortable. Washed hot and put in dryer and they are still loose not tight. Moderately priced. The rise (crotch to waist) is a good length.
Cons:
Cut is weird. They are by no means small sized, They give extra room and are loose, but in a weird way. The waist band is not really elasticized so unless you tie it it will sag lower on your hips, but the tie is not stretchy and is very thick, so unless you are wearing a big sweatshirt you will see this big lump underneath your t-shirt. Even though the pants are loose, the cut is a form-fitting type of cut (smaller around but/hips), not an athletic pants cut, and on my body, not flattering at all. The elasticized cuffs are not small enough. I am 5'6 and if I am not wearing shoes they end up tucked under my heel-very annoying. With shoes on (mine are big/clunky) they are perfect length.
11 comment|80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2014
Five stars on product, no pilling. 2 stars for Amazon on this product information. Bought for my lovely wife, she was puzzled as to why some fit and some did not after washing. In about 2 minutes I found the following on Champions website, had Amazon bothered to check they'd realize they are not all 80/20. Now I know for future. BODY: 9.5-oz. heavyweight fleece. Blk: 80% cotton/20% poly. Oxford Grey: 75% cotton/25% poly. Granite Heather: 52% cotton/48% poly. Heathered Color: 50% cotton/50% poly. RIB TRIM: Blk: cotton/spandex. Oxford, Granite & Color Heathers: cotton/poly/spandex
0Comment|88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 5, 2011
The fabric from which these sweatpants are constructed is perfectly adequate. The cut is merely okay. The closure at the ankles is much, much too wide. And THERE ARE NO POCKETS! Why not? Why is it so hard to find decent, traditional, athletic sweatpants for women? I see sweatpants for men in the catalogs and online that look great but these by Champion appear to be about as good as it gets for women. Well, they're not so great. But I guess they'll have to do because there is virtually no competition. Come on, someone, (Champion, are you listening?) make sweatpants for women with pockets, truly "closed" bottoms, an athletic cut... PLEASE.
1111 comments|130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2012
Finally, a sweatpant made for women with curves! I'm 5'7", 150 lbs and have a 34" waist and 42" hips. These sweats, with their unusually high rise (11"), make me look a good 15lbs lighter! They are substantially and beautifully cut, and the close-fitting elaticized ankle completes the slimming design.

I noticed other reviewers complaining about the cut, the pocketlessness and the wide ankles. What?! These are streamlined fleeces! Also, these are thick and sturdy, and their 20% polyester content has created a shrink-resistant pant. Never thought I find a SWEAT PANT without bulk, with a perfect length, and with a bulge-free high waist. As Sheldon Cooper of The Big Bang Theory would say, "Bazinga!"

P.S. Almost exactly 2 years après-review, in response to several comments, let me say that I ordered a LARGE per my measurements above. Thanks for contributing to better SPECS in reviews!!
77 comments|70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 31, 2013
These sweat pants fit well, and they are very comfortable. However, the pants go upto the mid waist, so if you like low rise pants these may not be for you. Other than that I definitely recommend them!
on October 8, 2012
I'm 5'3 and these are too long. They seem comfortable just too long I'm hoping they come out with a petite size.
on February 22, 2014
I purchased a hoodie and sweatpants in a women's small. The hoodie could fit a 4 year old. The sweatpants turn sideways because the seems are all jacked up. Never again. Stay away from the sweatsuits. One star for the color. They got that right.
on November 11, 2013
1. The waist band was very well made and nice & wide. I do not expect it to roll or bind or the elastic to twist as in lesser garments.
2. The waist is soft & comfortable and, with the help of the drawstrings, completely adjustable to me.
3. The crotch is loose but not too much so these pants are good for all many of activities.
4. Warm but breathable fabric. It is high quality fabric with the right amount of give without sagging.
5. The lower leg openings are elasticized so they don't flop and if you're pointing the feet straight up, the pant leg does not slide down to your knees. Legs stay put. They don't flop when you run. The elastic is comfortable and not too tight...just right.
Love these pants which are fast becoming my favorites. Maybe I should have bought two!
on November 21, 2012
I didn't know this pair of sweats were going to come out really short. I am 5'10 they are extremely short for me. I didn't have the time to take them back so I decided to gives them to my sister which is shorter then me. But the material is real nice and warm.
on October 30, 2011
Decent quality pants, moderate thickness. If they had pants with shorter inseams it would have been nice. I figured that because they had elastic bottoms they would work. The elastic bottoms are extremely large, so I wouldn't call them "closed bottom". Even with the elastic at the top of my sneakers they pants still touch the ground. Will have to hem them...