5.0 out of 5 stars Great sports bra, if you are willing to take the time to find the right size.
If you are considering this bra, you are probably one of many women endowed with large breasts, who has had to wear two bras before for the "support" during exercise. And they probably did not help very much except to have flabs showing through sports tops...Well, you get the point.
As far as I know, for the given price, this is the best available bra out there for...
Published on August 11, 2009 by serious runner

2.0 out of 5 stars Just ok...Powersleek is better
I bought my Powerback at the same time as I got the Powersleeks. The Powersleek is definitely superior for bounce control. Because I run sometimes (in addition to cardio kickboxing and other bouncy stuff), that's my top concern with a sports bra--it HAS to control bounce! And at 36C, I can't afford to let the girls loose once in a while.

Pros: It's OK for low-...
Published on January 2, 2010 by Holly Wells

‹ Previous | 1 2 384 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good support, hard to clasp in back, August 13, 2008
Lindsay Bluth (Pittsburgh, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This is a great bra; good padding underneath the wires so you'll never pinch, yet the wires provide fantastic support. The straps are wide and comfortable; the cups soft and enscapulating. However, it always takes me a minue to clasp the back of the bra - since you pull it over your head, then have to clasp the back with the bra in position. It wouldn't stop me from buying more in the future, however, since it seems to be the best engineering besides the Enell bra, which looks like a straightjacket.

2.0 out of 5 stars The bra runs a size smaller, January 27, 2009
This review is from: Champion Women's Powerback Under Wire Sports Bra (Apparel)
I purchase a 36 DD and couldn't close the back. Cups size are not larger enough. Get a size up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hook before putting on, no problems! Great support and shaping., April 18, 2012
This review is from: Champion Women's Powerback Under Wire Sports Bra (Apparel)
I have 4 of these at home, and just ordered more. They are very supportive, and yet still give me a rounded shape, not smashed flat. As a larger busted woman, I wear these a lot, not just for working out. They are fairly comfortable if you order up a size (they run a bit small).

As for all the people who have a hard time putting them on, I found the trick:

1) fasten the hooks first !!
2) put the bra on over your head, with your arms through the shoulder straps just like a solid sports top/bra
3) tuck your breasts one at a time into the cups as the way to get the band down into place

Works like a charm and eliminates the need to hook it behind your back or twist it around (ouch), or struggle to get your arms through the straps and up over your shoulders.

You have to put it on over your head anyway, and leaving it unhooked really does not give you much extra room. Hooking it first is the way to go.

To take the bra off, you can unhook it first if you can reach the hooks in back. Otherwise, just take it off hooked also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a running bra that delivers!, June 25, 2008
Raven "running mom" (Metropolis, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Champion Women's Powerback Under Wire Sports Bra (Apparel)
I had just about given up trying to find the perfect running bra for an avid 36DD runner. Then I found this Champion bra. I am hooked! Finally, a sports bra that works! This Champion sports bra is awesome! I found it ran true to size and was not hard to put on or take off at all. Everything stays put when I run and you don't get that smooshed look that other running bras for gals my size get. I own two of the powerback and two other Champion sports bras with over the shoulder straps. All four have underwire in them and you don't even notice it's there. The MCR factor is a major plus! Champion states that for D & DD cup sizes this bra has a High MCR factor, but I think it has a Max MCR factor. I will definitely be buying more of this and other Max MCR Champion bras!

5.0 out of 5 stars Avid runner LOVES this bra!, October 6, 2009
As a full figured woman (size 38DD) it is hard to find a comfortable sports bra that also looks good and WORKS! This does all. This is the only bra I use now and I run 5 times a week, training for a marathon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Workout Bra!, February 13, 2008
A. Cooper (Auburn, WA USA) - See all my reviews
Finally, a workout bra that works! Before, I usually had to wear two bras. Its comforatable, doesn't rub the skin raw and keeps everything in place. I would definitely recommend this bra to anyone, especially larger breasted women. One thing, it is a little difficult to get on. I bought one just to see if it'd work, but I am now going to get a couple more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Sports Bra I've Found!, April 18, 2010
This review is from: Champion Women's Powerback Under Wire Sports Bra (Apparel)
I'm a 36D and while the fit is snug, compression is totally what you need when you're a runner. Even after 6 1/2 miles, this bra keeps me pretty comfortable and as bounce-free as I've ever get. I don't have any problem getting it on any moreso than other t-back bras. The color choice is great and the separation of the boobs is great! The fabric is breathable and I have never gotten chafing from running in this bra, unlike the more expensive Donna Karan bras I've tried.

I accidentally ordered the non-underwire and don't make that mistake if you are looking for high-impact. It's nowhere near as great as the underwire bra.

1.0 out of 5 stars Chafes, not comfortable, July 29, 2009
This review is from: Champion Women's Powerback Under Wire Sports Bra (Apparel)
I went for a 5 mile run and felt the top of the underwires digging into the center of my chest. After my workout, I was appalled to find that my skin was chafed and bruised in that spot (never happened with a sports bra!).

It's otherwise true to size--wider in the band than I'd expected (I'm between band sizes, so I ordered up) and supportive, just that I've never used the bra again, since there's still a dark mark where the underwire wore at my skin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Sports Bra, May 10, 2010
J. Brennan (Dallas, Texas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Champion Women's Powerback Under Wire Sports Bra (Apparel)
This is by far the best sports bra available for women with a large cup size (I don't know how to tactfully word that :) This bra is not for lounging around, but rather for high impact workouts - running, cardio, etc.

The underwire with the mesh overlay and razerback crossed style in the back provides exceptional support and compression. I have tried other sports bras designed for large cup sizes and was generally underwhelmed by the support. If you've never work a cross-strapped razerback styler sports bra before I would highly recommend it.

I also LOVE LOVE LOVE that the straps are adjustable (unlike an enell). If you feel you are not getting enough support in the vertical lift then you can adjust the straps to make fit tighter.

The bra is a challenge to get into and out of because the bra is very fitted and basically a complete unit except for the bottom hook in the back, which is below the razerback straps. While initially you may feel like a contortionist, I now can get it on and off without issue.

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to put on and take off, June 10, 2010
This review is from: Champion Women's Powerback Under Wire Sports Bra (Apparel)
This bra is way too difficult to put on and to take off. I had to have my hubby help me put it on to workout and I also had to have his help to take the bra off. I purchased the 32D and but really needed a 28 or 30 band size but Champion doesn't carry smaller band sizes. I also had to take the underwires out of the bra as they were uncomfortable. Once you are able to get it on and take the underwires out of the bra, it is pretty comfortable and sturdy so I gave it 3 stars for being comfortable and sturdy. If my husband or no one else is around to help me put the bra on or take it off on the days I want to work out, it is just too much trouble so I have to find another workout bra to wear that those days.

I'll keep looking for another good workout bra.

‹ Previous | 1 2 384 | Next ›