If you are considering this bra, you are probably one of many women endowed with large breasts, who has had to wear two bras before for the "support" during exercise. And they probably did not help very much except to have flabs showing through sports tops...Well, you get the point.
Published on August 11, 2009 by serious runner

2.0 out of 5 stars Just ok...Powersleek is better
I bought my Powerback at the same time as I got the Powersleeks. The Powersleek is definitely superior for bounce control. Because I run sometimes (in addition to cardio kickboxing and other bouncy stuff), that's my top concern with a sports bra--it HAS to control bounce! And at 36C, I can't afford to let the girls loose once in a while.

Pros: It's OK for low-...
Published on January 2, 2010 by Holly Wells

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sports bra, if you are willing to take the time to find the right size., August 11, 2009
As far as I know, for the given price, this is the best available bra out there for large breasted women (I am myself somewhere in the 34DDD range). I have two of these in 34DD, going to order my third one, and never had to find another type of bra. I have run 10-Ks and a half-marathon in these, and done various step and aerobic classes. The wide straps and the back support are super. Overall, this bra reduces bounce and gives good support. N.B: Champion notes that higher the bra size, lower the MCR. So, if you are getting D cups and 40-42C cups, you will get "High MCR" instead of "Max MCR". [...]

But if you want to make this bra work for you, here is what I did:
Once I saw this bra online, I simply went to my local running store (Roadrunner Sports in California) and tried it on. I made sure that it fit me more snug than usual so that even if it loosens up, it will still give me the support. I bought one in the store, and after loving it, bought one from Amazon. Trying it on in the store, even though you may not purchase it there is the key.
On to "cons" people have been writing about these bras:
1. Yes, you will have trouble putting it on at first. I just put in all the hooks first and put it on through my head like a t-shirt.
2. The underwire might feel uncomfortable as it stops just short of your armpit. But I have never had any serious injuries.
3. I find that sometimes after vigorous exercise, the bra feels constricting enough for me to want to remove it ASAP.
To me, these cons seem to hardly matter when you cannot exercise properly due to breast bounce, and have neck/backaches due to poor chest support. If you are unhappy with your current bras, do try it on once in a store and decide for yourself. Unless you get chafed/hurt like some of those other poor women, you will not regret this decision.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love this bra!, March 12, 2008
L. Rogers (Holbrook, ny United States) - See all my reviews
Ok, so once you figure out how to get the bra on you are on your way. I spin regularly, and it is a must have. I have tried every kind of sports bra out there and this by far is the best! It totally controls the bounce. I have it in both versions with and without the wire, and now find myself only wearing the wire one, even for weights and all because of how much control it has. Now, getting out of it the the next trick! My husband was watching me put it on, and he was crackin up!

4.0 out of 5 stars Racer back, runs small, December 3, 2007
Be sure you know this has a racer back, and it runs small. Also, it is difficult to get on, over the head, and to then fasten and unfasten. Once on, it is a great sports bra for large breasted women. It fits tightly and is very supportive. The black is nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best I've found.., September 11, 2008
For everyone looking for a true sports bra that will really do its job and be comfortable at the same time, this is it. I am a runner and have tried just about everything you can imagine; this one has surpassed all the others. It's hard to give you some input about size, except to say for me it ran true to what my measurements are; I know for other women they found it either ran too big or too small, so I think a lot of this has to do with your shape and how this bra is made. As for that, it's very sturdy, but soft and strong. I wear this and my "girls" stay right where they are supposed to and it is SO comfortable! No chafing, no bouncing, and it works great with wicking away moisture. Finally, this is not at all the dreaded "uni-boob" look. It has nice separation but not pointy like some others, and offers a very flattering fit under any workout gear. Yes, you will have to pull this over your head but it's not too difficult and worth the extra 15 seconds to get yourself all hooked up and in place. ;) After a long search, and trial and errors (also tried the Glamorise Sports bra but couldn't get the right fit and again, body shape and cup shape were factors) this one is a winner on all counts and there is not a single thing I could say against it. This bra is so comfortable I even wear it on my off days as well, but if you are doing anything high impact, your search is over!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bra for high-impact activities, November 3, 2007
I am usually a 36D, and my other sports bras are actually 36C, but in this bra I had to get a 36DD. Given my size, it's hard to find a really good sports bra, especially since I love high impact activities (Step, Kickboxing). This bra is quite a contraption that really minimizes bounce. For how this bra fits (it's snug, ladies!), I wouldn't bother wearing it for low impact activities (walking, weight lifting). The only thing I don't love about this bra is that the underwire goes a little too far under my arms (maybe b/c I had to get a bigger cupsize than usual?), which is a bit uncomfortable. But it's definitely not a deal breaker -- I have two of this bra!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great support, May 25, 2008
This is a great bra for me at the gym; it provides fantastic support for high impact exercise without the "uniboob" look. It does seem to size a little small; I'm normally a 36C and the 34D fits well. I do have to say it's an industrial bra! Sometimes it feels like body armor, but it is incredibly supportive - I couldn't bounce in this thing doing jumping jacks. :)

While it's not a fashion statement (doesn't fit under my racerback tanks like regular sports bras), it offers the best support of any sports bra I've ever owned without squishing me like a pancake.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very supportive and comfortable, October 3, 2007
Really comfortable and I like where the straps are positioned. I needed a T-Back sports bra for some of the tops I wear to the gym. This is definately the best T-back out there (Ive tried many). It won't lose it's stretch like some of the ones I've tried. Supportive enough to run in for my C cups.

2.0 out of 5 stars Just ok...Powersleek is better, January 2, 2010

Pros: It's OK for low- to mid-impact stuff, like regular step aerobics, elliptical, walking, or yoga. And it gives you enough separation that you look like a woman, not someone in an Elizabethan costume.

Cons: Just not enough support for the price. And the biggest PITA of all? Putting it on over my head! What good are back hooks if you have to hook them before you put the bra on? I never fail to catch the underwire somewhere on my head or neck and end up getting myself all tangled up in the stupid thing. If you have someone around to help you put your bra on before every workout, might not be an issue. For me, though, the Powerback is basically a bench warmer because it's such a PITA just to get it on. And it's even harder to take back OFF again if it's all sweaty and damp--you need the jaws of life to get you out of this thing.

Summary: If it's loose enough to get over your head, it's probably not tight enough to give adequate support for running. Well, that's *my* experience, anyway. Pass on this one, and get a bra you can hook normally.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Sports Bra I've Worn So Far, June 30, 2008
Kiss your uniboob and horrible sports bras goodbye! As soon as I put this on, I felt so great and wanted to go running immediately. It fits amazingly, it's soft and comfortable. Mine doesn't seem to run too small, or too big, my size 32D was just right. I instantly got online to purchase another one, just because finally, FINALLY, there's a bra that feels MAJESTIC on me. What a relief!! I never knew a sports bra could be this comfortable! I wish they came in more various colors-- why do D and up always get the short end of the stick when it comes to bra colors? Can't I get a fuschia sports bra? Or a teal? Or how about RED? If this ever came in red I'd buy all the 32Ds...

5.0 out of 5 stars This bra is amazing, April 7, 2008
This bra is an engineering breakthrough! I started Turbo Jam. (Not only is it a great workout it is a stress reliever) Because of my size, 38 C, I could not enjoy the high impact of the routine without fear of putting an eye out. This bra keeps everything in place and nothing moves. I highly recommend it. Plus it is very comfortable.

Rate and Discover Movies