Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Disturbed Storm Fire TV Stick Grocery Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Fire HD Kids Edition Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Chance cards for those of you who have purchased this game, do you get to make the chance and community chest cards like they have in the original monopoly?
asked by Becky Graziano on November 9, 2006
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
There are Good News and Bad News cards here instead. The problem I'm having is customizability. To explain, I got this product because I wanted to add personal Chance and C-Chest cards to my REAL monopoly games, as well as other changes. However, their template is very strict. Each card actually says Good News or Bad News in a header field. I replaced the word Good News with a custom "Kill the Cop Card!" and then wrote my instructions. Unfortunately, when I went to make my next card, "Fire in the Slums", I realized that the entire sheet of cards had either one headline or another. If I use their template, I will need to print a single page on card stock for each card!

Also, I had hoped to be able to import bmp or jpg images into the cards, but they are coded for text only. I am finding this a disappointing limitation as I may end up having to create my cards in another program entirely, which defeats the purpose of buying this product.
Art Franklin answered on February 10, 2007
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
1 person stated that they used Word to print out their cards and properties because the original program wouldn't print the colored bar codes.

Hope this helps,

Edie
Edie answered on November 15, 2007

A
I bought this for my students to use as part of a technical education class project. We were working on quality designs, and since we don't really have a "shop" environment, I went with this game & Rollercoaster Tycoon to simulate design situations. We discovered that you can add pictures, but you need to put them on a CD or other external, because the software doesn't allow you to access "My Pictures", and it was hard to get to the computer's hard drive. The game board doesn't have the same number of squares as a real Monopoly board. I have to say, I was really disappointed in this given the cost. I could have saved a lot of money by making my own template in a Microsoft Office product and printing it out. In later lessons around the same topics (it has proven very popular with all of my students with special needs!), I've used a template we downloaded from Microsoft @ Home magazine. We print the board on 11x17 card stock, and laminate. The game cards are made in Microsoft Word, and printed either on 2x4 shipping labels, then stuck on index cards, or on business card stock (depends on what was on sale at the office supply store when I go to buy materials). If I have budget money, I buy money, pawns & dice. Otherwise, we use items from another game.
MS answered on November 1, 2009

A
I wasn't impressed with this product for a variety of reasons (my old review is here someplace). For the Chance and Community Chest cards, just use a business card template. I don't own a Monopoly game any longer, so I can't compare the sizes. But if you're making your own game, it won't matter. Just buy orange and yellow card stock and use a template -- they print 10 to a page. Fonts to use: Freehand 521 or Fenway for the script and Helvetica Condensed Black for the text.
Diane C. Howard answered on April 27, 2015
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product