Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Change of Life
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: DVD|Change

on November 26, 2010
I really loved and enjoyed this film!!! You do not need to be gay or lesbian in order to relate or enjoy this film. It has an important theme which is all about acceptance of others and the negative consequences of hate and bigotry. This is a thought provoking film that everyone needs to see. Although this is mostly a serious drama the film did have some laughable moments that gave one little breaks from the serious heaviness. There were moments that did cause me to cry out of sadness and joy. Also, the acting was very good especially the acting of the man who played the bigoted minister main character. This film made me pause and think about my own life, my childhood and my relationship with my father. We all need to take a step back sometimes and really try to feel what its like to be in others "shoes" in order to become more loving, understanding, and accepting.

I bought 3 DVD's to give to members of my family for Christmas.
on May 27, 2010
I saw this film at a festival, and it made me cry. Tears of anger at first and then tears of joy at the end. This is the ultimate story of redemption and teaches the power of love and tolerance. I highly recommend that everyone see this, especially if they are gay and trying to come out to their families or if someone is struggling to come to grips with a family member who has just come out. This film is for you.
on July 1, 2013
This is a low budget film - the camera work and acting are not going to win any awards. But the message is worth putting up with the mediocre production values. Three stars might be a bit generous, but, as I said earlier, when the theme is redemption, the generosity is warranted. Oh, and you might learn something about the story of Johah.
on April 18, 2013
I liked this movie because it does happen in the real world and so many people are effected this type of situation. What seems to be real in relationships sometimes is done to make the people seem normal. I didn't think the doctors' job would be in question because of his being gay.
on April 27, 2014
After reading some of the poor reviews, I was hesitant to watch this movie, but it was free on Prime so I decided to watch it. At first the movie did not seem very good to me, and I could understand all the bad reviews. However, about a third of the way through the movie, the view of all of the characters lives changed and it really caught my interest. The story was very powerful. The shooting of the film could use some improvement, but the film overall was pretty good. If you can make it through the first third of the movie, you may be pleasantly surprised.
on February 18, 2015
Really bad in every way. Terrible script, awful acting and a loud, bleeding piano score. There's a reason it's free to watch on Amazon. I couldn't get through it, it was so bad. Can't believe it was released. This is something you might expect from a first year film student with no writing experience and no budget.
on November 29, 2011
Beautiful movie maybe not HD but amazing story so true.I would recommended it to everyone.
I think all of us should watch it.We want to change the world while we are not even trying to change ourselves.This world is our.We are existing here and We should change our behavior.If you are not gay you don/t even know how hard it is to be one in this world.People hate you ,destroy you .LIFE,HEALING,SUN,NATURE,HARMONY AND SPIRIT
on September 2, 2011
This movie was superb, especially for low budget gay/lesbian themed drama. However, you could apply the elements of bigotry the main character held and direct it toward any group and I see the story as thematically holding strong. As other reviewers have mentioned the same prior, I am really just resounding the same! This will not be a waste, I assure you. Also, if you are like me and have netflix and find it on their "instant" - it really isn't. I think it's a directors commentary over the film the whole time. I started trying to watch there and didn't work, so just spend your money here, it's a bargain anyhow!

Not to give too much away, but I found it particularly moving midway through and things had switched over. I hope it can help any out there who might still struggle with people in your life who think it's a "choice" or what not. Midway, we find the reverend in quite a new role, so to speak, and as we all know - much like I shudder at the thought of making out with a man - you can't just "choose" to be gay. Kudos for this film. The acting, writing and filming were just spot-on. Def drama, so on the love-meter - 4: chillax, but don't expect romance in the boudoir.

As always, pop the corn, here's your soda, don't drop milk duds on the white carpet, and pass the remote
on February 27, 2014
I choose to rate this movie 3 stars because I like the idea for the movie, but the way that the idea is portrayed is jerky. The viewer must piece together what is happening, and by the time that has happened, the story is half way through, and it feels disjointed. The premise has been used before, and if the acting were just a little bit better, it might be pulled off with a bit more credibility. However, the topic needs to be understood more in today's world, so for that I give it 3 stars because the focus is important.
on January 17, 2014
This movie's storyline has promise. It could have been important, in the hands of experienced filmmakers with the resources to do it justice. As it is, viewers are forced to follow amateurish, wooden actors as they attempt to emote their way through every imaginable cliche.

I applaud the filmmakers' passion and the effort that went into trying to talk about the devastating consequences of bigotry. Unfortunately, the production values are so poor that the movie appears to have been put together by a bunch of kids who took a few film school courses, and borrowed some equipment. The result is way too many flashbacks, strange scenes that use lighting effects to set the mood, and odd, laggy sound. Even the background music feels contrived.

As a contender in an amateur film festival, "Change of Life" would be interesting, but, when it has to compete with professionally produced and acted movies, it's outclassed.. And that's a shame, because, minus its hackneyed writing and cliched characters, this could have gotten its message out to many more people.