Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation Learn more

Format: Audio CD|Change

on October 11, 2013
As the internet becomes increasingly influential in how people discover and consume new music, major labels are trying their best to keep up with the times. Lately, most of the artists that are being signed and acquired by these companies have already made names for themselves independently through Twitter, YouTube, Soundcloud, and other social networks. The appeal, then, of signing to a major label—Island Records, in the case of Iggy Azalea—is that the executives promise to groom and promote the artist, and help her transition from a cult figure to a mainstream phenomenon. Unfortunately, very few labels have been able to fulfill this promise, and Ms. Azalea is the most recent guinea pig for their faulty formula to success.

Her once highly anticipated debut album, The New Classic, has been delayed so many times (years, it seems), that even her most dedicated fans have lost hope that it will ever be released. Three singles—each accompanied by a relatively high-budget music video—have been serviced to the public without much fanfare. In fact. this EP feels less like an attempt to further Azalea's career, than a way for the label to return even a fraction of their investment thus far.

It is apparent that the label has no clue what to do with Iggy Azalea—at least not yet. And it's really a shame, because this EP—or "bundle," as the artist more appropriately calls it—shows a great deal of promise. In fact, the only real misstep here is the loud, gaudy, Bollywood-inspired "Bounce," which Azalea admits was recorded as a compromise with the executives who wanted their surefire "crossover" record. On the rest of the set, when she is allowed to continue the formula she developed on her mixtapes—hard-hitting hip-pop with a dash of electronic dance music—the results are much more enjoyable. "Change Your Life" is a cool, smooth slice of post-summer pop with a guest verse from mentor T.I., making it the best contender for her first breakout hit on American radio. Two decent remixes of the track, by Shift K3Y and the Wideboys, are also tacked on to the end of the tracklist.

The standout track, though, is Azalea's stellar debut single, "Work." Throughout the autobiographical cut, she details the struggles she encountered in pursuit of her seemingly far-fetched dream, delivering her verses with the utmost charisma and conviction; more than anywhere else on the EP, this is where she is truly convincing as an artist with promise. In fact, the original solo version is far more compelling than the remix featuring Wale. When she is completely honest and left to her own devices, Iggy creates truly great material. In the future, hopefully Island Records will let Iggy Azalea be great.
on March 17, 2014
I LOVE IGGY NOW IT'S A GREAT CD i am now Iggy azalea's biggest fan. I can"t Wait for the new classic to come out on April 22nd 2014 IGGY IGGY IGGY buy this cd it's got five songs on it Bounce Change your life and work and two Change your life remixes over all twelve stars out of five
on December 22, 2013
This EP is a perfect listen while you're waiting for her debut album. This EP includes all the singles she has released to promote 'The New Classic' along with remixes of the A+ songs. This will remind you why you fell in love with Iggy!
on July 17, 2014
It kind of like hearing the same thing over and over. They put the original song and the remix on the same cd. I like it though. But I don't think it was worth the 8 I paid for.
on November 28, 2013
Change Your Life EP is just amazing! Its incredible that we also were the first ones to get the EP. Also we got the song "Bounce" which was not released in the US but was released in the UK. That also is incredible. Change Your Life & Work are amazing songs! Work FT. Wale was a good song as well! As far as the remixes? I don't like remixes but the two remixes here just complete the EP! I absolutely LOVE these remixes! As far as recommending it? I surely recommend this EP which will hopefully hold you off til "The New Classic" comes out in March 2014 (If there isnt any more delays!)
on November 19, 2013
Change your life changed my life. I am now a happier person driving wildly with the stereo blasting in my cool 4 cylinder.
on October 29, 2014
Don't get me wrong, I love Iggy but this CD only has 2 songs on it lol.
on May 15, 2014
I enjoy Iggy. Didn't realize it was an EP. It only has 3 songs and remixes of the same songs. If I would have know that, I would have just bought the singles at iTunes. The price didn't kill me so I didn't care.
on August 4, 2014