Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: How to Change Your Life: An Inspirational, Life-Changing Classic from the Ernest Holmes Library
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on November 20, 2004
What can i say about this book, other than, the techniques and affirmations written by Holmes WORKS! I have been exposed to Holmes' work for a few years, but just for casual reading. Recently, I went deeper than just 'reading for knowledge' to living the knowledge.

I was affirming a perfect job with higher salary, and within 1 month, I got a job in another city, and i got a $15,000 increment in salary! (something that a lot of job agents told me is 'impossible' or 'get real'). WHat happened was, my friend called me out of the blue saying his boss suddenly wanted to hire someone with my capability. I sent in my resume, and got an interview. And the old company was having some business changes and decided to split, and I took that as an opportunity to get out. And i went to another city, and got a job immediately.

I also treat my health very often and see great result. I once had a condition, and it healed when I affirmed before i sleep. The next day i woke up, its like there was no condition.

Holmes' work is thick in wisdom for living. If you are interested, also read books by Thomas Troward. Also get "Love and Law" & others by Ernest Holmes.
on October 10, 2002
I took Religious Science class and read several books (by Ernest Holmes and other authors).
I like this one best of all. But, be careful, there is another Ernest Holmes' book with the same title 'How to Change Your Life' with Willis H. Kinnear as a contributor, that book I think doesn't worth any attention.
on October 27, 2003
This book along with "Dynamic Laws of Healing" by Catherine Ponder, are two of my favorites when it comes to the nitty gritty of spiritual work. (I mean the actual WORK!) I have been reading metaphysical books for over 25 years and Ernest Holmes and Catherine Ponder (among a few others) explain spiritual principles and give you practical guidelines as to how to heal yourself and others. Even if you don't read this book now, buy it and put it on your bookshelf because I guarantee you will read/need it one day. :)
on April 18, 2007
This book, not unlike all of Ernest Holmes books, is instructional in nature and makes a case for using your mind to get what you want. It's not alot of metaphysical mumbo-jumbo. This stuff works. I read the book all the way through and now I keep it by my nightstand and read sections every night to help me with a situation I may be facing. My life is better for having read this book.

The book that got me started down this path is , The Secret by Rhonda Byrne The Secret. Start here and you will eventually come to know Ernest Homles as the father of the Science-Thought-Mind connection and the Law of Attraction How to Change Your Life.

I am a devout Christian and have given my life to Christ. I assure you that this will only enhance your belief in God and the power of creation.

Buy this book and then post your own comments. I know you'll be motivated to tell other people - what a great source of personal success stories - Amazon feedback!
on March 22, 2014
Either you buy the premise or you don't. If you do then this is one of the core texts of Science of Mind and should be read by anyone pursuing the practice. Why only 4stars? Well it is a book that is a bit dated. There are a number of places where I found myself grinning silently at an anachronistic example or a statement that we know is not true or at least not accurate. But an open mind can work around these with a bit of thought.
on December 3, 2012
If you make it through this book without actually having some positive affects then you definitely arent paying attention. Some things in here literally changed my personal views the moment I read them. Other stuff took some work. Overall this book gave me a new outlook on my personal situation.
VINE VOICEon May 21, 2006
This is a great book and yet I have a little bit of a problem with it. It's really insignificant, but it still kind of bothers me and that is, the title of the book. You can't change your life. Now hear me out before you think I'm being pessimistic; you can't change your life because your life is essentially that which cannot change. Your life is God Itself...Spirit...it is that which cannot change. Now, by all means you can realign your thinking and by changing your perspective on life it will appear as though your life is changing but only because now you are in alignment...in agreement with what God was ALREADY providing you with; a life that is BEAUTIFUL, RICH, and WONDERFUL; a life where EVERY MOMENT is an opportunity to express Light, extend Love, and experience Life Itself.

I recommend this book because it does help you to remember what we already know within; that we are whole and holy beings living in a whole and holy universe right here and right now.

Ernest Holmes expresses powerful ideas and amazing insights in this book. Is there anything new in it? Mmmmm...let me think...nope, nothing new but nothing new can be added to Truth because Truth is a constant just like God and cannot be changed, cannot be added to, cannot bend to suit our wants and our needs so if you're looking for something to get "bowled over" with, you're looking for something outside of yourself and not willing to go within. And that's okay, but I would rather go within than go without. Besides, if you're not getting excited or enthused about Truth just as Truth then you're really not hearing it or understanding it because Truth should always be setting off fireworks within our minds, hearts, and souls. We should walk away feeling incredible and then ready to live the stuff out because it works if you work it and it'll work even if you don't work it because the universe is always willing to prove to us exactly what we believe.

It's an amazing thing this life we've been given. Let's start today by getting this book and deciding once and for all that we are here to truly live and to live abundantly.

Peace be with all of you...
on July 6, 2012
This book is very helpful for developing peace of mind and reducing stress in your life. If you are searching for a spiritual base, this book will guide you. It appeals to the intellectual side of spirituality rather than the emotional feely side. Holmes has carefully researched many religious systems and combined the information in this book. The meditations are very helpful.
Highly recommend.
on May 5, 2011
I loved this book and it is a great to go to book when I need a boost. Really helps you to be a positive person and realize that you are a remarkable being. I think coming from this book you appreciate you life, your loved ones and become more gratiful for everything you have.
on November 20, 2012
This is a simply written, easy to read book. It's great when you need encouragement, and helps you step out of the "what is" of your life, when things aren't as you want, and give you good information on how to apply Science of Mind principles. It's very uplifting, giving hope when you aren't finding hope within your life.