5.0 out of 5 stars Great for teaching
I teach first grade and this book is excellent for our science unit. It is very basic and easy to read. I after I use it as a read aloud my students can easily reread it on their own.
Published 20 months ago by Ali

3.0 out of 5 stars Not up to par
I was not impressed with this book. I had planned to use this in my classroom to introduce the phases of the moon. It is very small and lacks in-depth knowledge. Instead I bought and used "The Moon Book."
Published on July 25, 2007 by Crystal Mccullough

3.0 out of 5 stars Not up to par, July 25, 2007
This review is from: So That's How the Moon Changes Shape (Rookie Read-About Science Series) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for teaching, November 22, 2012
Ali "kahlan82" (GRAHAM, NC, United States) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, July 14, 2014
Book is way too small to read to a class

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Generic, July 25, 2013
This is a very basic easy reader featuring photos of the moon alongside basic text talking about the moon. I think a title called "Moon Phases" might be less misleading. The book doesn't REALLY help the reader understand how the moon's shape changes. It does introduce the basic concept that the moon travels around the earth, and introduces the various shapes of the moon.
I was hoping for, however, some clever diagram that could show a child how the direction of the light changes the appearance of the moon, but this book didn't have anything like that.

It is a find generic easy reader, but I wouldn't recommend it as having any special information about the phases of the moon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Moon Phases, December 23, 2012
I used this in my 1st grade classroom to teach about the phases of the moon. Kids and I loved it!

4.0 out of 5 stars good book, March 22, 2010
JG&CJ (COOKEVILLE,TN) - See all my reviews
This was a good book to use in class when we talked about the moon

1.0 out of 5 stars it was used, December 21, 2012
I received it and it was a used book, this was a gift for my daughter and now I have to return it becuase it is uded.

So That's How the Moon Changes Shape (Rookie Read-About Science Series)
$4.95 $4.04