Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Iron Maiden $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 15, 2008 7:49:43 PM PDT
duke4711 says:
OK, at what point did "Raiders of the Lost Ark" become "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark?" Why did Paramount, or Lucas, or whoever change the title? Can anyone shed some light on this?

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2008 9:15:36 AM PDT
Mary Dang says:
At the end of the wikipedia entry for "Raiders of the Lost Ark", it says:

"For its 1999 VHS re-issue, the film was remastered in THX and for the first time was made available in widescreen. The outer package was retitled Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark to correlate with the film's prequel and sequel. The subsequent DVD release in 2003 features this title as well. The title in the film itself remains unchanged, even in the restored DVD print. "

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2008 10:00:27 AM PDT
katphoti says:
I'm glad they didn't change the title in the film itself--that would be like changing "First Blood" to "Rambo: First Blood." The original title references Indy--he is also a raider of the Lost Ark. He tries to raid it as well, even if it is to get it away from the Nazis.

I get tired of Lucas and Speilberg changing everything...let's make E.T. look more "real" by making him digital! Let's make the Star Wars prequels more real by filming it all digital! Thank God Speilberg put his foot down on making the new Indy film all digital!

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2008 7:03:03 AM PDT
Jon B says:
I actually nearly returned my movies when I first noticed the whole "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark" just because it bugged me. I wound up keeping them and was happy the opening title hadn't been changed (after all, how often do you watch the packaging?) but it still bugs me.

I undertand the change was made to give uniformity among the series, but would you change the Maltese Falcon to "Sam Spade and the Maltese Falcon" just because people know the character?

I give Lucas and Spielber an F- on this decision.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2008 3:30:28 AM PDT
I hate when studio's change the title of a film. The absolute worst are the Tales From A Parallel Universe movies. The vhs releases were fine. But after the movies were out they came out with a series starring a different actress (with different colored hair I might add). They then relased the movies on dvd and retitled them dropping the "tales from a parallel universe" in favor of "Lexx". Yeah I may be a bit anal about it but I still refuse to buy them.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions