5.0 out of 5 stars great stuff!
Published on September 4, 2010 by john washington

2.0 out of 5 stars ***CHEAP MARBLES***
Its a nice set but the marbles are cheap! Most are solid or clear glass with a coating over them. None of the really cool cats eye marbles you'd expect. I had several in my pack that were painted black with kinda a cheapy black mirror coating.

Save money and go buy some pretty ones!
Published 17 months ago by CoolHandMatt

5.0 out of 5 stars great stuff!, September 4, 2010
This review is from: Channel Craft Marble Shooting Game, Classic Tin, Made in USA (Toy)
I'm a fan of marbles and got this pack for the old fashioned novelty of it, i'm impressed! the tin is nice quality, with a great Normam Rockwell-ish old-timey painting on the front, it's larger than I thought as well, approx 3.5 x5, It comes with a nice little color/b&w booklet on how to play various games and it's all made in the USA, can't beat it. I'll be buying more from this company again.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great set of marbles for Cub Scouts, November 3, 2010
Quincy Acklen (Charlotte, NC USA) - See all my reviews
My 8 year old son wanted to get his marbles belt loop for Cub Scouts. This set was perfect. The marbles weren't all the same pattern and color (a complaint I've read about other sets). He now loves to play marbles and takes them with him every day to teach and play with other kids at lunch. The tin is a bit loud with all the marbles sloshing around, but it's a nice tin...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Marbles, January 22, 2011
Great beginner's set in a nice presentation tin. Plus marbles never grow old, don't need batteries, can be passed down, are fun for boys and girl alike, and any number of people can join in the fun.

2.0 out of 5 stars ***CHEAP MARBLES***, March 25, 2013

Save money and go buy some pretty ones!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good marbles, July 21, 2011
I got these for my three year old after he found a few old marbles and became obsessed. He's a little young to understand the games but loves playing with these anyway.

The tin is great for holding the marbles and I was pleasantly surprised by the variety of marbles. I wasn't impressed by the quality of the marbles - while they're durable, there are obvious parting lines or mismatches in the coloring on some and the shiny metallic ones are not a consistent size. The marbles I remember from my childhood were much more consistent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Do YOU have all your marbles?, May 18, 2011
.......my kids do!!! They have hand-me-down marbles from when I was a kid in the 1970's, plus this new set that comes with a booklet of various games you can play. My kids love to play marbles with their dad; we invent our own games, though there are several games listed in the booklet that we haven't tried yet. Someday we will actually play marbles the right way!!! This set comes with basic marbles of various colors. It's nice to purchase a variety of marble sets, because it makes it more fun and interesting for the kids. Just the other day, I pulled out 2 "steelies" (large, heavy ones at that) and my kids were excited and wondered where I got them from. Marbles are meant to be diversified and fun. This set is just right.

5.0 out of 5 stars positive, January 21, 2011
the marbles were a Huge hit with my 5 year old grandson. he is still playing daily with them and he got them at Christmastime.

1.0 out of 5 stars Colors are not very interesting, February 26, 2013
Cute packaging doesn't make up for a lack of color contrast in the marbles. I was hoping, at this price, for some real beauties for my granddaughter who has asked for marbles. Dull, dull, dull.

5.0 out of 5 stars WHAT HAPPENED TO CHILDHOOD?, July 6, 2013
Having broken my ankle, I am in the therapy stage. One task is picking up marbles with the toes to deposit in a cup and strengthen the toes. I liked having a box as I have small dogs who would be fascinated by stray marbles. After a day's hard work my marbles moved well, andI'm almost recovered. On the same Amazon page, I saw wonderful older toys--Pick Up Sticks, Jacks, Tiddley Winks. Why have we given over childhood to batteries? The old toys develop dexterity, imagination, focus, and fun,
without a battery. I have nothing against technology, but to the old games, lets give out a shout, and stuff them in some stockings!

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic Marbles, August 3, 2012
Channel Craft Toy Tin Marbles Game was exactly what I wanted. I was looking for something to add to my kids Christmas pile and decided to search for some classic items. Went with these marbles and I am very happy with them. The tin is great for keeping them safe and my kids have had a blast. They came with a little pamphlet that gave instruction on how to play several games. Good assortment of colors.

Rate and Discover Movies