5.0 out of 5 stars capable cuteness
As a mechanic i use lots of different brands and styles of tools. I borrowed one of these 424's from a co-worker to remove some stripped-out phillips screws. The tiny little jaws grabbed with ease and security, and i was able to just twist the screw right out.
Published on November 5, 2008 by Nathan Hancock

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked for a while...
I have bought three sets of these pliers to keep in various tool kits. The one I keep on my mountain bike is the most critical because when I need those - there is no backup. The first time I needed those - they broke. The key sheared off the first time I put any pressure on the pliers. Since I have other sets I tried them under similar loads. None of the others...
Published 8 months ago by CxAgent

5.0 out of 5 stars capable cuteness, November 5, 2008
This review is from: Channellock 424 1/2-Inch Jaw Capacity 4-1/2-Inch Tongue and Groove Plier (Tools & Home Improvement)
His pair is about 3 years old and has seen a great deal of use. They are "ChannelLock" brand so you know it's going to be highly durable and purpose built. I have a few Snap-On/BluePoint pairs of channellock's style pliers, and yet the "ChannelLock" brand pliers outperform in every size category; from this 424, pocket sized pair, all the way up to my mammoth 480 'baby-gitters'.
I was Very impressed.
-just thought i'd write a review while i was on here buying two pairs. -i know my roommate's gonna want one when he sees 'em.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mini Channellocks, December 21, 2008
Joseph Bobst (Central Illinois) - See all my reviews
This purchase replaces a set lost by my favorite mechanic who has had them as a pocket tool in the shop for about 40 years. The first tool broke a couple of years ago after some emergency overstressing (probably). Channellock didn't even quibble. but sent a new pair gratis. Then disaster struck via a hole in the pocket recently, and any tool freak can appreciate the gloom that is felt when such a loss occurs. So this purchase is intended to make the world a happy place again, where the familar and useful are again at hand. It is unlikely that a $200 tool gift could produce as big a smile. Great product...highly recommended.

JB

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these, June 20, 2010
I recently bought two more of these to keep in an emergency tool kit in my vehicles. The original pair I have are still going strong after twelve years, I bought the original pair for work twelve years ago and they outlasted the company. At work they soon became the most borrowed tool I had, and we all know how people treat other peoples tools. I have owned cheaper tools of the same type and they always loosen allowing the jaws to open when you apply any force, this of course allows the tool to come right off of whatever you are working on, and allows you to smash your hand in the process. Stay away from ones that have a threaded fastener holding them together. Channellock is worth the extra couple of dollars, they get the job done and put up with a lot of abuse.

4.0 out of 5 stars Made in the USA, December 4, 2013
I absolutely love Channellock tools that are made in the USA but Channellock quality control is starting to slip! This tool was made in the USA but did not receive the same attention to detail that I have come to expect from past purchases. That's the reason for knocking it down one star. They will work fine but for those tool aficionados out there I will try to give an honest report. The first flaw I noted was that the jaws do not line up. Mine were offset by 1/16". I think this is a big concern since the pliers are designed for ignition work that require precision & misaligned jaws do not fit in this category. There is no way to permanently correct this flaw since the pliers are riveted together instead of the former nut & bolt method so you can't adjust or tighten them to correct the problem, Closer tolerance machining would fix the problem. I can force the jaws to line up by slightly twisting the grips in my hand but I don't think I should have to do this. They should line up naturally when closed. The next flaw on my purchase was the rubberized coating on the handles did not fully cover the the ends. You can clearly see the metal underneath. It almost looks like it could have used one or more dips in the hot blue handle coating tank. The final flaw was the machining on the side of the metal jaw. It was sloppy at best with visible imperfections. I ran my pair across my wire wheel and applied a fresh coating of clear lacquer to dress up their appearance. Bear in mind that tools are individually crafted and you could get a pair that is perfect but I am stating the condition that mine arrived in. If purchasing from a brick and mortar store I would have passed this pair and pulled another one off the rack from behind. I did find the handles a little skinny making them uncomfortable to hold compared to the Irwin model that is approx half the price. The tool is designed to be small but could be constructed with slightly thicker rubber handles to make them easier to hold similar to the Irwin handles on their comparable product. I would buy again but will avoid buying sight unseen over the mail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Only one problem..., September 13, 2012
nitrofein (Richmond, VA) - See all my reviews
These pliers are very tiny yet so strong and have incredible griping strength. This is a must have tool.

The only problem is once you get them you will soon realize the disappointment that you didn't buy two of them to begin with.

5.0 out of 5 stars #1 Tongue and Groove Plier on the Market, August 27, 2011
I've had a pair of Channellock 430's in my hand almost every work day since 1992. They are hands-down the best tongue and groove plier on the market. No one makes a hinge that lasts longer. Their hinge pin is pressed together which is vastly superior to a crushed nut so many other pliers have. If you purchase a set of pliers (for heavy daily, not casual, use) from ANY manufacturer and there is a nut holding on the hinge pin...you should save yourself a lot of time and go ahead and loosen the nut, pinch your finger inbetween the handles, scream obscenities at whoever is unlucky enough to be standing nearby, and then throw the tool as far as you can...because that is what will eventual happen if you decide to save a few bucks on a pair of pliers with a nut on the hinge pin.

If you have ever used another brand for a period of time you will notice the quality as soon as you hold them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little pliers, November 22, 2007
Great little pliers by the company that specializes in this style. No complaints. Very small, but useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Know what you are getting!, January 30, 2013
These are tiny. Even smaller thinner handles than some other brands I`ve seen. If you are not 100% sure you need this size for your work, take a pass and get something at least 6" or larger. Other than that, they appear well made and fill a certain need. I recently bought a similar looking pair from "an online auction site" and went straight to the trash after first use due to almost no groove - they kept wanting to "jump off track". These have a rather large groove for their size which is much better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pocket tool, January 27, 2009
These pliers have become as important to carry as my pocket knife daily. They are extememly durable and handy to have. They will often save me a trip to the toolbox when doing jobs on the farm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small pliers ~ will go where others can't., January 14, 2013
This little pliers is small enough to carry ~
and strong enough to handle any job that will fit in it's approx 1/2" opening.
It's a handy tool with the jaw being only 3/16" wide
that's use-full in tight areas where a standard pliers can't reach.

A good quality ~ tongue and Groove Pliers.
The channel is snug and non slip. Nice plastic grip handles,

I keep these pliers in my kitchen tool drawer to un-screw the cap off Bath & Body ~
Slatkin & Co. Home fragrance refills that are really tight.
There great for many small repairs around the house.
Also good for hobbies ~ cable connections ~ bending small rods and piping.

These miniature Channel-locks are hard to find in stores.
How-ever I did find them at our local True Value ~ priced at $15.99 & tax.
Clearly ~ Amazon prices are better.

Rate and Discover Movies