Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Chanukah: Eight Nights of Light, Eight Gifts for the Soul
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Periphery Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

100%
Format: Paperback|Change

on January 6, 2006
As a Reform Jew I was a bit hesistant when my very religious Orthodox cousin told me to purchase this book. I was so surprised to read a book on Chanukah that went underneath the gifts and went a step further to truly give a great explanation as to why we celebrate Chanukah.

This is a great book for any person to read, not only those who are Jewish.

All in all, a terrific read!
on July 6, 2007
I have all of Rabbi Apisdorf's works on my bookshelf, but this one is especially meaningful for me. The book encourages the development of existential intelligence, which represents the uniquely human ability to contemplate the meaning and the purpose of existence. Which of course includes the 4 big questions of life: Who Am I?, Where Am I?, Why Am I Here?, and Where Am I Going? If you do the exercises recommended in this book, you are nearly certain to stretch yourself and enhance your existential intelligence.
on November 29, 2000
Finally a Chanukah book that explains everything with levity and clarity. My family and I are planning to read 3 pages a night until chanukah. What a wonderful way to prepare for such a joyous holiday.
on May 27, 2014
This book was purchased as a resource for my classroom. It looked brand new and was in great shape. Would purchase from this seller again.