Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Chaos Men's Dylon Wool Blend Trapper Hat (Heather Black, Unisex)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Color: Heather Black|Size: Unisex|Change

on September 12, 2015
I'm cosplaying Wendy Courderoy From Gravity Falls, and needed a hat for the outfit. I bought the Heather Grey and all and all am satisfied with the purchase. The interior fur is grey rather than brown, so if you're going for 100% accuracy you will need to dye it, swap it out, or just get a different hat. (Also, the fur is only on the inside of the ear flaps and it has a buckle).

I saw another review stating the faux fur was poor quality. So far it feels fine. It's soft and fuzzy and altogether comfy on my skin. The material for the exterior is surprisingly soft as well; I thought it would be scratchy.

A different review mentioned that the interior is not completely furred, and is not lined. The fur is only on the flaps and on the lining for the edge. The inside is lined, but with a different type of material. It's still covered in thick padding and traps the heat in well.

The hat runs large. Good if you're going to have a wig on or if you have a large head. I have a relatively small head so it's a bit loose.

All in all, I'm satisfied with this purchase. I'll be wearing it regularly - in and out of cosplay.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on November 30, 2012
This hat is pure ugly, however I'm not wearing this thing to impress anyone, I wear it when snow blowing.
I've had my ears frozen from not wearing this hat, even at -30 below this hat keeps me warm!
on December 25, 2012
This review is from: Chaos Men's Dylon Wool Blend Trapper Hat (Sports)
Using this hat during my Winter walk across America (NY to CA) and this a damn good hat! Through the rain, wind, snow, sleet, and mist this has hat kept my head warm, dry, and is highly breathable. When it gets too cold while sleeping in my tent, I use this hat to keep warm.

Its one size fits all, if I ever have to replace it while on this journey I'm buying the same hat. I wear it in this manner: large flaps down (to cover neck and ears), small flaps up (to hear better), only using the strap when I'm ultra cold (block wind). This hat is also unique enough to pull the ladies if used with a warm smile and proper intro/greeting. --SoilTrek.com
on February 4, 2013
I am really disappointed because the Trappet Hat you will recieve is not like you see here, it is a copy of this one with a bad quality. There is not hair brown in the hat, is more like gray and green than anything else. Another detail that is unimportant but demonstrates that it is not the label that makes Chaos: It seems metal in the photo and in mine is a piece of cloth sewn.

The hat is warm, but It is totally different to this hat.
on January 26, 2013
Hat is great. Good construction with one exception as a other reviewer point out, the velcro strap on the bottom of the ear flaps is a poor design. Should be a quick release as on other hats. Beside that it is very warm, and made well
on December 21, 2012
Great hat, keeps my head and ears warm. It looks good too. I give it a 5 star rating. The only problem is my cat tries to kill it.
on December 26, 2013
i bought this hat this december (2013). when it arrived it was different than the one pictured and described in two ways. the logo patch was made of leather and was stitched on all the way around. not important to me. the other difference was that the hat now has a plastic clasp instead of the velcro that was described. much better to me. just thought i'd mention this difference for those who would prefer the plastic clasp over the velcro as i do. a nice improvement. the hat is really well made and warm. i would buy again.
on February 26, 2015
I purchased this for my dad, and he absolutely loves it. We live in the NY metro area and given this harsh winter season, this hat has been his savoir.

Appearance: The color scheme and design make this a good looking hat that still maintains its purpose of keeping you warm.

Build: My dad has been using this for two months now and it has maintained its build quality. No degradation of seams, cloth or fur yet.

Feel: Overall, good feel materials. The interior faux fur feels very soft and comfortable. The exterior has the feel of a wool jacket, sturdy feel with enough give to confirm to one's head.

Use: The chin strap is durable and continues to hold up to constant re/un-buckles. The cloth strap going through the plastic fasteners is very tough, so adjusting the strap is a bit of a challenge, but you have to pick your battle between sacrificing quality to allow for easy adjustment or thicker material for long lasting strap. The ear flap don't have any fastener option to hold them up, so the only option is to leave the ear flaps always down or fold the flaps up and use the chin strap as the fastener. The latter option work perfectly fine but the visual appearance is not clean.
on December 9, 2012
Why the cheesy velcro? Velcro and fur don't get along. Stick with the clips or the rope. Would have been perfect if not for that.
on April 6, 2016
This is the 2nd hat of similar product I bought. The first hat became unavailable, but this is identical. I work on passenger jets at Logan (Boston) even in winter at night on the outside (what a punishment). I keep one at home & another one at work.

My head is larger than average, but the default size fits perfectly. This is a must item for those who work in harsh winter's environment.

Made in China as was expected.