In the past five years, I have used four different Chapin sprayers. Compared to the ones sold at Lowes and Home Depot, the Chapin brands are higher quality and "longer lasting." Although they are the best, they are not perfect. Here are the PROs and CONs.
PROs
1. The wand and nozzle are made of heavy brass.
2. The hose is large,...
Published on October 27, 2012 by Gene P. Louie

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, but some flaws.
This is certainly a nice heavy duty sprayer. I was impressed by that. There are a couple of things that bother me compared to other sprayers I've owned in the past.
Published 6 months ago by GaryWisconsin

5.0 out of 5 stars Chapin Makes the Best Sprayers and Has the Best Customer Service!, October 27, 2012
This review is from: Chapin 26021XP Pro Series Poly 2 Gallon Sprayer (Lawn & Patio)
PROs
1. The wand and nozzle are made of heavy brass.
2. The hose is large, thick, and heavy.
3. Customer Service is the best - second to none. The people are cheerful, knowledgeable, and helpful. They will "bend over backwards" to solve any problem and to guarantee a successful experience with their products.
CONs
1. The pump rod is made of mild steel and is prone to rust. Rub it with heavy grease after each use to retard oxidation.
2. Some models come without a plastic filter on the end of the plastic intake tube. Call Chapin's customer service and get one. . . . Dust and tiny debris tend to travel into the wand and plug up the nozzle without this needed item.
3. It is almost impossible to read the gallon markings on the liquid container. Use a permanent marker to mark off the necessary measurements.
4. Chapin Pro Series and Premier Series are almost identical, except for a few cosmetic changes. Buy whatever is cheaper. . . . For the cheapest prices, go to the Chapin website. I purchased a 3-gallon Pro Series for $27. Apparently, other companies hire Chapin to make sprayers. The firm just take their Pro Series or Premier, make a few cosmetic changes on the handle, screw cap, container color, and labeling. . . . During production, the company makes extra units. Later, it needs to get rid of the surplus. So, it sells these at cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Professional grade, September 26, 2011
My husband cuts grass for a living on the side of his main job. He has used every sprayer on the market from the big box stores. None of them lasted. He loves these sprayers and has them in two sizes. Hasn't had to replace one yet and has owned them for at least 3 years!

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy Duty Sprayer, March 25, 2012
I expect I'll be using this sprayer for many years. It's commercial grade in every respect. Heavy duty and very well made. Spray options are somewhat coarse compared to other sprayers I have. Oh, I have never seen a sprayer of this grade or quality in the garden or hardware stores.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive Sprayer, May 19, 2012
I have only used this sprayer twice, but so far I am very impressed. Everything about it looks and feels quality-made. I was quite honestly expecting less, but from the heavy duty hose and comfortable rubber coated handle (doesn't feel like a toddler toy) to the smooth and solid pump action, this thing feels as if was made to last! I didn't really need an all metal unit so this model works perfectly for me, and the price was really good considering the quality. Spray wand has a removable angled end which has already proved itself useful. The pump unit tightens securely without needing a pipe wrench and removes with minimal effort. The relief valve is also handy.

I used to spend as much (or more) on sprayers from home improvement stores, and they typically lasted about one season. The last one was so cheesy that I couldn't wait until it stopped working just to throw it out (the pump leaked air no matter how much I tightened it and then it was nearly impossible to remove, handle leaked and so on...). Now I actually don't mind using a sprayer once again. I probably bought one a year for the last 8 years and if my expectations are correct, this sprayer is going to be around for a while. It's a very good value.

4.0 out of 5 stars Updating Review from 1 star to 4, May 25, 2013
I bought this sprayer after reading all the reviews on line and reviews of other sprayers.
From the handle to the spray tip is all plastic As I was spraying I notice how the wand was kinda rubbery.
Did not give it much thought until the wand fell to the ground as I was using it. Bummer!

Update: Chapin customer service sent a replacement spray wand. I rate customer service at Chapin 5 stars, I will update after using the sprayer with the replacement wand. Maybe I got a lemon.

Update: I have used the new wand Chapin sent me at no cost twice. It does not feel weak like the first one, it wobbled as I sprayed. It may have been damaged in the shipping process. I upgraded my review on the sprayer because of Chapin's customer service and the fact I have used it twice and it still works. These days, not many companies stand behind their product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful product, April 10, 2012
I have had several sprayers that quit working after one or two times. I also had to pump them often. This sprayer is very easy to use. and it is a good size. I used the flat spray nozzle on my patio to get rid of moss. It did a better job than I expected!

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, but some flaws., April 24, 2014
1.) I like a sprayer to be precise in its "on" and "off". When I release the handle, I want the spray to stop instantly and completely. This sprayer tends to dribble and drip after releasing the spray handle.
2.) It pumps up and pressurizes quite easily and quickly, but I have noticed that it loses this pressure gradually over time when not used. I use my sprayer twice a day, and sprayers I've used in the past would hold the pressure during that time, and wouldn't need to be repressurized each time I used them (or would need just a couple of quick pumps to top them off). This sprayer completely loses the pressure in a matter of hours. I have tried to check and tighten all possible connections where pressure might be bleeding off, but haven't been able to improve the situation.

4.0 out of 5 stars sprayer, May 28, 2012
Sprayer is much better than the one it is replacing from a box store. I have used it several times with no problems. The only negative is that the capacity marks (one gallon, 1.5 gallon etc.) are hard to read

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the one to buy, June 4, 2013
I have had all of them. This one, at $29 costs a whole $9 more than the ones sold at the local big box stores (Hudson, etc) and I would happily pay $50 for it. The build quality is top notch and greatly superior. I have a large property and I use this for weed-killer duty every two weeks, spraying a full two gallons of material, each time. The best feature is the spray wand, it is comfortable and does not fatigue your hand. Also, the fact that the spray head is angled allows you to more accurately "point and shoot" straight DOWN onto weeds instead of hitting them with your chemicals at an angle. The length of the spray wand also means that you wont have to crouch down in order to apply your chemicals accurately (without hitting other plants etc).

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally a sprayer that doesn't clog or fail after 1 use, May 27, 2014
Been buying big box $30 sprayers that fail almost immediately. I just wanted something to spray roundup and bug spray.

Pros: solid container and pump. Spray handle hasn't leaked yet. Excellent pressure relief valve. Pump works great. Pressure holds well.

Con: what idiot designer placed the rod holder attachment the way it is?! Basically you have to let the spray rod flop down on the ground when refilling. Lost a star for this.

Overall it's well worth the price.

Chapin 26021XP Pro Series Poly 2 Gallon Sprayer