4.0 out of 5 stars Great addition for the grilling family
Okay, first of all, this is not a specialized smoker, something that seems to have surprised some other people. It can add smoke flavor, but if you want truly smoked foods, this isn't going to deliver what you are looking for.
Published on December 28, 2012 by Southern Mississippi

3.0 out of 5 stars Takes adjustments
Don't follow the instructions inside. You have to watch closely or you get burnt food. Getting used to it. Works in a pinch
Published 19 months ago by pamela simon

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great addition for the grilling family, December 28, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It's best purpose in my opinion is to add functionality to your propane grill. It's basically a pan that serves to help control the heat better. Is it something that you will use every single time you get out your grill? Probably not, unless fish and vegetables are the primary items hitting your grill.

All in all, I'd say if you frequently do more than the typical brisket/burger/sausage kind of grilling, you may find this of use. It's not huge, so it's not something you'd choose to use when feeding a crowd. That also means it will fit on smaller propane grills or into your dishwasher. The grate-like inner pan will allow you to easily manage those veggies, seafood, etc.

This isn't something every outdoor cook is going to love or need. It's not made out of stainless steel to last a lifetime either. It is an additional tool to make your cook outs a bit more interesting than just scorching some hot dogs though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and Delicious!, December 18, 2012
This review is from: Char-Broil Infusion Cooker (Lawn & Patio)
I was surprised to read the reviews about it being too small. I can put a whole fryer chicken inside the basket of this cooker and it cooks it to perfection. So far, i have no complaints. I have cooked fish, shrimp, and pork loin with great results. Also fits perfectly in my dishwasher.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, but as others have said, it's small, November 28, 2012
John S. Dean "John" (Sturtevant, WI United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love grilling. And since I live near a place that makes the most awesome brats I've ever had (cajun, garlic, onion, etc), I spend a lot of time on my grill. That being said, I'm a simple eater. I like meats and potatoes and veggies, especially when I'm grilling. Simple things that are quick and easy to do.

And while I love throwing onions, mushrooms, peppers, and such on shishkabobs, tending them (especially in winter) gets to be a bit of a pain to keep them from getting too dried out or blackened around the edges. So I thought this would be a handy thing to try.

For those looking into this, there's a video on youtube showing it in use, both with liquid and with the wood chips. And their website has an online recipe page for things like pork, shrimp, salmon, and chicken.

First thing I liked - no more flareups. No more rushing out there when I hear the juice from something sizzling on the burners in case it was greasy enough to be flammable (lost count of how many "fireballs" I've had opening the top of my grill when doing some brats). The second, it really did help things cook evenly. I played with some beer in the bottom, I tried a marinade, even did the wood chips as well, though I only put in a few since I didn't want to overdo it by putting in too many... I'll have to experiment a bit to see what ends up tasting the best. But everything I've done so far has turned out better than I had hoped.

So it does work, but the size is limiting for many people. I live alone with my 9 year old son, so the size works for us, but for larger numbers, it can be limiting. Not very expensive though, and easy enough to buy two if you really need to give yourself some more room.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small wonder, great accessory, May 5, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
An infusion cooker creates a "space within a space" for a larger gas grill. This is a four-piece box, with lid, base, and two inserts. A small sample bag of wood chips is included. (Using wood chips to infuse a smokey taste and flavor into the food is optional.) The design is unfussy and free of sharp corners that could collect grease.

We have cooked boneless pork chops, chicken thighs, and salmon fillets in this unit. The chips start releasing smoke quickly because the design, and that smoke is confined to the cooker for long enough to penetrate the food. Char-Broil recommends most meats cook for about 20 minutes to be safely done.

It is remarkable to see the smokey coating on a pork chop, and even more remarkable to taste the meat. Even though the grill is set to provide maximum heat—what normally would be considered "searing"—the result inside the infusion cooker is a moist chop that tastes more like it was indirectly grilled.

I spray vegetable oil on the insert before cooking, and cleanup is easy with the exception of the bottom pan. That is where you'll find the charred remains of the wood chips, mixed with congealed drippings from the food. I find it easier to allow the bottom pan to soak by filling it with hot water and detergent.

This is a very handy, easy to use accessory for a large gas grill.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and easy cooking!, November 27, 2012
This review is from: Char-Broil Infusion Cooker (Lawn & Patio)
This product is great for my healthy and light cooking. I was able to cook my tilapia and salmon PERFECTLY with the easy-to-use racks. I even threw some asparagus on there with the fish and it turned out juicy and delicious. Even my son wanted to try it, and he HATES vegetables! I put the racks in the dishwasher after I was done and there was no mess to clean up. My husband plans on using it to smoke chicken for next time, and I can't wait!

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting concept, a work in progress, December 15, 2013
This review is from: Char-Broil Infusion Cooker (Lawn & Patio)
It is an interesting concept, I am still working with it to figure out the best way to cook with it. so far I have learned to put foil in the bottom of the pan to make it easier to clean up, little small but a good value

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for a tru-infrared guy, May 17, 2014
This review is from: Char-Broil Infusion Cooker (Lawn & Patio)
This is a worthwhile accessory for your infrared grill, it really does the job. Anyone using infrared BBQs knows that the temperatures get very hot quickly so it's important to keep liquid in the bottom of the cooker all of the time. Some reviewers complain about it not having a handle on the lid. This was intentionally omitted for idiots like me that would get burned lifting the cover off. Just use a spatula in the slots for lifting the cover !! One thing very important to warn you is the sharp edges on all of the pieces - BE VERY CAREFUL when handling each piece of the grill. Feet or nubbins on the bottom of the pan would have been nice, just to keep the entire pan from sliding around on the grates of the grill - this could be a hazard if not careful. All in all, it's something I'm going to use a lot of when I cook outdoors on my BBQ.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better way to cook on the grill, July 20, 2014
This review is from: Char-Broil Infusion Cooker (Lawn & Patio)
We purchased two of these cookers to reduce the mess on the grill. The food was cooked perfectly [two different chicken recipes] with a brown edge, juicy flavor, and it was consistently cooked to the bone. Wood chips were added in the bottom to add flavor; however, the chips did not seem to add anything beyond the marinade used. Our medium to small size grill held the two cookers with room left for steaks on the side; so, they are not very large [other reviews had warned about the size]. The only drawback for us was that the cookers were still difficult to clean. We tried several tools and products to remove the grease and charred bits of food. We still think the cookers are better than just using the grill rack, and the food is easy to remove for serving.

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works, August 24, 2014
This review is from: Char-Broil Infusion Cooker (Lawn & Patio)
This thing is great. I had my doubts but I needed something that I could use with my little gas grill when we were camping and this was the only thing I could find that appeared would work. I tested the cooker with an average size whole chicken and followed the manufactures instructions regarding the preheating of the grill and cooked for the recommended time. Perfect! I could not have asked for better. I did line the bottom of the Cooker with foil, which was suggested somewhere, and it made cleanup a breeze. On Char-Broil's web site they have several recipes for various items, which should be very helpful for my future tests. This thing works folks!

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy Little Roaster, May 11, 2014
Lyndi (Bloomington, IN, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Char-Broil Infusion Cooker (Lawn & Patio)
I have been having fun cooking on my grill with the Char-Broil Infusion Cooker. It turns out delicious Cornish Hens and chickens and ribs, etc. very quickly. The food is cooked perfectly. The only drawback is that the cooker is small. I don't know why they didn't make it an inch bigger on all sides. I'm going to buy a second cooker, as one is just not quite big enough. Maybe that's why they make it so small - so that a person needs to buy two!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›