5.0 out of 5 stars easy to follow instructions...
i was assembling my BBQ and at the same time converted to natural gas. extremely simple procedure...all of the diagrams were easy to follow. if i can do it, anybody can...
Published 18 months ago by Ed R Copra

3.0 out of 5 stars Save your money.
Published on November 22, 2009 by R. Collins

3.0 out of 5 stars Save your money., November 22, 2009
This review is from: Char-Broil Natural Gas Conversion Kit (Lawn & Patio)
I bought my Char Broil Quantum Grill planning on converting it to natural gas. I read that you could do the conversion yourself easily. I found directions on the internet on how to drill out the gas jets. I'm a do-it-yourself person but this didn't sound like a great idea. So I bought this conversion kit. It was easy to install and it works fine that gets it 3 stars. Why only 3 stars?

Here's what's in the kit: a gas hose with quick connect, a wrench, decorative valve bezels and directions. It turns out that the Char Broil Quantum "dual fuel" grills are built for natural gas and they add little fittings to convert them to propane. You lift out the burners, use the wrench to remove the little brass fittings, put the burners back on and hook up the gas hose. Done. I could have visited my local hardware store and done it myself safely for about $10.

Don't get me wrong, I love the grill and the kit works fine but - save your money.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to follow instructions..., March 2, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Low Price for All that you get - easy install, June 13, 2012
This review is from: Char-Broil Natural Gas Conversion Kit (Lawn & Patio)
Paid only $42.00 for the kit and it came with all the items you need to convert to natural gas for a Charbroil BBQ. For comparison, I checked out the prices at the local hardware store and the Converter only came with the gas hose and was over $10.00 more. It was also easy to convert. Just removed the jets, replaced the LP hose and chance the silver NG rings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super easy to do, don't forget you need pipe dope too., May 26, 2013
This review is from: Char-Broil Natural Gas Conversion Kit (Lawn & Patio)
The conversion is very simple. Dual fuel grills are really natural gas grills adapted for propane. The conversion process removes a restrictive nipple from each valve and then swaps out the tube that goes to the propane tank for a tube that connects to your house. Keep in mind the conversion kit is a 3/8" tube, in my case, my house has a 1/2" tube coming out of the wall so I also needed an adapter for the quick connect valve.

In addition to the conversion kit, you'll also need gas line rated pipe dope (Rectorseal 25790 1-3/4-Ounce Tube No.5 Pipe Thread Sealant) or teflon tape (Oatey 31403 Yellow GAS/TFE Tape, Dispenser Pack, 1/2-Inch x 260-Inch). Not sure which to use? Most plumbers use pipe dope when dealing with gas. It's easy to use, spread it around the pipe thread before you screw the quick connect to the pipe coming out of the wall.

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!, June 13, 2013
This review is from: Char-Broil Natural Gas Conversion Kit (Lawn & Patio)
So I just bought a new house with a natural gas line built into the patio, and I wanted to hook up my propane Tru-Infrared grill to it. I figured, I better follow the instructions exactly to keep from blowing myself up whilst grilling, and buy this conversion kit.

Complete waste of money. all this contained were some new (used) bevels that were worn out (you don't even need these things anyway, just leave the old ones on), a Quick disconnect hose and adapter, and a tool to pull out the old orifices from the grill. You can get all these parts for about 15 bucks at the hardware store anyway. I still had to go out to the hardware store to buy a converter that the hose adapter would fit, and gas line tape to keep it from leaking. You can remove the old orifices with any socket wrench (i forget the size, but you do not need this tool). The only thing i did really, was pay 70 bucks for a set of instructions on how to convert. Now that i know how, I wish I could help all of you that are considering buying this. I'm not much of a great "DIY-er" but this was TOO easy. Save yourself some money, do internet research and hook that bad boy grill up yourself with some hardware store parts.

5.0 out of 5 stars So nice, March 6, 2013
M. JEANFREAU "Music Man" (Portland, OR United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Char-Broil Natural Gas Conversion Kit (Lawn & Patio)
Very nice to be able to turn the Propane grill into one that uses my natural gas from the house. Easy to install, and no more trips to fill propane tanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Too easy, February 13, 2013
This review is from: Char-Broil Natural Gas Conversion Kit (Lawn & Patio)
If you have the right "natural" gas ready grill, it's too easy.
1) A little Teflon tape on the threaded fitting and snugged up tight using two wrenches
2) Change out the blanks behind the knobs ( a couple of screws each)
3) Remove the existing orifices to the burners
4) test connections with soapy water for leaks
5) You're ready to grill using an infinite source of Nat gas.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, August 30, 2013
This review is from: Char-Broil Natural Gas Conversion Kit (Lawn & Patio)
Great alternative to re-fillable propane tanks. Never run out of propane!! My neighbors now want to do the same thing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great natural gas conversion kit, December 10, 2012
This review is from: Char-Broil Natural Gas Conversion Kit (Lawn & Patio)
I got it the next day and it was very easy to install. No more gas bottles. Works great too!

4.0 out of 5 stars Char-Broil Natural Gas Conversion Kit, June 17, 2011
This review is from: Char-Broil Natural Gas Conversion Kit (Lawn & Patio)
I bought this with a dual fuel Char-Broil gas grill. It had great instructions (the pictures were very helpful) and my husband and I were able to hook it up in a snap. It loss one star because the coloration of the burner bezels, they were made with dull life less metal (they look cheap). We were instructed to use the ones in the kit (they have the words natural gas printed on them), but they are not as nice as the ones that came with the grill. I don't think it would hurt if you just left the ones that came with the grill in place.

Char-Broil Natural Gas Conversion Kit