5.0 out of 5 stars What a find.
I am so glad that I found Character Sketches. I was debating on the purchase because of the price however, when the book arrived and I saw the size I was impressed. I plan on using it in our homeschool. When the book came, the kids wanted to read it right away (it was summer when it arrived!). We are all enjoying the stories.
Published on August 11, 2008 by homeschool mom to 6

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware
This series of books is put out by Bill Gothard. Do some internet searches about Gothard's cult, his misuse of scripture, allegations of sexual misconduct, and spiritual abuse before investing a dime in this series.
Published 17 months ago by Homeschooling Mama

5.0 out of 5 stars What a find., August 11, 2008
homeschool mom to 6 (Adams County, pa United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changing, July 23, 2008
This review is from: Character Sketches Volume 1 (Hardcover)
This book and the others in the series of three absolutely changed my life. To see how God's Creation all ties into His will and purpose for us and to see the character traits of animals, birds, etc. allows me to desire more of who He desires me to be.

These books have been a special part of our family time together. If we don't know and appreciate what God has created besides man, then we cannot truly know who God is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly favored, September 22, 2010
This review is from: Character Sketches Volume 1 (Hardcover)
I highly recommend these Character Sketches. They are quality hardback large books with slip cases. MOre important than that, the material in them is trully a revelation. A great animal science textbook with great life lessons taught in parralel as well as bible characters who displayed the "character" traits which single out a particular animal. I find my husband as well as children often reading them. They are truly a treasure.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great selection, February 5, 2009
This review is from: Character Sketches Volume 1 (Hardcover)
The book is great. It has many wonderful ideas that as a teacher I can institute into my classroom when I am working on building character with my students. They love learning about all the different animals!

5.0 out of 5 stars I remember it 20 years later, May 7, 2013
This review is from: Character Sketches Volume 1 (Hardcover)
I went to a private A.C.E. school as a child, my principal read one of these stories aloud during our Wednesday chapel. I recently contacted him and asked him about it and he still has it all these years later. :) I remember the stories, I remember the character traits and I believe I have a better understanding of those character traits and how to impliment them BECAUSE of these books. They are big, sturdy and have great pictures. Great for homeschool, Sunday School or just family reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finding God in His Creations, December 16, 2008
This review is from: Character Sketches Volume 1 (Hardcover)
A friend of mine had loaned her copy of this book to me. She is a homeschooling mom and raised 4 fine young men. This was one of many books she and her husband used to teach them examples of how God expects us to grow in character.

I was intrigued by the many examples of the animals and the appeal by the author to become mighty in spirit. My children are grown and married, but I felt like they should have this book to supplement teaching their children someday(but they have to have them first!). But my son-in-law is a preacher of the gospel, and I could envision it helping him in teaching and preaching. He received it for a gift and really likes it!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an incredible tool for teaching children/teens the value ..., September 13, 2014
This review is from: Character Sketches Volume 1 (Hardcover)
This is an incredible tool for teaching children/teens the value of character. While learning about the characteristics of the wild world around us, we can learn about Biblical characters who either got it wrong or right in their personal lives.

5.0 out of 5 stars The volume that started the Charactor Sketched series., June 25, 2014
This review is from: Character Sketches Volume 1 (Hardcover)
This first issue is full of beautiful sketches of wildlife, their natural history; plus moral attributes from the bible. A third book of this series is also available.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware, September 25, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars More than I expected!, August 25, 2011
This review is from: Character Sketches Volume 1 (Hardcover)
Well I haven't read any of this book yet but I have to say that the quality is amazing! It is a heavy duty book that will last many, many years to come. I was hesitant about spending $39 for it at first. But the quality is there to justify the price!

Character Sketches Volume 1
Character Sketches Volume 1 by Institute in Basic Life Principles (Hardcover - January 1, 1976)
$49.00 $35.96