5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome set!
Published 19 months ago by D. K. White

1.0 out of 5 stars Erroneous beliefs are the basis of IBLP teachings.
Published 8 months ago by Gracious Gifts from God

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome set!, December 1, 2012
D. K. White (near St. Cloud, MN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Character Sketches Volume 3 (Hardcover)
I have purchased several of these set of three books. This is Volume 3. I first ran across these in a church library. I had always hoped to get a set for my own home. When I became internet savy, that was made possible! I have gotten a set for each of our four kids and I've also been giving them as sets to siblings for their kids and grandkids. These books help make learning about spiritual things very interesting. My sister actually uses hers for devotions at a nursing home where she is a chaplin.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Character Sketches is the third edition to the series., May 28, 2014
This review is from: Character Sketches Volume 3 (Hardcover)
The drawings and Natural History of the animals include within are beautiful! Tying it together with the creation by God is memorable. A wonderful coffee table sized book.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful reatding and keeps your attention, March 3, 2014
This review is from: Character Sketches Volume 3 (Hardcover)
I recommend it for you to read. Great illustrations. Great book. will keep your interest throughout! I recommend it for you to read. Great illustrations. Great book. will keep your interest throughout!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series, March 3, 2014
This review is from: Character Sketches Volume 3 (Hardcover)
I use this for our homeschooling and my kids along with my husband and I love reading it and have bought the rest of the volumes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Collection is now complete., March 12, 2013
This review is from: Character Sketches Volume 3 (Hardcover)
We attended the Institute in Basic Life classes when they were offered and we purchased all the books. This is one that was published after we attended and I was so glad to find it on Amazon. Our collection is now complete.

1.0 out of 5 stars Erroneous beliefs are the basis of IBLP teachings., October 21, 2013
This review is from: Character Sketches Volume 3 (Hardcover)
I have researched Gothard and IBLP, and found so many erroneous Biblical representations that it made me sick to the stomach...literally. Especially when I would think about the thousands and thousands of good Christian people whom have fallen and will continue to fall into this trap. Not everything that shares Scriptures is worthwhile, many things are dangerous. When the meanings of Scriptures are twisted, taken out of context and given false represenatation, it is downright dangerous to people's faith. This is where false teachings happen, and cults arise from!...the twisting of Scripture. Any thorough, prayerful investigation on Gothard/IBLP by intelligent persons...using their own materials and Bible...will reveal so many false things in his teachings and core beliefs that influence it, that one would RUN from using any of their materials...especially with ones precious children whom they are responsible to sharing the truth with and not leading astray. One does not even need to look at other websites to see the truth. In fact, it is much better to look at things yourself, and see for yourself if it in truth aligns with Scripture. Of course, this can take some time, depending on ones maturity. The book "A Matter of Basic Principals" can be a very helpful guide if one wants help in where to begin their search. Just be sure to look at things yourself, and come to your own conclusion. I personally know people who have fallen into the trap of IBLP teachings...it is a dangerous place to go. Please be diligent in your research.

Character Sketches Volume 3
Character Sketches Volume 3 by Institute in Basic Life Principles (Hardcover - January 1, 1985)
$49.00 $39.03