Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

50%
50%
Format: Paperback|Change

on July 23, 2011
At a time when all the news we hear about health care is negative - rising costs, decreasing services, severe skill shortages -it's nice to uncover this gem of a book. Portraits of Exemplary Physicians is just that - stories of doctors who won the AMA Foundation Pride in the Profession Award. The book profiles 14 of these winners, with each one well-written, compelling and inspiring. We are given a glimpse of the life stories behind the top-notch doctors - why they chose medicine, the obstacles they faced (and overcame), their contribution to medicine, and their words of wisdom. The insights are pulled out in text boxes, offering a helpful guide for reading. I would recommend this book to anyone seeking inspiration and role models - regardless of life or career path!
on August 26, 2013
I am a 3rd year medical student and I like this book a lot. It gives good insight into the profession and about doctors that have made a big difference. Very inspirational. The only thing I didn't like was the introduction...it seemed longer than it needed to be and technical. But I understand why its necessary so the reader gets a sense of how the author is interviewing these doctors. After I got past the intro I loved the book. I highly recommend it to other medical students.