5.0 out of 5 stars Two thumbs up
Published 21 months ago by Daniel Fiedler

3.0 out of 5 stars Characters of Wisdom review
I was disappointed. I was expecting more 'story-like' tales on the points hinting at why they acted as they did.
Published 2 months ago by James E Chaffee

5.0 out of 5 stars Two thumbs up, February 1, 2013
This review is from: Characters of Wisdom - Taoist Tales of the Acupuncture Points (Kindle Edition)
For a look into the ancient practice of Chinese medicine through the lens of 5 element acupuncture this is a must have. You can tell she was trained in TCM as well as being taught at one of JR Worsley's schools. The way the author explains the spiritual aspect of the points the physical indications would make more sense as well as why the points are named what they are. This book has been very helpful to understand the points chosen by my 5 element practitioner and also helps give me deeper insight when I treat my clients mind, body and spirit

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and Lyrical Book, December 21, 2013
This book is one of the most beautiful books I have ever read. Describes the esoteric meanings of the five elements and the acupuncture points. I can only say it's a rare treasure and a joy to read. A journey through an inner world.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely point translations, table of contents not available, April 27, 2013
E. Brandt (Columbia MD USA) - See all my reviews
The translations of the point names are inspiring. I have studied classical Chinese, and she backs up most of her translations very well. I have used many of these translations in talking to my acupuncture patients about their treatments, and I think Kaatz brings out excellent nuances in the meanings of the points.

One of the reasons that I bought this book for Kindle was so that I could quickly find a point in the clinic. The lack of a table of contents function means that I can't quickly get to a given meridian or point. The only way to find a particular point is to search for it by typing it into the search box, which takes more time. So the book is less useful in clinic than I had hoped. The addition of the ability to click on a list of the points to get to the point you want would be a very valuable addition.

4.0 out of 5 stars helpful read, January 3, 2014
Great for the CM practitioner or student, especially if interested in 5 element style acupuncture. I have not finished it, but enjoy what I have read.

4.0 out of 5 stars great as an e book, July 13, 2013
This text is a reminder to all practitioners of 5 element acupuncture that the system is based on the assessment and treatment of a patient's body mind spirit. The book presents a very clear and concise approach to the essential tenets of the 5 e approach that will help the student or the practitioner connect or re-connect to this holistic therapy. It also presents some interesting ideas about the nature and use of many of the acupoints commonly used.Highly recommended. It is very accessible as an e book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Characters of Wisdom review, August 24, 2014