Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Charcoal Companion Non-Stick Reversible Roasting / Rib Rack - CC3001
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on June 20, 2011
Even though this rack arrived with a broken weld on one of the dividing joints, it still worked fine and was easy to clean. It needs to be pointed out that you wouldn't want to fill all the slots with ribs in a 22.5" weber because some of the ribs would be directly over the coals. I could do 4 racks of baby backs and that is more than enough for 99.9% of my needs. I haven't tried the roasting side yet, but I'm sure it is also easy to clean. Had it not been for the bad weld, this would have received a 5 star rating.

Product update 9/24/2012. After about 5 or 6 uses at least half of the welds broke rendering it useless. If the welds were good the 5 star rating would still apply, but I'm going to have NOT Recommend this product due to the shoddy workmanship.
on January 10, 2011
First off, let me say that I am an avid griller and smoker, so I usually have high expectations for things I buy. I usually smoke ribs, so that is the type of application my review will center around. While I haven't used it for such purposes, it does appear to be well made for roasts or BBQ Butts except for the aforementioned sticking issue.

This rack is very well made and sturdy. It says it has a non-stick coating, but you will need to treat it as if it does not. The rack heats up faster than the meat, so meat will pretty much stick to it wherever it touches unless it is treated with some oil. The first three racks of ribs I put on the rack (without treating it) got pretty well torn up trying to get them off.

When used as a rib rack, the dividers are not very tall nor do they have a lot of space between them, so if you want the best results with your ribs (especially spareribs), you will need to leave an empty slot between each rack to give the smoke a chance to surround the ribs. Also, the rack is a little small for spareribs. If you are doing spares, you may need a second rack, one for each end. It works well for baby back ribs, though, as far as size.

You may also want to slide a metal grate (such as a cooling rack) into the dividers with the spareribs to give them some more support as the ribs tend to flop over the top.

Overall a good addition to an avid griller/smoker's cooking arsenal. I recommend it to my friends that come over who want to get a smoker.
on August 26, 2013
I bought one of these and did 4 spare ribs to test it out. The ends of the ribs were somewhat hard to keep upright because the rack itself was not really long enough for full length spare ribs. If you cut them in half, this rack would work great for 3 slabs of spare ribs at a time.

I then cooked 6 slabs using one rack and the ribs really leaned on each other. I ended up cutting the breastbone off the slabs and using them as spacers between the slabs. This seemed to space them well but was not ideal.

I ordered a second one of these and it did the trick for 6 full slabs (25 lbs) of spare ribs at a time. They spaced and stood up very well in the rack. The 6 slabs fit nicely on my 29" X 20" grill. (see my pictures on Amazon product page). Without this product I could only cook 2-3 slabs at a time on the same grill.

The non stick surface is still fully intact after using these 3 times. I never cooked over 250F so there was no reason for the non stick to fail. Anything over 250F is not really ideal for cooking ribs and if you plan to use high direct heat or direct fire you will most likely destroy the non-stick material. I use indirect heat from a side fire box so the rib rack is not subjected to high direct heat or fire.

All the welds on this product were solid when they arrived and are still solid after these uses. The wire this rack is made out of is just little bigger than a USB plug that goes into a computer device. It is also about the same thickness as the power cord to your computer.

Cleanup was a little slow due to the size and shape of this device, not the materials. It did require a little soaking when I did not spray it with oil in one use but still cleaned up.

I would recommend this product to a friend and even bought a second one after seeing how well it worked the first time.
review image review image
on May 31, 2008
the rack is very sturdy and versatile. Be sure to spray with oil before using or food will stick and is difficult to remove.
on March 12, 2010
This sturdy grill/oven rack will hold 3 racks of baby back or spare ribs if you cut them in half. The height of the arches supports the ribs well and are wide enough to handle beef ribs as well as pork. Reverse it, and it will easily hold a roast, whole poultry or ham and fit into a 9x13 pan if desired. While the rack is coated and generously labeled "non-stick," be sure to spray or wipe it with oil before use to make cleanup easier.
on September 10, 2013
I don't know where you get your ribs from but I get mine from a butcher so they are long full size racks. This rack would be great if i were to cut each of the racks in half, ended up just bending them to fit in another slot on the rack. How many more times can I use the word rack? I do like that you can flip it over for a roast which would make handling it that much easier. For the price I am really not unhappy with the product but like i said it doesn't work ideally for the size of rib racks i get.
on August 28, 2015
I used to be able to fit two racks of ribs on my barbecue grill, but now I can get up to six racks going all together. I bought two of these so I can put them side by side and fit the full rack without one or both ends sagging over. These are the best I've used, and I've tried 4 different styles. The non-stick coating and simple lines means really fast cleanup. The other styles required soaking in dishwasher soap solution for overnight AND detail scrubbing the next morning. I used on last year for a turkey rack with equally good results and fast cleanup. The non-stick coating also means it's easier to pull the ribs/roast/turkey off the rack to flip. This used to be a two person job with the other rack styles especially when the ribs would sag and the meat would stick to the wire uprights. These racks appear to be aluminum with teflon coating and are much sturdier than the thinner steel rack styles I've tried.
on March 3, 2014
Amazon has this product at a wide range of prices from a variety of suppliers and a variety of finishes. I bought this because of the price ($9.51) and I couldn't be more pleased. It has a non-stick finish that cleans up quickly without scrubbing. It's available in copper and stainless as well and prices range from about $10.00 to around $75.00. Currently the price of this one is a little over $12.00 and in my opinion, that's the one to get.

My grill will only handle four racks of ribs at a time if I cook them flat on the grill grate but using this rack, and by turning the ribs on their sides, I can cook six racks at a time. I usually eat a rack, give a rack to my neighbor and freeze the other four for quick tasty meals later on. The cooked ribs freeze well and this rack makes it possible to stock up on ribs for the freezer so I get a bunch of meals from one grilling session.

It can also be reversed for cooking roasts but I haven't tried that yet. This is a great value even though the price is up a bit.
on February 21, 2013
I bought two of these racks for doing ribs and smoking homemade pork belly bacon on my Weber 22.5 inch charcoal kettle. Only one would fit on it and I thought I had "overspent" getting two of them. Then I did my Thanksgiving turkey on the Weber. Best turkey I've ever made and maybe the best turkey I've ever eaten! Two thirds of the way through smoking/cooking the turkey, I flipped it over so the turkey breast was down. With two of these, it was very simple! Just flipped the second rack upside down and put it over the turkey sitting in the first rack. The handles matched, so it was easy to grip both. Then picked the turkey up with both racks, rotated the turkey on its horizontal axis, being careful to keep it over the roasting pan so any juices that came out were caught in the pan. For a small to medium turkey, under 17 or 18 pounds, it works like a champ! And my Thanksgiving turkey was good enough that I was asked to do turkeys for a local group's Christmas party. This rib rack plus injecting the turkeys with compound butter made me quite the reputation!

It works fine for ribs, thugh I wish it were a bit "taller", same for chunks of pork belly, as they an droop depending on the size of the cut. Still we use it regularly and I'm very happy I have the two racks. It functions well and it is sturdy. That it is reversible for doing roasts, pork shoulders, and turkeys really makes it better than many racks out there. I would buy them again after using them for almost a year.

I expect to keep using these racks when I move to a "cabinet" style smoker in the future. I'd give these a 9 on a scale of 10.
on October 13, 2015
I use this in my ceramic smoker to cook pork ribs. You flip it upside down to do that. Other side to hold a roast or maybe vegetables. Mine is 4 or 5 years old and it looks new having used it once a month or so.

See 1 answered question