4.0 out of 5 stars Charcoal Companion Porcelain Coated Grill
The porcelain grill arrived promptly. Packing was ok, and i had abit of porcelain "chipped" off the edges. Honestly, i doubt it was chipped during shipping, more of a lack of QC, but since its at a non food contact location, i just turned a blind eye to it (its near the handle).

Published on September 9, 2011 by icebear

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality
The porcelain coating is very cheap and was already chipped off in multiple places right out of the box. I returned it and ordered the Weber Profession Grade 6435. The Weber piece is great quality. Amazon provided a prompt refund of the returned item.
Published on October 25, 2010 by T. Deck

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Charcoal Companion Porcelain Coated Grill, September 9, 2011
This review is from: Charcoal Companion Porcelain-Coated Grilling Grid - CC3079 (Lawn & Patio)

Tried it out on a charcoal grill, the non stick is not perfect, but all i needed was alittle oil to smooth things along. Just a small brush of oil will do, you do not need huge amounts of oil (less flaring and healthier!). Generally satisfied with the grid, but i wished i had bought the bigger version! I had underestimated the size i required. Great for "stir frying" vegetables and smaller slices of meat.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, October 25, 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars outdoor grill pan, January 11, 2010
nice pan for grilling vegetables, fish and other small items, good for cooking small servings for 2.

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed, a bit hard to clean, August 22, 2011
Rocksister "tee" (Easley, SC United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this to go on my small grill. As I am an empty nester, I don't use my large grill any more. This was purchased so that I could safely put items such as shish kabobs on the grill without losing pieces through the grill's rack. It works well; however, the first use entailed the use of marinade, which grilled up to a nice hard black coating, which required a lot of soaking and scrubbing. I was afraid I'd hurt the porcelain coating, but it held up like a champ! This is a good size for a small grill overall, and good for a large one to put on the side for smaller items. You could grill scallops using this and not have to worry about losing them. Also chicken strips sometimes tend to shrink and fall through a normal grill rack. Using this you don't have to worry about that. I'd buy this again, and might buy one for my brother in law, who has a huge gas grill. We used this on his grill at the lake and it did a great job! Just soak in hot soapy water after using, and it will come clean. A little ammonia added to the water will hasten the process.

5.0 out of 5 stars Porcelain-Coated Grilling Grid, March 4, 2014
I almost did not buy this because of some of the reviews. In fact I bought this and a stainless-steel grilling grid just in case the reviews were correct. Well the grill works great, it is just what we wanted for grilling fish, scallops and shrimp. I use it in small smoker type grill and it works great. Let it warm up and coat it with a little olive oil and whatever you are filling does not stick. To clean it, I just soak it overnight and it cleans right up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great but check size!, October 15, 2012
Suthrn (El Segundo, CA) - See all my reviews
This is a fairly small grid...about 1/3 of a normal gas grill. It will fit on your rack above and take about 1/2 or 1/3 of the main rack. Doesn't hold many vegetables, but does the trick if you are only feeding 2-3 people.

The quality seems to be good though, and I've had no issues with it. I'd recommend!

3.0 out of 5 stars not quite grilling, October 1, 2012
I'm not sure exactly what I was expecting, but using this grid is not quite like grilling. It kind of shields whatever you're cooking, and keeps it from getting the full radiant heat from the grill. I had bought it for grilling vegetables without them falling through the grill grate (on a propane grill), but the result was lacking the flavor and complexity of the same vegetables that had been put directly on the grill. Still better than if I had oven-roasted or pan-fried the veggies, but they didn't have the same finish as the ones directly on the grill. I think I will still use this grid for roasting the more difficult veggies or possibly fish, because the non-stick surface and small holes really do keep things from sticking or falling into the fire, but I don't think I'll use it as much as I had originally intended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent new kitchen tool!, August 9, 2012
Rosalie Grace Heacock Thompson (Cloudcroft, NM United States) - See all my reviews
I like to roast home-grown chilis and other small veggies, which until now have fallen through my gas grill's grate. Now that I have this new grilling grid, nothing is lost. It's very easily cleaned, as well. Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars I had specifically looked for a grill pan that was ..., July 5, 2014
I had specifically looked for a grill pan that was dishwasher safe. The Amazon product description lists this as dishwasher safe, but the product packaging upon arrival clearly states NOT dishwasher safe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, July 1, 2014
perfect BBQ companion for fish, shrimp etc. Keeps them from getting stuck on grill but still absorbs flavor from wood, etc. Recommended highly. After scraping clean, does well in the dishwasher.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›