5.0 out of 5 stars It does one thing and it does it well!
This cable connects my 3DS XL to my mobile battery pack and charges the 3DS for me. Just connect and it simply works.
How can I ask for more? :D - A very happy customer.
Published 11 months ago by John Huang

3.0 out of 5 stars Works, but I wouldn't buy it as a gift...
...because the packaging reeks of "cheap Chinese knock-off."

Going by the Amazon description, this thing works exactly as advertised. The cord is 48 inches long. It charges my 3DS, even from a low-power computer USB port.

Published 13 months ago by Jonathan

3.0 out of 5 stars Works, but I wouldn't buy it as a gift..., December 20, 2013
Jonathan (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: USB Charge Cable for Nintendo 3DS/DSi/XL (Video Game)
...because the packaging reeks of "cheap Chinese knock-off."

Now, if you're getting this for yourself, that's all well and good. But the packaging this thing comes in... ugh. Let me run down a list of the lowlights.

-It repeatedly says it's designed to work with the "Di Donsole." The words Nintendo, DS, DSi and 3DS don't appear anywhere.
-It claims that it's able to transfer data. The 3DS can't do it through that port.
-It makes reference in the warnings to several things I shouldn't do to a nonexistent "vertical stand."
-Bad grammar that makes those Nigerian scam mails look like they were written by Emerson ("Do not mixed the mess" and "under straight of sunshine" for example)

It's a shame, because the cable itself seems to be really good. That packaging though... I would really question this if I got it as a gift, no matter how useful it is.

Update: After several months of use the outer insulation is starting to separate from the cable near the 3DS connector. Nothing a piece of electrical tape couldn't fix, but unless you always keep that portion of the cable straight you can probably expect yours to start doing the same. Consequently, I've knocked the review down from 4 stars to 3 stars for poor quality that was not initially apparent.

1.0 out of 5 stars Well I mean what can I say, really?, February 19, 2014
This review is from: USB Charge Cable for Nintendo 3DS/DSi/XL (Video Game)
It says USB Charge Cable for Nintendo 3DS/DSi/XL, does not charge my XL. It makes the orange light come on for about a second and then just stops working.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does one thing and it does it well!, February 18, 2014
This review is from: USB Charge Cable for Nintendo 3DS/DSi/XL (Video Game)
How can I ask for more? :D - A very happy customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super useful, February 7, 2014
This review is from: USB Charge Cable for Nintendo 3DS/DSi/XL (Video Game)
While I am mildly disappointed with the 3DS not coming with a USB cable itself, this cheap little accessory compliments the system fantastically. I have an external, portable USB battery bank that I use with the cable all the time. It charges just as fast as any other cable should. It's a decent length, but nothing too long if you plan to be plugged into a desktop or a wall outlet. Speaking of, it charges with all of those just fine, too. No data transfer, but that was not promised nor is it necessary for my purposes at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a cable, it charges your 3ds, January 4, 2014
This review is from: USB Charge Cable for Nintendo 3DS/DSi/XL (Video Game)
The cable works fine. It has a slightly loose fit, otherwise, it would be five stars.

I would buy one again for the price though.

5.0 out of 5 stars great replacement, January 1, 2014
This review is from: USB Charge Cable for Nintendo 3DS/DSi/XL (Video Game)
I needed a cheap charger replacement after my dumb dog chewed the original one. I hook this up to my iPhone block and recharge it that way and it works great.

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work half the time, December 27, 2013
This review is from: USB Charge Cable for Nintendo 3DS/DSi/XL (Video Game)
Mine worked for the first month, but after that, started having problems. It works in some USB ports on my computer, but not others. It would mysteriously start working on some USB ports, which wouldn't work before, and it would stop working on others. Sometimes it starts working when I wiggle it around, and sometimes it doesn't. I've used lots of USB chargers and never had this problem.

I've tried it on my home computer, a friend's laptop, my laptop, and my work computer; the problems described above happened with all of them. I don't mind too much, since it does charge when I pick the right USB port, but I have no idea if it's damaging my USB ports.

I ended up using the official Nintendo charger my 3DS XL came with, which works 100% of the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what it Says, October 29, 2013
This review is from: USB Charge Cable for Nintendo 3DS/DSi/XL (Video Game)
Works great if you lost your original cable; good for on the go charging in the car or from your own laptop.

5.0 out of 5 stars USB charger for DS, September 8, 2013
This review is from: USB Charge Cable for Nintendo 3DS/DSi/XL (Video Game)
I like this so I can charge my DSi xl and 3DS on my computer, does what it's supposed to and convenient plus it was cheap.

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD USB CHARGER FOR CAR,PC,LAPTOP, May 24, 2013
This review is from: USB Charge Cable for Nintendo 3DS/DSi/XL (Video Game)
Well it's a usb charger for your car or parents car for long trips for example, or plug it into your PC and charge it from there which you can charge your Nintendo dsi, dsi XL, 3ds, and 3ds XL and it does what it does! a charge for car or anything and plug it into a place where you charge and THERE YOU GO!

USB Charge Cable for Nintendo 3DS/DSi/XL