"A few months after the first edition of May and Kuehn's book was released, I met a Danish colleague at a conference in Montreux (on Lake Geneva). He had spent the weekend reading the book in his hotel room, despite the beautiful weather and nice sightseeing! This anecdote illustrates the sucess met by the first edition, and if you liked it, then you will like the second edition even more! ... the book provides a didactic and pedagogic presentation of molecular processes."
Prof. Majed Chergui, Laboratory of Ultrafast Spectroscopy, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, ChemPhysChem, 4/2005
From the Back Cover
While serving as an introduction for graduate students and researchers, this is equally a must-have reference for graduate students and experimentalists, as well as an aid to interpreting experimental data and accessing the original literature.
From the contents:
- Electronic and Vibrational Molecular States.
- Dynamics and Isolated and Open Quantum Systems
- Interaction of Molecular Systems with Radiation Fields.
- Vibrational Dynamics: Energy Redistribution, Relaxation, and Dephasing.
- Intramolecular Electronic Transitions
- Electron Transfer
- Proton Transfer
- Excitation Energy Transfer