Acer Iconia A510-10k32u 10.1-Inch Tablet (Olympic Edition-Black)
Used & New from: $220.00
Charge via external USB adapters Hi everyone,

did anyone test whether a proper external USB charger (for a car, solar pannel, external battery pack) is able to charge the A510? In the manual it says this doesn't work, but I'm assuming this is due to the fact that the computer USB port delivers only 500mA.
Can anyone who already received one check/confirm?

Thanks
Christoph
asked by C. Buchwald on April 19, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
vote
It doesn't work on regular phone charger. The AC-DC adapter specs is output: 12v 1.5a (18w). Regular USB phone and iPad charger is rated at 5V output 1amp ~ 2.1AMP (10w) which is not enough to charge the tablet. Most people made the mistake by not checking the required specs before using their own USB charger.
SafetyMan answered on April 24, 2012

A
votes
Thanks for the reply. This is very helpful information!
C. Buchwald answered on April 24, 2012

A
votes
Have you actually tried a standard microUSB charger, so see if it will charge at a slow rate?
ARF answered on April 24, 2012

A
votes
I've tried charging mine with normal microUSB because I thought I'd gotten a bad AC adapter and the normal microUSB's won't register as charging and didn't seem to raise the power at all. Luckily for me, it turned out the AC adapter just has an odd proprietary plug that needed to be pushed slightly harder to click into place the first time, so I'm able to charge, but yeah, it was a bit of a disappointment to realize that it can't charge off of the same USB stuff all my other electronics use.
Allen answered on April 25, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›