Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Generic I4USB USB Sync Charger Adapter Cable for Apple iPod Shuffle 4th Gen
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on June 9, 2012
The product I received came in new packaging and and appeared correct, so I excitedly opened it and plugged in my 4th Gen iPOD Shuffle. A red led came on on the Shuffle, I believe to indicate an error. I grabbed my wife's 2nd Gen iPod Shuffle and plugged in into the cable... "ba-bing" as iTubes opened up automaticly and recognized the 2nd Gen Shuffle. I give it one star because this was a waste of money for me as I was looking to replace my lost 4th Gen cable. This cable was a let down for my needs.
on June 2, 2012
I was nervous at first because the product I received did not resemble the image shown. The image is of the actual charge/communication adapter sold with the iPod Shuffle 2G, 4th Gen, but the product is a Smavco approximation with a longer cord. That said, I am currently using the product to upload music files to my iPod shuffle. I was also nervous when I first plugged the iPod into my computer's USB port and no light came on, but that only lasted for a second. This is probably because the computer was attempting to recognize the device.

I could have knocked the company for the image dissimilarity by offering a 4 star review instead of 5, but as the product functions exactly as I need it to regardless, the look of the item is irrelevant. Nice product, fast shipping turn-around time. All around, a good purchase!
on October 6, 2012
I ordered two of these along with my 4th-gen iPod Shuffle in October of 2012. Despite externally appearing the same as the Apple cable that came with the iPod, neither of the third-party cables worked either to charge the unit or to use as a USB sync cable. They didn't cost enough to be worth the hassle of doing a return, but I'll mark them "2nd Gen Only" and put them in a junk box in case a friend has an older Shuffle.
on May 21, 2012
This product worked awesome on my Ipod shufle 4th gen. This product works whether you plug it in or on a computer which ever you like...
on November 26, 2012
I was willing to take a shot on this product because of the low price and a few reviewers who said it worked for them. It charged my two Ipod Shuffle 4th gens but did not sync either one which was a deal breaker for me, so I broke down and spent $20 for a two pack at an Apple store.
on December 20, 2012
Plugged in my ipod and nothing happened. Obviously it does not work for what it's being sold for. I guess I'll have to buy at the Apple store....
on August 15, 2013
I was happy that this product worked and charged my ipod shuffle. After the second time using this, I unplugged the USB by grabbing the white part and pulling. The metal part got stuck inside my laptop's USB port, leaving me with the white shell. So disappointed. But what's the alternative?
on March 5, 2013
My mom bought my daughter a 4th gen shuffle for her 7th birthday. Of course, the microscopic Apple-brand charger was the first thing to be lost. This is a decent, inexpensive replacement charger. It charges her shuffle. It is still just as small and easily lost, however.
on November 16, 2015
Cheap and works. What more do u want? Not sure about the bad reviews. I assume most that got bad reviews were purchased from 3rd party vendors on amazon. You can't go wrong when you buy items like this from Amazon directly. Don't try to save a buck and get it from a 3rd party. Amazon has a great return policy and they won't keep selling garbage that doesn't work like some 3rd party vendors.
on September 23, 2012
I ordered 3 of these for a 4th gen ipod shuffle and none of them worked. Complete misrepresentation and a total waste of time and energy. Awful product.

See 1 answered question