5.0 out of 5 stars Worked as expected
Published on April 7, 2012 by Dustin E. McCann

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not charge my Prime (TF201)
It came in a sealed, clear plastic packaging, has the clear stickers around the connectors like new cables usually are now, but off the back I noticed that there were fingerprint smudges on the metal connectors so it gave me the impression that this was probably used-- or it could be the fingerprint smudges of whoever managed the packaging.

When I connected my...
Published on June 7, 2012 by WG

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked as expected, April 7, 2012
This review is from: USB 3.0 Data Charger Cable for EeePad TF101 TF201 SL201 (Personal Computers)
I don't usually write reviews, but since this product has so few reviews, I decided to try to balance out the existing review. I was between this cable and the cable offered directly from Asus. Since this one was ~$12.50 or $7.50 cheaper, I opted for this cable. My original cable had never worked with my dock, and eventually stopped charging the tablet itself. At that point I ordered this cable, and selected two day shipping through Amazon prime. It actually arrived the next day! I plugged it in and it charged both the dock, and the tablet. Now I don't have to replace the dock, as I originally thought I would. I have the Asus Transformer Prime, so I cannot comment on the compatibility with the original Transformer.

Works great as a replacement for the OEM cable. Would definitely recommend. I am now very happily typing this review from my Transformer Prime!

EDIT: I've had this cable for about 8 months now, and it still works perfectly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not charge my Prime (TF201), June 7, 2012
WG (New York) - See all my reviews

When I connected my Asus Transformer Prime, the Prime couldn't pick the connection up, and I had it connected to a wall port, unless I pushed the connector in (the side connecting to the tablet, not the wall port), using force I shouldn't be using, the Prime would pick it up. The thing is, when it finally picks up the charging cable, it loses it again (so it wouldn't charge), I'm assuming after I let go from putting so much pressure on it.

It looks very similar to the original cable, but there's something about it that makes it feel cheaply made, probably the "loose" connector is what made it seem cheap to me, and perhaps made it seem like it's used as well. I know I paid basically $10 for it but I hoped it would at least charge my tablet. I probably received a faulty cable, who knows.

I'm wondering if I can get a new one shipped to me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked for about 10 charges, September 6, 2012
I have no qualms with the seller. The product shipped very quickly and even worked right out of the packaging. Unfortunately, it only worked for about 10 charges and now will not charge my tablet at all. Worse, plugging it into a data port on my PC (I was trouble-shooting whether it was the cable or USB a/c charger that was malfunctioning) overloaded the USB port on the PC. I definitely don't recommend buying this item.

3.0 out of 5 stars Product as stated, however despite the free shipping it was slow to come., November 24, 2012
We ordered two of these cords because our daughter's cord for her tablet broke. We figured since so cheap we would get two to avoid ever having problem again. Item came as stated and works perfectly as long as USB end plugs into only the charger that came with tablet. (Not sure if this is way it's supposed to be or not and frankly it's no big deal to us). However that being said, we didn't realize until after it was ordered and paid for that it was on the proverbial slow boat from China. Estimated shipment date was 30 days. That may have been the longest 30 days of our lives since that meant our daughter would "borrow" everyone else's electronics in the mean time. We would have gladly spent more $$ for a little more speed. When they said within the time frame, they were not joking it literally came one day early so that was a bit of a disappointment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works for data, requires genuine ASUS tablet charger for charging, May 13, 2012
Doesn't work as advertised, the data connection works (to my PC), but the tablet doesn't charge. I doubt this cable is defective, it looks fine, it must be some design/manufacturing flaw. Hopefully, I can get a refund.

Update:

Actually it does charge from generic USB chargers, but very, very, very slowly, and you can't use the tablet while it's charging. Aparantely, ASUS transformer needs 11-15 Volts, instead of the standard 5V to charge at normal rate, and to allow use of the tablet during charging. Original ASUS charger has a special pin, which tablet uses to tell the charger to increase the voltage (this way the charger can still output standard 5V for other devices). I am not sure if this cable supports that pin or not.

So, the solution is to buy genuine ASUS charger and cable, or if you like electrical DYI projects, to make a 12V USB charger yourself, from any standard 12V/1.0A+ charger and a barrel plug to female USB plug adapter. Either way, this sucks, and shame of ASUS for making the propriatary chargers which cost a few bucks or less to make so expensive.

1.0 out of 5 stars doesn't work, company won't respond for refund, September 29, 2012
With an item like this you can really only give it a 1 or 5 star rating. Received the item in a timely manner, plugged it in and it didn't work. Tried the AC adapter as well as connecting to a desktop. Also tried it with the keyboard dock we have for our tablet. Contacted the seller over a week ago for a refund or exchange, have not yet gotten a response, even an acknowledgement that my correspondence was received. Hopefully they are just backed up and will get to me soon. For now I can't recommend buying from this seller.

1.0 out of 5 stars First time using it, January 3, 2014
I bought this item going back about a month ago as a spare just in case i lost my wall charger, which in fact is the case. I never used this one in fact last night was the first time i even unwrapped it. It doesn't work at all. Im disappointed. I guess its my own fault for not checking right away but Im just glad I didnt spend alot. I would recommend going with something that does cost a few extra bucks instead of buying this and chances are it doesnt work. Internet is the only place ive seen this charger, my best buy/Walmart/target doesnt even carry it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy a better quality cable., March 27, 2014
The end that goes into the tablet came off on the first use. After about a dozen uses the wire inside became disconnected from the board. I had to solder the wire back on. This is a piece of junk. You get what you pay for.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work, April 6, 2014
This Data Charger Cable does not work on my EeePad TF101. This is the second on I have purchased and neither of them work.

1.0 out of 5 stars BROKEN!!! WASTE OF MONEY, March 28, 2014
totally broke... what a waste of money. I barely used it... I think this product is a junk.. did not charge my eedpad