Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: USB 3.0 Data Charger Cable for EeePad TF101 TF201 SL201
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on April 7, 2012
I don't usually write reviews, but since this product has so few reviews, I decided to try to balance out the existing review. I was between this cable and the cable offered directly from Asus. Since this one was ~$12.50 or $7.50 cheaper, I opted for this cable. My original cable had never worked with my dock, and eventually stopped charging the tablet itself. At that point I ordered this cable, and selected two day shipping through Amazon prime. It actually arrived the next day! I plugged it in and it charged both the dock, and the tablet. Now I don't have to replace the dock, as I originally thought I would. I have the Asus Transformer Prime, so I cannot comment on the compatibility with the original Transformer.

Works great as a replacement for the OEM cable. Would definitely recommend. I am now very happily typing this review from my Transformer Prime!

EDIT: I've had this cable for about 8 months now, and it still works perfectly.
on June 7, 2012
It came in a sealed, clear plastic packaging, has the clear stickers around the connectors like new cables usually are now, but off the back I noticed that there were fingerprint smudges on the metal connectors so it gave me the impression that this was probably used-- or it could be the fingerprint smudges of whoever managed the packaging.

When I connected my Asus Transformer Prime, the Prime couldn't pick the connection up, and I had it connected to a wall port, unless I pushed the connector in (the side connecting to the tablet, not the wall port), using force I shouldn't be using, the Prime would pick it up. The thing is, when it finally picks up the charging cable, it loses it again (so it wouldn't charge), I'm assuming after I let go from putting so much pressure on it.

It looks very similar to the original cable, but there's something about it that makes it feel cheaply made, probably the "loose" connector is what made it seem cheap to me, and perhaps made it seem like it's used as well. I know I paid basically $10 for it but I hoped it would at least charge my tablet. I probably received a faulty cable, who knows.

I'm wondering if I can get a new one shipped to me.
on May 13, 2012
Doesn't work as advertised, the data connection works (to my PC), but the tablet doesn't charge. I doubt this cable is defective, it looks fine, it must be some design/manufacturing flaw. Hopefully, I can get a refund.

Update:

Actually it does charge from generic USB chargers, but very, very, very slowly, and you can't use the tablet while it's charging. Aparantely, ASUS transformer needs 11-15 Volts, instead of the standard 5V to charge at normal rate, and to allow use of the tablet during charging. Original ASUS charger has a special pin, which tablet uses to tell the charger to increase the voltage (this way the charger can still output standard 5V for other devices). I am not sure if this cable supports that pin or not.

So, the solution is to buy genuine ASUS charger and cable, or if you like electrical DYI projects, to make a 12V USB charger yourself, from any standard 12V/1.0A+ charger and a barrel plug to female USB plug adapter. Either way, this sucks, and shame of ASUS for making the propriatary chargers which cost a few bucks or less to make so expensive.
on November 24, 2012
We ordered two of these cords because our daughter's cord for her tablet broke. We figured since so cheap we would get two to avoid ever having problem again. Item came as stated and works perfectly as long as USB end plugs into only the charger that came with tablet. (Not sure if this is way it's supposed to be or not and frankly it's no big deal to us). However that being said, we didn't realize until after it was ordered and paid for that it was on the proverbial slow boat from China. Estimated shipment date was 30 days. That may have been the longest 30 days of our lives since that meant our daughter would "borrow" everyone else's electronics in the mean time. We would have gladly spent more $$ for a little more speed. When they said within the time frame, they were not joking it literally came one day early so that was a bit of a disappointment.
on September 29, 2012
With an item like this you can really only give it a 1 or 5 star rating. Received the item in a timely manner, plugged it in and it didn't work. Tried the AC adapter as well as connecting to a desktop. Also tried it with the keyboard dock we have for our tablet. Contacted the seller over a week ago for a refund or exchange, have not yet gotten a response, even an acknowledgement that my correspondence was received. Hopefully they are just backed up and will get to me soon. For now I can't recommend buying from this seller.
on September 6, 2012
I have no qualms with the seller. The product shipped very quickly and even worked right out of the packaging. Unfortunately, it only worked for about 10 charges and now will not charge my tablet at all. Worse, plugging it into a data port on my PC (I was trouble-shooting whether it was the cable or USB a/c charger that was malfunctioning) overloaded the USB port on the PC. I definitely don't recommend buying this item.
on January 4, 2015
It's a good thing these come in a 2-pack because just as other reviewers have complained, some of the cables go bad very quickly. They're pretty long cables, but the quality of the cable within the connectors is clearly lacking. My cables weren't bent or flexed much at all, installed in one location and effectively never moved, but yet the cables went bad. The 40 pin connectors don't fit very solidly, being slightly shorter depth than they should be and causing them to very easily become disconnected. After a few weeks of having one cable just connected to a plug block on a table so I could just plug my tablet in when I was near it (never unhooked, twisted, or carried around) the cable died. It took me a while because the connectors frequently just fall out while sitting there, but eventually I tried the other cable and it started working fine again. These are cheap enough that if you're looking for a cable to just sit in one place, you can buy a handful of these and just swap them out when they die, but if you're looking to carry the cable with you, or disconnect and reconnect frequently, or need the 40-pin connector to stay attached in a position other than the tablet lying completely flat, look elsewhere.
on June 2, 2015
Pros: Looks good. Build looks solid. Will actually charge if you use a factory wall plug.

Cons: Doesn't charge in anything except the original factory ASUS AC wall plug.

Thoughts: Bought two of these to replace the original cord/AC plug which went missing. When I received them they would not work with anything. From other AC adapters, wall plugs, car charger adapters, fully powered laptop ports, nothing. I eventually found the original cord and plug, and they work with that, but nothing else. I was able to verify most things I tried to plug it into were 1 - 1.5 Amp USB ports. A couple I tried I believe were 2 Amp, but was not able to verify.
on January 3, 2014
I bought this item going back about a month ago as a spare just in case i lost my wall charger, which in fact is the case. I never used this one in fact last night was the first time i even unwrapped it. It doesn't work at all. Im disappointed. I guess its my own fault for not checking right away but Im just glad I didnt spend alot. I would recommend going with something that does cost a few extra bucks instead of buying this and chances are it doesnt work. Internet is the only place ive seen this charger, my best buy/Walmart/target doesnt even carry it.
on February 1, 2016
Just got it to keep my crippled battery alive since it sat for a year. It may be an old epad tf101 bit its not completely obsolete yet. Just gotta know where to find discontinued firmware when you need it. (JavaScript)