Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 12, 2012
This is a great case because it holds all the essentials in one place; the hard, outer shell provides overall protection; the inside divider prevents damage to the GPS (I own a Nuvi 3790); and it can be easily stored underneath a car seat, in the trunk, or in luggage.

I'm able to easily store: (1) the Garmin GPS quick-start guide booklet underneath the removable GPS tray; (2) the actual GPS within a separate case (see below) in the GPS tray; (3) the vehicle charger; (4) window suction cup holder; and (5) USB/Micro-B cable.

The separate GPS case I also used came with the removable Garmin dashboard mount that I bought as a separate accessory and as an alternative to the window suction cup holder that came with the GPS itself.

Unfortunately, the dashboard mount is too big for the case that is the subject of this review. But, the case was not made to hold this anyway.
on August 28, 2012
The negatives people are giving are because this case is too big, however that is what I was looking for, a holder that I could keep everything in. This is just that: A case that will hold the unit, and charger with a little extra room too. If you are looking for something small, this is not for you.
on August 4, 2012
Although this case is far to bulky for everyday storage, it makes a great case for traveling as I can store all the cables, SD cards, etc., along with my 5" GPS in one handy hard sided case. This is exactly what I was looking for...
on January 27, 2013
I was able to "squeeze" the 5" Garmin 2555 GPS, the car charger cord, the vehicle suction cup mount, AND an adapter to plug car charger into a household electric outlet in the case and zipper it closed. Some other reviews said they weren't able to keep suction cup mount inside case, but that is where the "squeezing" came in. I wedged the big flat round end in the front edge next to zipper with the finger part laying as flat as you can on top of the middle padded divider. Just make sure you have the middle padded divider covering the GPS screen to assure the screen doesn't get scratched. When the case arrived, it did have an awful, awful, awful (yes awful!) odor. Couldn't decide if it was from the glue or a smoker. I still gave the 5 stars because the odor finally went away after squirting it a few times with Febreze and letting it air out on the exterior porch for several days.
on July 21, 2013
I bought the case to hold a new Garmin Nuvi 3597LMTHD.
It can hold it in an efficient manner and protect the contents.
I would recommend it for the latest generation of GPS devices.

There is a trick to holding the mounting suction cup.
An on line search will show you pictures.
The mounting bracket suction cup goes along the edge of the flap in the picture.
Half is below and half is above the flap.
This is not intuitive, but everything does fit.
on August 1, 2012
Charger-City Exclusive Multi-Compartment Hard Case for 5" GPS is everything offered in the product description.
I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who has one of the Garmen models listed. Well worth the money
unless you want a scratched screen.
on October 26, 2012
Nice case, fits ALL of the various GPS parts and POWER cord in one case. Good Price, good product; and it really does have enough room for the cord, the suction mount, and protects the GPS unit. Dropped it off the roof of my car and GPS survived.
on December 6, 2012
This item is not as described and the photo is misleading. The product photo shows the 5"Nuvi GPS in the case with the charger and the mount. With the mount disassembled, all items will fit as shown. But the case will not zip closed with the mount inside even disassembled. There is no way to position the charger and the mount in the case and have it zip closed. There is a form fit tray for the GPS on the opposite side that protects it and keeps it from rattling around in the opposite compartment. If the form fit insert is removed and the GPS allowed to float around inside the case, the unit will zip closed with the charger and mount. But then the GPS moves around inside the case and is subject to damage from the mount also moving around in the case. I tried wrapping the GPS in a handkerchief to give it some protection, but no deal, the case will not zip closed. Buyer Beware! This product will work but you must carry the mount elsewhere.
on April 6, 2013
As others have mentioned, this case wasn't really built to hold the mount. That's not a big deal to me. However, I can fit it in there if I position it a certain way and don't mind a tight fit. But, with the section divider, I can do that without worrying that squeezing the mount in will hurt my gps. I am totally satisfied.
on September 28, 2012
Case is very sturdy. A little bulky, but then, it holds a lot of stuff. Glad I bought it and use it to transport the GPS in my briefcase and/or luggage. Great protection for my Garmin 560 LMT. The gps cost too much to have it damaged when traveling via modes not using the unit.