Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SANOXY High Output Dual USB Port Car Charger for Ipad, Samsung Galaxy, Iphone, Blackberry, Droid, Gps, and Other Tablets, Smart Phones and High Powered Devices
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on July 27, 2006
Like everyone else, I hate Apple's not including an AC adapter with the iPod and then charging $30 to get one. And, like many here, I was hesitant to buy a $3 charger since it might ruin my $250 nano. But it isn't a $3 charger. It's more like a $6-10 charger when you add in the "shipping" -- roughly $7.50 for one and $10.50 for two, which is really shipping, handling and profit. Even at those prices, it's much better than Apple and I like the design even better (roughly half the size and one third the weight. Given the small power output, that shouldn't be a problem and is better when traveling. Apple's adapter is almost as big as the one for my iBook and that uses many times the power of an iPod charger.

Someone expressed concern about the lack of a "charge completed" indicator, but I don't see how that could happen. To my knowledge, a USB port (which this charger replicates so far as charging is concerned) does not know when anything connected to it is done charging (or even if it is charging vs. operating) so all the charge control would seem to have to be in the iPod, not the charger.

I gave this product four stars instead of five only because of the company's misleading shipping charge. Paradoxically, they might sell more if they charged the true price and a more reasonable shipping charge since a lot of people are likely to be scared away by a ridiculously low price, out of fear they will damage their iPod. I wish Amazon would require its affiliated sellers to adhere to a reasonable shipping cost policy. Amazon's charging reasonable shipping is a big reason I tend to come to their site, but situations like this are making me look elsewhere more.
99 comments|238 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 21, 2006
I've bought three of these on separate occasions - one for me and two as gifts. Each arrived very fast by mail and all work perfectly. The charger is very small and has a built-in folding plug. It can charge any device that uses USB for charging. Simple, elegant and even with shipping it is less than 1/3 the price of the Apple version - highly recommended!
on March 13, 2007
Charger FRIED our iPOD video first time we used it. iPOD was burning hot and is ruined.I've sent 7 emails to Cemtronix-NO RESPONSE! Can't find Cemtronix phone no. anywhere-includ Amazon CS and internet search. Want reimbursement for new iPOd $265.19 plus 6.00. Very upset and disgusted that Cemtronix won't respond and Amazon won't provide phone number or address of Cemtronix.

READ THIS!!!
Cemtronix responded to my evaluation by writing: Seller Response: ""NOT TRUE" Item was tested and was not defective at all. This buyer was looking for a free iPod "SELLERS BEWARE"" Date: 3/13/2007

THIS IS NOT TRUE!! Cemtronix NEVER contacted me or tested the product. I still have it. I was NOT looking for a free ipod. Mine worked fine before using the charger.
DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. THEY DO NOT DESERVE ANY BUSINESS!
1313 comments|282 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 29, 2012
I bought 2 of these in March 2012. One for my car and the other for my wife's car. When mine didn't work, I just tossed it in the trash since it was so inexpensive. However, the one that I put in my wife's car started to smoke when plugged in. It destroyed the expensive bluetooth headset that she was charging when this thing smoked! Good thing it didn't set the car on fire! Please be careful!
on April 1, 2006
Just what the doctor ordered. It's robbery what Apple charges for their chargers, considering that if you buy one of their $300+ video ipods, it doesn't even come with one! Just what you need for on-the-road charging, and it weighs next to nothing.
on August 18, 2006
Broken after 3 uses. Extremely flimsy. Spend a few more buck and buy something more substantial.
on September 26, 2008
This charger fried 2 mp3 players, both less than 4 weeks old. A new Ipod touch stopped powering up after the first charge using this item. A cheaper mp3 player died after about a week of use. It worked for a few charges, then after plugging it in one day, I noticed the charging light on the player did not come on and it was extremely hot.
on March 2, 2007
I just received the USB adapter and attempted to charge my Ipod Shuffle. When plugging the charger into the wall, it sparked and shot out of the wall. The left side of my room lost power. Black smoot was all over the USB charger. I do not recommend this product to anyone unless you enjoy watching your house burn down. The $30 one from Apple will be well worth the extra cost.
on May 9, 2011
This charger worked better than the expensive one I bought from Best Buy. It was very short lived though I ordered the charger from a third party seller on Amazon and it worked well but after about 2 weeks I tried the charger in both of my cars and it would not turn on. The light would not turn on and neither port would work to charge my phone. I don't know if I got a faulty piece but I am very disappointed to say the least.
on May 9, 2011
NOTE that if you're charging an iPhone, iPod or iPad (I have all three) the bottom slot won't charge iPad or iPod Touch 4th gen. The top slot will however charge all devices.

The charger worked great for about 4 days then completely stopped working. I ordered a replacement and had the same issue this is obviously weak construction and has ended up costing me more then it would have if I just went to the store and bought one, and now I still don't have a charger for my iPad. In theory the product is great and it worked great shortly but buyer BEWARE