Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundTouch 130 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on January 5, 2015
Well this is a tough one to review. The cord does its job. There is no doubting that. However, we use the portable dvd player for our rear facing car seat. 5.5 feet is not enough to make this distance to the backseat headrest. If you are planning to use it for rear facing car seat then you need at least 6.5 feet worth of cable. I give it 4 stars because it's not long enough for what I need it for
22 comments9 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 19, 2014
Excellent part. Its compatible with the dvd player I have for my daughter. The shipping was very fast. I am very happy with it.
on May 21, 2014
We bought the $80 Sylvania portable DVD player for our son Christmas 2012. It stopped working December 2013, would not come on in the car. We tested the cord in both car outlets and the DVD still wouldn't come on. Quickly realized the cord was shot, ordered this one and the DVD player is back to working perfectly.

Still a great purchase even though we had to replace the cord. Glad that it was available as a replacement part on Amazon.
on June 11, 2014
Awesome travel plug in for portable movie players! Others that I have used/ordered started unravelling at the base of the plug in but so far this one has surpassed all the others and held up nicely! Highly recommend!
on June 18, 2014
Great buy, I am happy about it!
Sturdy cord and long enough for what I needed it for!

I recommend this!
on June 11, 2014
it is a good product. it works with my car dvd player. the charger exactly fit and works well. I like it
on May 23, 2014
The car charger that comes with the DVD player broke too easy. Get this one it is the best. Thanks
on February 2, 2016
I was so upset when my previous car adapter broke because my kids were unable to watch movies during long car rides. For their sanity, and mine, I went searching for a replacement cord asap. This one is one of the longest ones I could find on Amazon and the price is was just right for me. I have the Sylvania Portable DVD Player model Sdvd8706 and this cord works great with it!
on October 11, 2015
The charger that came with our portable DVD player never could reach the back seat, which entirely defeated the purpose of a Portable DVD player for an 18 hour drive with a toddler... this charger saved our sanity and helped us to meet our time line instead of having to add several stops to entertain and sooth a cranky twonager.
on February 13, 2014
My kids always fight over what movie to watch, so we bought another dvd player for the car (life saver for long drives). The cord on the dvd player fell apart and we were back to one player and fights. I ordered this cord and it worked and was long enough to be plugged in the front and reach the middle row. Peace on earth again!