Most helpful positive review
180 of 192 people found the following review helpful
on May 24, 2011
Recently got a new droid and needed a cradle for the car. Because I'm a tight-wad, I sorted by price vs. shipping and chose Empire. I completely expected to get what I paid for and just have to deal with a cheap, lame cradle - WRONG!!! I am nothing but pleased with this thing for these reasons...
1) The suction cup is STRONG. I know this because my windshield is DIRTY. The cradle's been installed for weeks and it hasn't budged. I didn't even have to lick it! ^_~
2) The bendy arm is remarkably TIGHT. It holds my droid exactly where I want it - no re-adjusting AT ALL.
3) The clamp part is just plain cool.
a) It's wide enough accept and squeezes in to fit any phone.
b) Has little swing out feet to support the phone in the vertical position.
c) The ratchetting system for vert/hor positioning is TIGHT - NO SAG!
d) The clamp and release action is smooth.
e) The clamp arms are angled inwards, so if you've got volume buttons (or whatever) on the side of your phone, don't squeeze the clamp so hard - it'll nicely hold your phone without pushing your buttons! (pun intended)
e) One-handed operation. Phone, squeeze, drive. Park, phone, leave. No fiddling at all!
4) I drive a minivan (What? I got 3 kids and a HOT wife!), so the windshield is really deep. The bendy arm is long enough to reach where it's out of my line of sight - no obstruction. Was worried about that. Now I'm not.
5) Very easy to assemble. Honestly, it took me longer to remember that I had to assemble the thing than it did to actually assemble the thing.
***** FIVE STARS ALL THE WAY *****