Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more King Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on September 24, 2011
We were so excited to get this product. It arrived wrapped in a plastic baggie with no instructions but I had already read the instructions here so I knew to do a full charge before using them. When I first plugged it in, the lights were both blue. Odd, since I thought that meant a full charge. But I still left it charged the rest of the night. The next day, my kids took the remotes off the charger and found one of the remotes had hardly any charge and the other only stayed charged for a few minutes. I thought I had done something wrong so I tried to charge overnight again but the next day the same thing happened. To our very great disappointment, they will be going back on Monday.
33 comments99 of 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 8, 2011
This station is a nice alternative to buying packs of AA batteries. The batteries take a while to charge, especially the initial charge. Depending how much you use the Wii, the charge might last only a day or two. Like other users have written, it only comes with a USB cable (which is clearly labeled in the description), but you can plug it into any USB wall outlet adapter like the ones for phones or ipods.
22 comments65 of 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 7, 2009
Great product, charges remotes for wii, does take a little while, but gives a good charge, light changes color when charged. My whole family has bought them, it really saves on batteries.
0Comment39 of 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 19, 2011
Received two rechargeable replacement batteries in this order. One of them won't charge at all and the other will hold a charge for about 15 min of play time. Totally worthless.
on March 23, 2013
ATTN: DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.....This station does not work at all...I have pushed and shoved the remotes into the bay and they go red for about 10 seconds then stright to blue....WILL NOT CHARGE....I knew this item was to good to be true...I should have read more of the reviews but I thought Amazon stood by what the sellers had to offer...MY BAD...Thanks to the seller and Amazon...Why if there are so many bad reviews would Amazon continue to allow this to be sold???
on September 8, 2012
I was so excited to get these, and to not have to use batteries... Yeah, I didn't even get to try, they wouldn't charge. No amount of manipulating would get them into the base to charge. I spent ~ an hour thinking it was something I was doing, hoping I'd be one of the lucky reviewers... Nope. Sending back for a refund...
on February 22, 2009
I bought this item awhile back and I must say that this the best thing that I invested my money. The only bad review is that the light is to bright and it take at least 12hrs. to charge (which is frustrating). But overall it's ok.
0Comment17 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 18, 2014
Why are these pictures apparently so different, and how can the same item have >100 "excellent" reviews and also >100 "poor" reviews with very little in between? These are actually two different products listed as one. We ordered the same item at two different times and received different products (confirmed with Amazon Customer Service, from different sellers). My wife placed the first order and we received what is shown in the lower 4 pictures -- the lower profile unit with lights all around the remote holder (from Sell Below Cost). This product is excellent, holds the Wii remotes securely and charges well. In our experience this product merits an "excellent" rating; we liked it so much that we ordered another one. That second purchase was from a different seller, but we didn't notice it at the time. When the second order arrived, it was actually the item shown in the top three pictures -- the higher profile unit with lights only in front of where the remotes sit. This product does not work at all: the remotes are hard to place "properly," they do not stay in place and they do not charge completely. We are returning these for a refund (even though the low cost almost makes that a waste of time). This item definitely deserves a "poor" rating, and is not worth whatever you might spend on it. Another problem is that the two different products have the charging contacts on the rechargeable batteries at different spots on the remote, so they are not interchangeable with one another even if the "poor" charging station did work properly.

To Amazon's credit, their customer service team very kindly helped us resolve this problem. They processed a refund and helped us to order another of the "excellent" items with expedited shipping and no shipping charges. Unfortunately, the time that has been wasted on this process is not worth the cost of the item. Hopefully Amazon can correct this dual-listing problem. In the meantime, we suggest looking for other more consistent listings to ensure you get the lower profile charger; you will be very pleased with it. If you get the taller one with lights in front, you will be disappointed.
on August 8, 2011
I couldn't believe this product was so cheap. I figured something was up. Well, turns out it does exactly what it says it does. Comes with a charging station and rechargeable battery packs that fit in the back of the WII controller. Never change batteries again--just put on the charging station when done and batteries are fresh for next time. Charge indicator lets you know when full charge has been reached. Plugs into any device via USB.
44 comments18 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 27, 2012
I just received this from UPS about 20 minutes ago. I excitedly removed the old batteries and covers, and installed the rechargeable packs. Upon putting them on the plugged-in dock, the lights flash wildly between purple and blue.

According to my instructional leaflet that arrived with the product: Charging should = ORANGE LED.
According to the information in the product description page: Charging should = RED LED.
What ACTUALLY happens when I set the controllers in the dock? extremely dull PURPLE LED (which flashes blue every few seconds).

On top of this, after the first 5 minutes, the LEDs went off entirely. I had to jiggle the Wiimotes to get the lights to come back on.
If you don't want to worry about receiving a quality product, I'd suggest buying a higher-end or Nintendo brand charging station. Not only does none of the literature and information match up with the product I received, but the physical appearance is even different. Definitely looks more cheaply made.

Pros: Cheap.
Cons: Received product which is mechanically and visibly different than advertised. Stops working frequently. Constantly switches between charging LED and charged LED. Battery packs a little rough to install as they seem a bit too large. Can't charge controllers while a gel cover OR wrist strap is installed.