Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now DOTD

on July 8, 2011
This station is a nice alternative to buying packs of AA batteries. The batteries take a while to charge, especially the initial charge. Depending how much you use the Wii, the charge might last only a day or two. Like other users have written, it only comes with a USB cable (which is clearly labeled in the description), but you can plug it into any USB wall outlet adapter like the ones for phones or ipods.
22 comments|66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 24, 2011
We were so excited to get this product. It arrived wrapped in a plastic baggie with no instructions but I had already read the instructions here so I knew to do a full charge before using them. When I first plugged it in, the lights were both blue. Odd, since I thought that meant a full charge. But I still left it charged the rest of the night. The next day, my kids took the remotes off the charger and found one of the remotes had hardly any charge and the other only stayed charged for a few minutes. I thought I had done something wrong so I tried to charge overnight again but the next day the same thing happened. To our very great disappointment, they will be going back on Monday.
33 comments|100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 23, 2013
ATTN: DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.....This station does not work at all...I have pushed and shoved the remotes into the bay and they go red for about 10 seconds then stright to blue....WILL NOT CHARGE....I knew this item was to good to be true...I should have read more of the reviews but I thought Amazon stood by what the sellers had to offer...MY BAD...Thanks to the seller and Amazon...Why if there are so many bad reviews would Amazon continue to allow this to be sold???
on September 8, 2012
I was so excited to get these, and to not have to use batteries... Yeah, I didn't even get to try, they wouldn't charge. No amount of manipulating would get them into the base to charge. I spent ~ an hour thinking it was something I was doing, hoping I'd be one of the lucky reviewers... Nope. Sending back for a refund...
on February 7, 2009
Great product, charges remotes for wii, does take a little while, but gives a good charge, light changes color when charged. My whole family has bought them, it really saves on batteries.
on September 19, 2011
Received two rechargeable replacement batteries in this order. One of them won't charge at all and the other will hold a charge for about 15 min of play time. Totally worthless.
on February 7, 2016
After my original Wii remote batteries and charging station began to fail, I started looking for inexpensive replacements on Amazon. Flash forward a week or so and I received these items. Excited to finally play my Wii again without using regular AA batteries, I opened the box and put the new battery packs in my remotes and sat them on the new charger, but I noticed that only the left side of the charger was actually lighting up. I switched remotes and got the same result, so at that point I began to think that I had received a defective charger. I thought that one side working was better than none, so I let one of my remotes charge overnight. Eager again to play, I removed the remote from the charger to find that it hadn't charged at all. Later that evening, I put the other new battery in the remote and tried charging it overnight, and woke up again to find that it didn't charge either. So I not only received a defective charger, but also two defective batteries. I knew my remotes themselves were fine because I could install regular batteries and they worked perfectly. Oh well, the good part is that I didn't pay much for these, but I wasn't about to go through the hassle of returning them. I guess you really do get what you pay for!
on September 3, 2012
Because my Wii and first remote arrived well before this recharger, I never tried the recharger until the batteries ran out.

Now, it was time to put the rechargable batteries in and give them their initial charge. Opened the box - no instructions inside. Outside of the box, one side described red and green lights and what they meant - We only had blue lights.

I could never get the points to line up between the remote and the recharger so I could not get a charge to take place. Therefore, I have never really used it.

Now, my time to return it has elapsed!

I am glad I am not hanging out there for a large amount of mony, but I wish I had read the reviews before I bought this item!!!
on January 18, 2014
Why are these pictures apparently so different, and how can the same item have >100 "excellent" reviews and also >100 "poor" reviews with very little in between? These are actually two different products listed as one. We ordered the same item at two different times and received different products (confirmed with Amazon Customer Service, from different sellers). My wife placed the first order and we received what is shown in the lower 4 pictures -- the lower profile unit with lights all around the remote holder (from Sell Below Cost). This product is excellent, holds the Wii remotes securely and charges well. In our experience this product merits an "excellent" rating; we liked it so much that we ordered another one. That second purchase was from a different seller, but we didn't notice it at the time. When the second order arrived, it was actually the item shown in the top three pictures -- the higher profile unit with lights only in front of where the remotes sit. This product does not work at all: the remotes are hard to place "properly," they do not stay in place and they do not charge completely. We are returning these for a refund (even though the low cost almost makes that a waste of time). This item definitely deserves a "poor" rating, and is not worth whatever you might spend on it. Another problem is that the two different products have the charging contacts on the rechargeable batteries at different spots on the remote, so they are not interchangeable with one another even if the "poor" charging station did work properly.

To Amazon's credit, their customer service team very kindly helped us resolve this problem. They processed a refund and helped us to order another of the "excellent" items with expedited shipping and no shipping charges. Unfortunately, the time that has been wasted on this process is not worth the cost of the item. Hopefully Amazon can correct this dual-listing problem. In the meantime, we suggest looking for other more consistent listings to ensure you get the lower profile charger; you will be very pleased with it. If you get the taller one with lights in front, you will be disappointed.
on March 12, 2016
I'm not exactly sure but i'm assuming that the charger is actually pretty good. but the batteries are terrible. after less than 10 mins the battery goes from full to 2 bars. however i cant complain, it gives me a good 5-10 hours before it turns red. doesn't bother me at all considering the fact i grew up having to go on a scavenger hunt for AA Batterie just to give me not much playtime. this saves time and money.