4.0 out of 5 stars Switch Does NOT Control Fan
Just to remark on another review, the on/off switch does not control the fan. The fan stays on whenever the unit is plugged in. The switch only controls the blue light.
I have made an adjustment in my charging center to get the switch to control both the light and the fan.
In order to do this you must:

1) Remove the sticky feet and the 4 screws...
Published on February 25, 2008 by T. Carey

2.0 out of 5 stars Wii dual charger with fan
Published on March 7, 2008 by Spindler

4.0 out of 5 stars Switch Does NOT Control Fan, February 25, 2008
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
In order to do this you must:

1) Remove the sticky feet and the 4 screws underneath them
2) Remove the circuit board (2 screws) that the fan wires goto.
3) Unsolder the fans black wire (+) from the bottom of the curcuit board
4) Solder the fans black wire to the on off switch where the red wires from the blue light are already soldered.
5) re-screw the circuit board
6) rescrew the 4 screws under the feet
7) Put back on the sticky feet.

Now the on/off switch will control both the fan and the blue light.
I rated this an overall rating of 3 because this is a stupid design and the on/off switch should have controlled both without me having to modify it.
Doing this modification was simple.
I am not a great solderer so was worried at first, but when I took it apart I saw how easy it would be.
The modification took less then 10 minutes and could be done easily by anyone.
If this modification was done by the factory, I would have given this unit a 5 star review, but since I had to mod it, I am giving it a 3.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wii dual charger with fan, March 7, 2008
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
I purchased this thinking it would be good since it does not require an additional power cord and has the two charger docks and batteries. When I received it I found that the on/off switch does not control the fan just the light and the base charging units. I also have some issues with the charging docks. They are too deep for the remotes. The wrist strap gets in the way when you insert them and I have problems with the remotes making contact to charge. I read the other reviews and sure, if I take the wrist straps off the remotes would fit better but I have two young children that are not going to take the time to do that. If the on/off switch controlled the fan as well and the docking stations were not as deep it would be a great charging station for the Wii. Over all I am keeping it but I am going to follow the other review on modifying it to have the on/off switch control the fan. If the remotes making contact to charge becomes too much of an issue I will purchase a different type of unit. Until this item is modified by the manufacturer I would not recommend it unless you need to save the money and have the time to fool with it. It is a great design idea I just think it needs a few modifications.

5.0 out of 5 stars The People Have Spoken and Intec has Listened, June 27, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
When buying this product I was pretty skeptical due to all the bad reviews but when it arrived I was in for a delight. The company was probably reading the reviews online and I guess they came out with a version 2.0. The light switch now controls the fan and that is a big help because now you don't have to go in and play operation and try to solder this and that like Mr. and Mrs.D.I.Y. I want to thank everybody for your reviews and keep doing what you do because your voice will be heard. Also anyone thinking about buying this product you should it keeps you Wii cool to prevent overheating and damage and the rechargeable batteries for the Wii remotes are great!

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad for Wii, February 9, 2009
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I've only had my Wii for 6 weeks. The AC Adapter charger for the Wii got fried from this product. This product uses a spliter to share power with the Wii. I had to send my Wii and wait 2 weeks for the return with a new charger. They told me not to use this charge station.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the Wii Charge Station to get!, January 15, 2008
Mark Skuba (Tracy, CA USA) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I have been looking through all the reviews on charge stations, but none appealed to me more than this one (without no reviews nonetheless). Comes with 2 Battery packs that is pretty much the steal right there! Everything works perfectly out of the package. Easy to hook up. Switch to turn fan on/off (along with blue LED). Wiimote slips right in the charger and make sure you move the strap out of the way to get the full charge. You must charge this for 12 hours before using!!! That is very important and also says so in the manual. Red LED indicates charge and Blue LED indicates charge completion. I hope this has been enough information to influence you to buy this GREAT Wii accessory.

1.0 out of 5 stars As a charger, great. Makes too much noise, October 9, 2008
K. Pingel (Outside Chicago) - See all my reviews
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this hoping it would solve the never ending search for batteries in my house. However, now I have a battery charger that I hardly use because the "cooling system" fan is so loud. Get a standalone charger that doesn't include inserting the Wii. It looks cool, but sounds awful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what is promised, April 12, 2008
I have been using my dual charge station for a month and it does exactly what it says it will do. It recharges the batteries in the wands. It provides a blue light all of the time, unless you turn it off. The fan is always on. If this isn't what you want search for a simple modification on the web. The charging lights are red until the batteries are charged, then they turn blue.

1.0 out of 5 stars didn't last very long, May 30, 2008
We first got this product the end of March...it was great until the middle of April. One day is started making a funny grinding noise and it has slowly died. Hoping we just got a bumm product...hopefully we can return it and try again!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well!, February 15, 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
For the price, you can't beat this! Not only does it come with two rechargeable batteries for two controllers, but the stand has a built-in cooling fan for the Wii!

1.0 out of 5 stars excellent fan, terrible charger design, April 30, 2008
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this when I bought my Wii as I intended to use rechargeables right from the start. I sure wish I hadn't lost my receipt as this was a very disappointing purchase. Although the charger is very sexy with it's blue-lit base and the fan works exactly as promised I was primarily interested in the product for charging my Wii remotes. This it does extremely poorly. The battery packs are extremely difficult to get into the controllers and I had to almost break the plastic casings to get them to snap into place. Then to make matters worse the chargers are tight deep cradles into which the controllers will fit ONLY IF YOU REMOVE THE SKINS. After tearing 3 skins in the first 3 nights of trying to charge my Wii-motes I abandoned the nice skins I bought in favor of the thicker rubber default skins that peel back without ripping. It was EXTREMELY disappointing to find that 2 such common accessories for the Wii could be so vastly incompatible with each other. I don't know who's to blame, but some designers somewhere should be losing their jobs. Even the wrist-straps can get in the way and prevent charging unless you jiggle the controllers around until they are sitting "just right". In each of the charging cradles there are little metal tabs that make contact with the charging contacts on the controller (similar to what you would find on a cordless phone charger/base). Just this last week one of the contacts got stuck inside the base and wouldn't come out for 2 days depriving me of one of my chargers. It came out a couple of days ago on its own volition, but promptly disappeared again yesterday. Surely some of these issues should have been anticipated in the design stage. And shouldn't some of the problems have been found during testing? If you plan on gaming 12+ hours per day then this may be a good product for the fan alone if you can live with the crappy charging system, but if you're just looking for a charger for your controllers I couldn't recommend a worse product then this one. There are better solutions out there. I'm going to look for something better and try to ditch this on somebody who can really use the fan. Either that or I'll take it apart and fix it myself

Charging Dock and Turbo Cooler - Nintendo Wii